Cap space 42 mil

Resignings

Marcedes Lewis,

• Good blocker, Vet presence

Tyler Ervin,

• Gadget type player who was starting to get some snaps the last few weeks

Mason Crosby,

• Reliable, Milk him for what he's worth

ERFA'S (Lancaster, Sulivan, Kumerow, Tonyan, Lazard)

• Cheap, young and all have an upcoming role next season except maybe kumerow

Total 10 mil

Cap Space: 32 Mil

FREE AGENCY

Jack Conklin

• 4/48mil
  • Nasty run blocker, adequate pass blocker. 78.3 pff grade (bulaga was 77.9)
  • Id much rather pay conklin the extra mil or 2 at 26 years old then bulaga at the minute

Demarcus Robinson WR

• 3/9 mil
  • Shift slot receiver for rodgers to throw strikes to

Joe Schobert 

• 89 Tackles, 2 sacks, 2 ff & 4 interceptions this season
  • 3/15 mil

Cap Space: 12 mil

The Draft

Ross Blacklock, DT, 6'4, 305, TCU

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/ross-blacklock/t7ydLnDRk4

Powerful, late riser that's moving up the draft boards

Denzel Mims, WR, 6'3, 206, Baylor

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/denzel-mims/ZbRV713pev

• Fast & physical boundary receiver, will highpoint Arod's errant throws

Akeem-davis-gaither,  LB, 6'2, 219, Appalachian state

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/akeem-davis-gaither/dcTgGF2o24

• Modern day LB, Speedy, quick in coverage

Matt Peart, OT, 6'7, 310, Uconn

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/matthew-peart/ZcPZFw7Up9

• Great feet/size, Suffered playing on a poor uconn team

Josiah Degura, TE,6'3 ,245 , Cinci

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/josiah-deguara/C3YabgX51G

• Good run blocker, can develop for a year and take over from lewis

#172 Antonio Gibson, RB, 6'1, 223, Memphis

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/antonio-gibson/I5CiDenmam

• Can play Rb or wr, electric with the ball in hand

#189 James Morgan, QB, 6'4, 213, Florida international

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/james-morgan/xMtJsaiJJm

• Played well at the senior bowl, worth a shot

7th round Carter Coughlan, Edge, 6'3, 234, Minnesota

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/carter-coughlin/1PcgjmHvSi

• Edge #4, Developmental jack of all trades player

Cap space Left 7mil

• Like 1

Best I've seen and would like to see. Like the players targeted in FA and not sure about the players drafted as I haven't got into that yet but the like the positions taken in each round.  Think the values for the FA's are about 30% below what they will go for. I'm still tempted to keep Graham.

• Like 1

Love the draft. I think you're free agent signings are too low. Top two tackles last year got 4 year 60+ million deals. Conklin is getting morw than 4 for 48. ILB market really could go anywhere but I think Schobert will get similar deal to martinez. I gotta watch some film on Akeem.

10 hours ago, Kenrik said:

Love the draft. I think you're free agent signings are too low. Top two tackles last year got 4 year 60+ million deals. Conklin is getting morw than 4 for 48. ILB market really could go anywhere but I think Schobert will get similar deal to martinez. I gotta watch some film on Akeem.

Agreed, but he also used AAV instead of cap hit for his projections, so the first year might be right from a spend perspective. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

A first round DT and a second ILB with a pulse is a step in the right direction. 

Blacklock appears to be a penetrating DT as opposed to run stuffer and the ILB is a cover guy at 215#, but yes right direction, just wrong guys IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We don't want a run-stuffing DL. We want an all-around DL.

Have you seen our EDGE pass rush? Pretty damn good now isn't it? Have you seen Kenny wiggle his way in for a sack? I certainly don't mind all-around IDL, but we need run-stuffers who can push the pocket and draw double-teams on passing downs, period.

My issue with Blacklock is that he's a drag down tackler that will take the ball carrier for a ride. I really don't understand how he's shooting up the boards unless he's pegged as the next Gerald McCoy, who IIRC, isn't exactly a run stuffer. Regardless of the Blacklock pick, there's gotta be another guy selected. We have nothing but JAG's and a rookie next to Clark. 

As for the rest of this draft, I won't comment on the FA signings though I understand the logic there. I have to reiterate that Mims isn't the type of prospect we should be targeting and I think a lot of people are overvaluing him when there will be better prospects like Hamler and Hill there despite anyone signed in FA. I love who you've selected in the 3rd as well as the 5th(good developmental prospect).

12 minutes ago, Joe said:

Have you seen our EDGE pass rush? Pretty damn good now isn't it? Have you seen Kenny wiggle his way in for a sack? I certainly don't mind all-around IDL, but we need run-stuffers who can push the pocket and draw double-teams on passing downs, period.

My issue with Blacklock is that he's a drag down tackler that will take the ball carrier for a ride. I really don't understand how he's shooting up the boards unless he's pegged as the next Gerald McCoy, who IIRC, isn't exactly a run stuffer. Regardless of the Blacklock pick, there's gotta be another guy selected. We have nothing but JAG's and a rookie next to Clark. 

As for the rest of this draft, I won't comment on the FA signings though I understand the logic there. I have to reiterate that Mims isn't the type of prospect we should be targeting and I think a lot of people are overvaluing him when there will be better prospects like Hamler and Hill there despite anyone signed in FA. I love who you've selected in the 3rd as well as the 5th(good developmental prospect).

The issue with this is let's say we sign a guy like Mike Pennel. Great. He offers next to nothing as a pass rusher, but is a great run defender. Now the 49ers trot out 22 personnel, forcing Pennel and 2 ILBs out there,  and throw it.

I would much rather have an all around DL. Spend the money (or in this case the 1st rounder)

Edit: If you ALSO want to sign a Mike Pennell, I'm all for it

Edited by JBURGE

20 minutes ago, Joe said:

Funny you brought up McCoy

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/ross-blacklock/t7ydLnDRk4

NFL COMP - Gerald McCoy 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Lol, I know right. I literally thought of that scouting report right after I made that post.

54 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

The issue with this is let's say we sign a guy like Mike Pennel. Great. He offers next to nothing as a pass rusher, but is a great run defender. Now the 49ers trot out 22 personnel, forcing Pennel and 2 ILBs out there,  and throw it.

I would much rather have an all around DL. Spend the money (or in this case the 1st rounder)

Edit: If you ALSO want to sign a Mike Pennell, I'm all for it

So just because Mike Pennell can't rush, that means that other guys can't bring pressure? How about our secondary? It's a lot better than it used to be and if we're drafting(in this case) a coverage ILB in the 3rd, wouldn't that result in a coverage sack or an incompletion? Too many what-if's here TBH. I'm not against a guy who's all-around, let's make that clear, but I'm against someone who can only offer a pass rush.

Again, in the case of Blacklock, he's a drag-down tackler who regularly chases the ball carrier rather than stuffing them at the line. Go watch his Baylor game and his OU game...

Edited by Joe