Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AlNFL19

Consensus Scouting Report - Joe Burrow, QB, LSU

Joe Burrow Consensus Scouting Report  

21 members have voted

  1. 1. In which of the following traits do you think Joe Burrow is EXCELLENT?

    • Decision Making
    • Accuracy
    • Arm Strength
      0
    • Pocket Awareness
    • Release Quickness
    • Leadership / Intangibles
    • Mobility
    • Mechanics
  2. 2. In which of the following traits do you think Joe Burrow is AVERAGE?

    • Decision Making
    • Accuracy
    • Arm Strength
    • Pocket Awareness
    • Release Quickness
    • Leadership / Intangibles
    • Mobility
    • Mechanics
  3. 3. In which of the following traits do you think Joe Burrow is POOR?

    • Decision Making
    • Accuracy
    • Arm Strength
    • Pocket Awareness
      0
    • Release Quickness
    • Leadership / Intangibles
      0
    • Mobility
    • Mechanics


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

That said, I don't see a "WOW" athlete or even a "they need to account for him with a LB in man coverage" athlete.

Absolutely not, I totally agree. Though teams would never do that for Mahomes, Rodgers, or Prescott, yet you've rated them higher. I guess that threw me off along with being grouped with Dalton (who I don't consider very mobile).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SmittyBacall said:

Absolutely not, I totally agree. Though teams would never do that for Mahomes, Rodgers, or Prescott, yet you've rated them higher. I guess that threw me off along with being grouped with Dalton (who I don't consider very mobile).

Early in Rodgers/Prescott's careers, they were definitely threats with their legs, and Mahomes showed his athleticism in that playoff run this weekend, to go with arguably the best ability to extend plays in or out of the pocket as I've seen in years (prime Rodgers), maybe ever.

Maybe Burrow and Dak are fair comps, but I'd take Mahomes/Rodgers athletically over him (as prospects in their prime).

Dalton is a plus athlete that I think compares to him a lot, especially with what he did at TCU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Burrow is going to test better athletically than Mahomes did, so he should at least be in that group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I absolutely read this wrong. I ranked his best traits in order.

Same here haha, whoops. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There needs to be a "leave blank" space because I don't think Burrow is POOR in any of the traits you listed. 
Might have average arm-strength (still adequate enough) but that's about it... 
In the mobility aspect of his game I'd say it's above-average, compared to the 32 starting QBs in the league right now. Probably on par with Mahomes and more than Dalton (IMO). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Joe Burrow is a solid college athlete. In the NFL, he will be a plus athlete at the position, but not a "good" one. That's not a knock, but rather, if you look at the tiers for athleticism:

ELITE:

Jackson

Watson

Kyler Murray

(Formerly Cam/still if healthy)

REALLY Good:

Wilson

Allen

Marcus Mariota

Good:

Mahomes

Average/Above Average/were athletic in college:

Joe Burrow

 

 

 

Watson isn't elite, he is really good.  Joe Burrow is in the category of really good - good, basically Josh Allen just not 6'6.  His athleticism is severely undervalued on this forum. 

Also, I see a lot of people continually undervaluing Mahomes athleticism as a runner.  As shown by his 27yd TD/ 64 yd scramble, he has excellent quickness and agility.  For those that need numbers, he tested better than most skill position players at the combine in both the shuttle and three cone.  He just prefers to throw the ball almost every time over running it.  If you give him a 90% chance of running one in vs a 75% chance on a passing TD, he makes the pass every time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, warsawian said:

Watson isn't elite, he is really good.  Joe Burrow is in the category of really good - good, basically Josh Allen just not 6'6.  His athleticism is severely undervalued on this forum. 

You think that Joe Burrow is on the same tier as Watson? Respectfully, that's an absolute joke. As for athleticism relative to size, that's a factor. Josh Allen is likely more athletic than Burrow and has 30+ pounds and 3+ inches on Burrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

You think that Joe Burrow is on the same tier as Watson? Respectfully, that's an absolute joke. As for athleticism relative to size, that's a factor. Josh Allen is likely more athletic than Burrow and has 30+ pounds and 3+ inches on Burrow.

How do you quote what I say and then immediately misquote in your rebuttal? 

I said:

"Deshaun Watson isn't Elite, he is really good. Joe Burrow is in the category of really good - good"

At no point did I say "Joe Burrow is on the same tier as Watson"

To clarify further:

Deshaun Watson is not in the same tier of athleticism as Kyler Murray and Lamar Jackson.  I do see Burrow on the same level as Josh Allen, just below Watson.  Honestly these tiers are not very good measuring sticks. 

10 - Lamar Jackson, Mike Vick, Vince Young

9 - Kyler Murray, Cam Newton

8 - Deshaun Watson, Russell Wilson

7.5 - Mitchell Trubisky, Josh Allen, Joe Burrow 

7 - Patrick Mahomes, Aaron Rogers, Carson Wentz

6.5 - Baker Mayfield

6 - Sam Darnold

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, warsawian said:

How do you quote what I say and then immediately misquote in your rebuttal? 

I said:

"Deshaun Watson isn't Elite, he is really good. Joe Burrow is in the category of really good - good"

At no point did I say "Joe Burrow is on the same tier as Watson"

To clarify further:

Deshaun Watson is not in the same tier of athleticism as Kyler Murray and Lamar Jackson.  I do see Burrow on the same level as Josh Allen, just below Watson.  Honestly these tiers are not very good measuring sticks. 

10 - Lamar Jackson, Mike Vick, Vince Young

9 - Kyler Murray, Cam Newton

8 - Deshaun Watson, Russell Wilson

7.5 - Mitchell Trubisky, Josh Allen, Joe Burrow 

7 - Patrick Mahomes, Aaron Rogers, Carson Wentz

6.5 - Baker Mayfield

6 - Sam Darnold

I’d put Burrow with Baker on this list

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I’d put Burrow with Baker on this list

That's exactly where I put him and have been at the mercy of recency bias ever since. Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

That's exactly where I put him and have been at the mercy of recency bias ever since. Good luck.

I’m taking him first overall in BDL so I want him to be great. But I also will be honest and unbiased about his attributes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I’m taking him first overall in BDL so I want him to be great. But I also will be honest and unbiased about his attributes.

I even prefaced everything with "I'm a big Joe Burrow fan" and yet that's what they decided to harp on. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I even prefaced everything with "I'm a big Joe Burrow fan" and yet that's what they decided to harp on. LOL

He definitely needs to cut back on the running in the NFL. He isn’t elusive to hits like LAMAR and Kyler. He takes some big hits when he runs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×