OT- RIP KOBE

Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, Gmen said:

@MWil23 It’s certainly tragic for Kobe’s family and friends. I understand their mourning. I don’t understand the theatrics that have been going on among nba teams and players. Play a clip of his highlights before the game, RIP Kobe, and move on. Letting shoot clocks expire, putting the ball on the free throw line, postponing games, the bitter tears, are all a bit excessive and contrived in my humble opinion. 

Wow. Just wow.

1 minute ago, Kirill said:

Ok, he's one of three. I thought I dotted my T's and crossed my I's. My b

It's all good. :)

FWIW, I agree that Kobe is top 3 at absolute worse. I never saw Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain or Kareem Abdul Jabbar play, so I can't justifiably put them ahead of anyone I've seen in real time.

Kobe and LeBron are in the 2-3 spot at worst.

34 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Mmmm, no not at all actually. He was a SG through and through.

Nope. Jordan, Lebron, Kareem, Duncan, Russell, Shaq all better and Bird and Magic are debatable as well. He sits in that 7-10 range.

This isn't even close to being true. Duncan won 5 chips with 1 or less all-star teammates, Shaq won 4 chips with one all-star teammate, Kareem won 3 chips with one all-star teammate...and the list goes on. And actually MJ won two chips with 0 all-star teammates but that's a story for a different day.

I wouldn't even say he has the most iconic moments in basketball history, but in sports history? Michael Phelps may have more in 1 Olympic. Your a Kobe stan though so there's no changing your mind anyways, and there's no way to prove what you claim.

Oh god the Basketball forum is leaking out.

• Like 6

I think that some of the mourn is over the top. I mean...does some random person on Facebook that has watched Kobe a few times need to RIP Kobe? I think not. It’s a sad story...but guess what, every day sadness happens. There is quite a bit of self promotion with this story...which is pretty pathetic and fake. Listening to talk radio, there were Sportscasters comparing this to “where were you when JFK was shot or 911 occurred?” I mean...get real. That’s fakeness and trying to turn a story into something bigger than it’s not. 

Of course, none of this applies to the people who actually knew him. 

25 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I think that some of the mourn is over the top. I mean...does some random person on Facebook that has watched Kobe a few times need to RIP Kobe? I think not. It’s a sad story...but guess what, every day sadness happens. There is quite a bit of self promotion with this story...which is pretty pathetic and fake. Listening to talk radio, there were Sportscasters comparing this to “where were you when JFK was shot or 911 occurred?” I mean...get real. That’s fakeness and trying to turn a story into something bigger than it’s not. 

Of course, none of this applies to the people who actually knew him. 

I think what you're describing is more of a problem with social media and it's sort of invisible omnipresent effect on culture than anything that has to do with Kobe Bryant.

And from what I can tell we all better get used to it because people appear to be becoming exponentially more narcissistic.

Edited by Kirill
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Nope. Jordan, Lebron, Kareem, Duncan, Russell, Shaq all better and Bird and Magic are debatable as well. He sits in that 7-10 range of my rankings.

Fixed it for you. It's the funniest thing seeing people speaking in absolutes on player rankings from different eras. 

On 1/28/2020 at 9:29 AM, ET80 said:

It's all good. :)

FWIW, I agree that Kobe is top 3 at absolute worse. I never saw Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain or Kareem Abdul Jabbar play, so I can't justifiably put them ahead of anyone I've seen in real time.

Kobe and LeBron are in the 2-3 spot at worst.

1 and 2 you mean.