OT- RIP KOBE

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, dtait93 said:

Neither can sniff Jordan.

Both are better. Jordan only had success when specific obstacles were removed. Had success with same team, same coach and same key contributors on his team.

Im a situational guy. Lebron is prolly gonna win a championship in 2 conferences, with 3 diff coaches, on 3 diff teams as the key guy.

Kobe made it to more, won 1 less, with different surrounding cast and key contributors.

Kobe and Lebron are 1 and 2. Screw what the brainwashed masses say. Sheep squawk in herds....

Edited by Bearerofnews

On 1/28/2020 at 12:29 PM, ET80 said:

It's all good. :)

FWIW, I agree that Kobe is top 3 at absolute worse. I never saw Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain or Kareem Abdul Jabbar play, so I can't justifiably put them ahead of anyone I've seen in real time.

Kobe and LeBron are in the 2-3 spot at worst.

Kobe doesn't even make a serious top 10 list. 

One (questionable) MVP is all he's got in that spot. 

The top 3 is MJ, KAJ, and LBJ in some order.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Jordan only had success when specific obstacles were removed. Had success with same team, same coach and same key contributors on his team.

Wrong. He ended the Bad Boy Pistons and took down Magic's Lakers. Him having success with the same team speaks to his level of greatness and works in his benefit not his detriment. He didn't have to go team hopping in order to play with the best players to give him the best chance of winning. He also didn't have the same key contributors on his 6 championship teams - he won his first three championships without Rodman, and won his first championship before Pippen was even recognized as an all-star. Kobe also won all of his rings with Phil, so make sure you deduct points from Kobe too while you're at it.

48 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Lebron is prolly gonna win a championship in 2 conferences, with 3 diff coaches, on 3 diff teams as the key guy.

Prolly? Nope, not until he can prove he can beat Kawhi, and even then still has to get past the Eastern Conference champion. This is also the same guy who's been swept in the Finals twice, lost 6 Finals in total (including an L to the Mavericks with a 37 year old Jason Kidd and a midget in JJ Barea as main contributors while being outscored by Jason Terry.....and he had Wade and Bosh by his side), allowed Finals MVP to be won 4 times by players who were his primary assignment, embarrassed our country by bringing back the bronze medal instead of gold in the 2004 Olympics, and let's also not forget how he activated "playoff mode" in 2019 only for his team to finish 8-15 and miss the playoffs in the first year he didn't have the benefit of playing in the weak Eastern Conference.

As it stands now he's 3-6 (33% win percentage is terrible - aka 66% chance he loses), with chips in one conference (not 2),  with 2 different coaches (not 3).

1 hour ago, Bearerofnews said:

Kobe made it to more, won 1 less, with different surrounding cast and key contributors.

Kobe was great, but why are we giving him credit for losing? Who cares if you made it to more if you lost. Jordan was flawless when the stakes were highest - Kobe was not. As I mentioned before, Jordan also won with different surrounding casts and key contributors. Nil point. Kobe was also not even the best player on his first three championship teams. Shaq won all 3 Finals MVP's and 1 league MVP to Kobe's 0 during their 3-peat run. Jordan was Finals MVP every single time he made it there.

1 hour ago, Bearerofnews said:

Kobe and Lebron are 1 and 2. Screw what the brainwashed masses say. Sheep squawk in herds....

Jordan out classes them both in rings, Finals MVP's, regular season MVP's, DPOY's, Scoring Champs, PER, ORtg, DRtg, WS/48, shoe sales, NCAA championships, and passes the eye test. The uncontested GOAT.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

There is already a Kobe thread in the Basketball Forum with over 250 pages of posts in it.  Should we keep all the Kobe talk in that thread?

I think you're right. We all processed the tragedy, and are now in the middle of actual basketball discussion.

I'll lock it up, feel free to continue in the Basketball forum.

• Like 2