2020 Senior Bowl Discussion

WindyCity

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

He could be really good.  Not ruling that out just because of the weird similarities he has to Shaheen.

All I'm saying is it sounds so familiar and Bears fans have been tortured long enough.  I don't really care who they draft at the end of the day...just give us some good luck for once..

I think if we do go the route of another small school guy I’d expect we hedge with a FA of some kind as well. I’d sign a FA TE regardless of whether we draft one in round 2, 7 or not at all personally. With Burton’s question mark we need 2 guys at the position. 

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Mack went to Buffalo

Wentz, Brate, Garoppolo, Romo, TO, Andre Reed, Dent, Flacco, etc. The list goes on. I'm not going to pass on Trautman if he ends up as a really good prospect because 3 years ago Pace took another "Adam" from Ohio xD

I also would not take another QB named Mitch from North Carolina via Ohio.

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

I am 90 % certain that's why there is so little discussion of J Eason on here

I'm not discussing QB's in round 2 only because 1) I don't trust Pace's eye for QB talent (Glennon, Trubisky, Mariota) and 2) I think they have more pressing needs in round 2 (TE, EDGE, DE, CB, SS, WR, OL) especially since they *seem* committed to Trubisky and if they win <or=5 games in 2020, I think Pace and Nagy are gone and that QB likely never gets a chance here because most of the time, a new regime wants their own guy at that position.

Edited by beardown3231

6 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I'm not discussing QB's in round 2 only because 1) I don't trust Pace's eye for QB talent (Glennon, Trubisky, Mariota) and 2) I think they have more pressing needs in round 2 (TE, EDGE, DE, CB, SS, WR, OL) especially since they *seem* committed to Trubisky and if they win <or=5 games in 2020, I think Pace and Nagy are gone and that QB likely never gets a chance here because most of the time, a new regime wants their own guy at that position.

More pressing needs than the most important position on the team? Ok.

@JustAnotherFan

especially since they *seem* committed to Trubisky and if they win <or=5 games in 2020, I think Pace and Nagy are gone and that QB likely never gets a chance here because most of the time, a new regime wants their own guy at that position

Yeah exactly. Bold a little further next time

If the Bears draft, say, Eason and he showed little to no promise and everyone got fired, guess what? Eason was a waste of a pick because the new regime is going to get their guy. If the Bears draft, say, Kmet and he showed little to no promise and everyone got fired, guess what? Kmet is still going to be given a chance next year. Ultimately these guys want their "own" guys but at no other position is that more prevalent than at QB. Combine that with the fact that Pace couldn't find a good QB if one hit him in the ***, I'll pass. Take one in the 4th, 5th or 6th. That's fine, but I'm not using a far more valuable pick on one considering all of the circumstances.

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I do long for the hype and hope that comes with a new QB.

I can’t believe we are back in the final Cutler years death spiral already.

What would your level of excitement be if we were drafting Burrows this year? 

Hypothetically speaking.  Not trading up, just imaginary world where we had number one pick. 

Just now, dll2000 said:

What would your level of excitement be if we were drafting Burrows this year? 

Hypothetically speaking.  Not trading up, just imaginary world where we had number one pick. 

What if Bears had no. 1 pick and didn't take him!