Arrest warrant issued for Antonio Brown; turns himself in (page 7)

RaidersAreOne

In the offseason everyone did shows and videos saying Antonio Brown was a well liked player and good locker room guy in Pitt.  The real problem in Pitt was Roethisberger they all said.

I heard many ex-players say it, many talking heads, and some you tubers.  

None of them have revisited that thesis of late.  LOL. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

In the offseason everyone did shows and videos saying Antonio Brown was a well liked player and good locker room guy in Pitt.  The real problem in Pitt was Roethisberger they all said.

I heard many ex-players say it, many talking heads, and some you tubers.  

None of them have revisited that thesis of late.  LOL. 

Did any other Pitt player have issues with Ben in the past?

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

It was Bell and Brown who made some public comments if I recall and then someone within org. said team was Ben and a bunch of kids.

They all extrapolated from that and came to conclusion that Ben was a bad leader and was real secret problem.  He was a bad teammate, etc.  

May be some truth to Ben being a jerk, but a lot of people were saying Brown was being treated unfairly and Ben was getting a pass for reasons.

6 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

On a personal note, the contrast reminds of situations I went through.

I can recall coaching little league football teams and had some parents complain bitterly about me.   Took it to board, tried to get me removed, whole 9 yards.

It comes with territory if you coach these days and it is big reason why I don't bother anymore.

Point is they all said I was a problem and imputed my character, I was mean, I was bad, I was nuts, and they were just well meaning peaceful folk trying to sound alarm about me.  

They (separately - wasn't same people - talking 3 couples or dads in different years) due to their behavior and various actions went on to get kicked out of our org., then kicked out of other orgs, kicked of baseball orgs., basketball, kicked out of entire leagues, one of the guys even committed suicide leaving behind 4 kids.  It was really sad.  

But in each case I felt a little vindicated.  Obviously if you have a problem everywhere you go then the problem is you, not everyone else and not me.  And if you commit suicide, then you are dealing with some demons.  

Funny thing was I never even complained about them or tried to get any of them removed at any point, though some thought I did.  Their problems and getting kicked out was all their own doing.  

There was signs before all this recent 12 months or so of crap that he was a problem...

-Threw furniture off a balcony and came close to hitting people down below

-Called the biggest Steelers reporter Ed Bouchette racist for simply calling out Browns antics

-Caugh speeding at roughly 100 mph in a construction area(I literally drove through that area the day this happened without knowing it...IIRC the speed limit was 40)

-Facebooking while a Tomlin was talking to the players on the bus after being told not to

People just simply failed to realize why the Steelers who ate operating in a small 2-3 year window would trade a stud wr for 2 middle round picks..

• Like 1