What concerts did you just go/are you going to?

MikeT14

Just bought tickets to Pearl Jam in Baltimore in March, and thought about asking the rest of you all what you're looking forward to this year, or what you have already been to.

Pearl Jam in Baltimore

Got Floyd Fest in July - biggest names are Stringcheese Incident, Grace Potter, All Them Witches

Motley Crue, Poison, Joan Jett, Def Leppard in August

went to Silversun Pickups and J Roddy Walston and the Business earlier this year. 

If anyone has a chance to go to Jazzfest in New Orleans I highly recommend. They just released their line up this year. 

Going to see Korn this weekend. Havent seen them since I was a teenager, new young kid at work still listens to them on the regular and had an extra ticket. 

I have seen Green Day, Sugar Cult, and New Found Glory at one time when I was younger. I saw New Found Glory again in my 20s.

I have seen Nickelback more than I like to admit (with my mom) and Staind, Three Doors Down, Three Days Grace, Puddle of Mudd and Thornley. There's more of that genre I think.

I was supposed to see Kanye in Philly but he cancelled his second show after his family got robbed or something.

Best memory though, I saw All American Rejects I was like, 25, fresh out of a breakup and having a rough time, some friends took me and the venue I saw them at in my town was a bar, friends with one of my best friends. He was like forcing me drinks most of the night for cheap and I got confused and ended up downstairs.

The band playing is called like Rocket to the Moon or something, and they're like "We love coming to Lancaster, because we have a fan out there, Steve Six where are ya buddy?!" Drunk me in the crowd yells "I'm Steve Six" (it was dead silent for like 2 seconds before) So stagelights shine on me and they're like "Steve come on up buddy!" I paused "Uhh, I'm not really Steve my name is Josh"

1 hour ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

I have seen Green Day, Sugar Cult, and New Found Glory at one time when I was younger. I saw New Found Glory again in my 20s.

I have seen Nickelback more than I like to admit (with my mom) and Staind, Three Doors Down, Three Days Grace, Puddle of Mudd and Thornley. There's more of that genre I think.

I was supposed to see Kanye in Philly but he cancelled his second show after his family got robbed or something.

Best memory though, I saw All American Rejects I was like, 25, fresh out of a breakup and having a rough time, some friends took me and the venue I saw them at in my town was a bar, friends with one of my best friends. He was like forcing me drinks most of the night for cheap and I got confused and ended up downstairs.

The band playing is called like Rocket to the Moon or something, and they're like "We love coming to Lancaster, because we have a fan out there, Steve Six where are ya buddy?!" Drunk me in the crowd yells "I'm Steve Six" (it was dead silent for like 2 seconds before) So stagelights shine on me and they're like "Steve come on up buddy!" I paused "Uhh, I'm not really Steve my name is Josh"

That last story didn't happen to be at the American Music Theater was it?  

16 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

That last story didn't happen to be at the American Music Theater was it?  

Nah, but thanks for jogging my memory, I saw Rodney Atkins there, I also saw him when I was 18 and I tore my ACL at the show lol.

It was at a place called The Chameleon Club/Lizard Lounge

Just now, JoshstraDaymus said:

Nah, but thanks for jogging my memory, I saw Rodney Atkins there, I also saw him when I was 18 and I tore my ACL at the show lol.

It was at a place called The Chameleon Club/Lizard Lounge

I've seen a few of their Christmas shows there at American, as well as Kansas and .38 Special.  Always liked that venue.  

3 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

If anyone has a chance to go to Jazzfest in New Orleans I highly recommend. They just released their line up this year. 

Going to see Korn this weekend. Havent seen them since I was a teenager, new young kid at work still listens to them on the regular and had an extra ticket. 

I saw Korn back in the day on the Summer Sanitarium Tour when it was at Kentucky Speedway that had Metallica, Korn, Kid Rock, Powerman 5000 and a few others. Korn was one of the worst live acts I have every seen, although that was something like 20 years ago.  Probably didn't help their stage show that it was still light outside when they played.  I probably still have this shirt somewhere.

-3639918608052188025.jpg

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

I've seen a few of their Christmas shows there at American, as well as Kansas and .38 Special.  Always liked that venue.  

It's a solid spot for a good low to mid level show for sure. Honestly though for the Rodney Atkins concert I wasn't a fan of the acoustics, it just didn't work. Don't know why  but I've gone back since

58 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

I saw Aerosmith in Vegas in December which was awesome

then I just got back from steamboat springs Colorado for themusicfest which is 4 days of Texas country if you’re into that it’s a blast

Planning on seeing Metallica this coming fall

I've seen Aerosmith 4-5 times, always a great show.  Best one was down at Riverbend in Cincinnati, where they had a second stage at the edge of the grass where they came out and played 4 songs, and for those 4 songs I was front row.

Metallica puts on a helluva show too. Just tons of energy in the crowd.

• Like 1