General off-season discussion/plan thread

N4L

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

I'm just waiting to hear we are in on Amari lol

Honestly. I would not be upset with this. I love Amari coming out of Bama and was really hoping we'd trade up for him. I think he'd be an absolutely perfect fit in Shanny's offense with his quickness and route running skills. I would much rather bring in Amari at a higher price than bring back Sanders at a lower price. But I also realize that there is probably no way we can afford Cooper. 

Just now, Gore Whore 21 said:

Honestly. I would not be upset with this. I love Amari coming out of Bama and was really hoping we'd trade up for him. I think he'd be an absolutely perfect fit in Shanny's offense with his quickness and route running skills. I would much rather bring in Amari at a higher price than bring back Sanders at a lower price. But I also realize that there is probably no way we can afford Cooper. 

Yeah Cooper is probably around 18-20 mil

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Kittle is definitely getting more than 12M per year. He has WR value with all he brings to the table. Don't be surprised if he is in the 16-18M range. 

I absolutely agree. That's why I'm saying getting him for under 15M would be a huge win. He definitely deserves to be paid as much as OBJ or whoever the top paid receiver is right now. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Now, OBJ? Let's get that done!!! 1st and 5th plus 2021 3rd? Does that work? Do we even need to throw in a 2021 3rd after the season he just had? 

I would take Landry over OBJ at this point, less of a headache and is a perfect replacement for Sanders.....probably will require too much in compensation though for either

4 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

I would take Landry over OBJ at this point, less of a headache and is a perfect replacement for Sanders.....probably will require too much in compensation though for either

Eh, let's not get it twisted. OBJ is still substantially better than Landry. More of a headache? Sure. But he strikes me as one of those players that is going to be happy as long as he's on a winning team and may cause trouble when you start losing. I know that's not necessarily a good thing, but we are in a position to keep him happy, and when he's happy he's arguably the most dynamic playmakers in the NFL. 

7 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

NO way. OBJ is much better and gives us an element to this offense that we are lacking. 

I'm fully convinced we get OBJ at this point....Will be feeling this way until the OBJ situation gets situated one way or another LOL.