2020 Free Agency Thread

HTTRDynasty

3 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Heard B Mitch say this on streaming his show- “nfl trades happen because GM’s have developed relationships with each other” It got me wondering with a new inexperienced GM, and all the stank associated with Allen- does that affect our ability to conduct trade business? 

I think our relative lack of assets (1st is untradeable for veteran players, 2nd is already gone) and our position in our rebuild (early, to quite early) probably hinder us more than any of that.

I don’t know that anybody could swing many trades in our position. Everybody wants 1st and especially 2nd round picks in this draft, and we’ve got nothing to offer there — which takes us out of play for the really appealing, younger trade targets. And when you start moving to older guys, it’s really not our window for that yet. 

So though I’m annoyed with them for sitting on the hoard of cap space like a greedy dragon, I can’t blame anyone too much for not swinging any trades at this juncture. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

Big fan of the Fuller move. Give Dunbar, Moreau, and Fuller to become the trio we wanted them to become.

With this DL, I really think there’s a good chance that group will be sufficient at CB if they stay healthy. 

Once we get a FS I think we will be I. Good shape on defense. Could we use an LB upgrade? Yes..... but I’m ok with rolling with what we got honestly. I trust in whatever Del Rio envisions 

13 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Cooper back to Dallas and Diggs to Buffalo. 

I assume Robby Anderson will be out of our price range, but good chance we’ll be able to grab a Devin Funchess or a Breshad Perriman or a Jarius Wright for a “bargain“ price. They’re still out there, believe it or not. Expect them to give us a real “hard-nosed and hungry” veteran presence and “come in and compete” for a starting role. 

I actually like Emmanuel Sanders who can still play and would be a good veteran presence. 

Guys that I’m interested to see where they sign. All would be affordable and value pickups for us

1A. TE Nick Vannett- good two way player from solid organization. 

1B TE Eifert- injury history very concerning but two way guy who also fits system 

2. FB Andy Janovich- we need a fullback that blocks 

3A. LT Derek Williams- we don’t have a LT or. A good RT either lol

3B. T. Newhouse from the Pats. Old but could give us two years 

4. QB A blast from the past- Nate Sudfield we need a backup who with a similar style to fit in our system. 

5. OL. Old man Thomas Davis- experienced professional as a stop gap transition player. Coach on the field with new defense 

23 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Big fan of the Fuller move. Give Dunbar, Moreau, and Fuller to become the trio we wanted them to become.

With this DL, I really think there’s a good chance that group will be sufficient at CB if they stay healthy. 

You spelled MORELAND wrong...

• Like 1

On 3/15/2020 at 10:25 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

Seconded.  

Someone forgot that with the Brandon Scherff franchise tag, so that was strike one.  

Guys, 

I noticed a ton of posts in this thread about our free agent signings, and they add up to more posts than what's in the individual threads.  So we're at strike two.  To keep this topic open, I would like to suggest using this to comment solely about NFL signings and rumors only.  To discuss one of our player signings, create the thread or go to it and discuss it there.  We can't have two places to discuss things.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

BTW - I'll pump the brakes a bit on my criticism of the F.O. 

It appears we offered Cooper more $$ to come here but he accepted less to stay put. Looks like our F.O. is trying but we're too screwed up to sign much of anyone.

if it truly was significant then this organization does truly have a long way to go to change its culture. 

• Like 2

Day 1 summary: Resign Bostic, pay a below average guard money some money to hope he can maybe start, bring back a CB we never should have gotten rid of, go for a home run swing only for the person to settle elsewhere for less. 

• Like 2