OT- RIP KOBE

Humble_Beast

6 minutes ago, Gmen said:

He had a .329 three point percentage 

(I hope you recognize I’m joking here)

He was also the leading assist man on 5 championship teams. He's the greatest point guard of all time and a top 5 player all time. Championships aren't won in Microsoft Excel, and Kobe was living proof of that.

10 minutes ago, Kirill said:

He was also the leading assist man on 5 championship teams. He's the greatest point guard of all time and a top 5 player all time. Championships aren't won in Microsoft Excel, and Kobe was living proof of that.

You clearly worship the hell out of Kobe and I hope you're doing okay. That said, stop posting nonsense.

13 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but Kobe isn't a top 5 player all time nor is he a point guard.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Duluther said:

Forgive me if I don't believe you in saying others' grieving is excessive and contrived is your way of grieving. That's suppressing others' grieving.

Thank you for saying this, because it's exactly what I was thinking.

1 minute ago, dtait93 said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but Kobe isn't a top 5 player all time nor is he a point guard.

The point guard label is more of semantics. I get that. But he's not top 5 all time? You're mistaken if you don't put the 5x champion, 18x all star, 9x 1st team all defense Kobe Bean Bryant in your top 5. He's the only player other than Michael Jordan to win multiple championships with just one all star teammate. Don't even get me started on 81 points or the endless amount of game winners and iconic moments, more than any player in sports history. You can come back at me with what you figured up in Excel. I do not care.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Kirill said:

The point guard label is more of semantics. I get that. But he's not top 5 all time? You're mistaken if you don't put the 5x champion, 18x all star, 9x 1st team all defense Kobe Bean Bryant in your top 5. He's the only player other than Michael Jordan to win multiple championships with just one all star teammate. Don't even get me started on 81 points or the endless amount of game winners and iconic moments, more than any player in sports history. You can come back at me with what you figured up in Excel. I do not care.

Kobe is most definitely top 5.

1 hour ago, Kirill said:

The point guard label is more of semantics. I get that.

Mmmm, no not at all actually. He was a SG through and through.

1 hour ago, Kirill said:

But he's not top 5 all time? You're mistaken if you don't put the 5x champion, 18x all star, 9x 1st team all defense Kobe Bean Bryant in your top 5.

Nope. Jordan, Lebron, Kareem, Duncan, Russell, Shaq all better and Bird and Magic are debatable as well. He sits in that 7-10 range.

1 hour ago, Kirill said:

He's the only player other than Michael Jordan to win multiple championships with just one all star teammate.

This isn't even close to being true. Duncan won 5 chips with 1 or less all-star teammates, Shaq won 4 chips with one all-star teammate, Kareem won 3 chips with one all-star teammate...and the list goes on. And actually MJ won two chips with 0 all-star teammates but that's a story for a different day.

1 hour ago, Kirill said:

Don't even get me started on 81 points or the endless amount of game winners and iconic moments, more than any player in sports history. You can come back at me with what you figured up in Excel. I do not care.

I wouldn't even say he has the most iconic moments in basketball history, but in sports history? Michael Phelps may have more in 1 Olympic. Your a Kobe stan though so there's no changing your mind anyways, and there's no way to prove what you claim.

Edited by dtait93
  • Like 1

VQ1aa!Not remotely an NBA fan. But I respect the greatness of the "working person" regardless of their profession and Kobe was no different. He was an inspiring athlete and by all accounts a really good person. What happened, not just to Kobe but to all the people involved is simply tragic. I really have no other words to describe it, truly heartbreaking.

• Like 1