2020 Free Agency Thread

HTTRDynasty

Jeremy Fowler from ESPN tweeted that Trufant has been released and is drawing interest from us and Dallas, “among others.” 

Hard to imagine he chooses us over Dallas, as much as I hate to say it — they’re the better team currently, the more highly regarded team currently, and they probably have more of an obvious opening after Byron Jones left. But we do clearly have the better DL and the better defensive coaching braintrust, so perhaps that will work in our favor?

I’d like to get him if we could. You can never have too many capable CBs, especially when Quinton Dunbar and Fabian Moreau are the presumptive starters at the position. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Jeremy Fowler from ESPN tweeted that Trufant has been released and is drawing interest from us and Dallas, “among others.” 

Hard to imagine he chooses us over Dallas, as much as I hate to say it — they’re the better team currently, the more highly regarded team currently, and they probably have more of an obvious opening after Byron Jones left. But we do clearly have the better DL and the better defensive coaching braintrust, so perhaps that will work in our favor?

I’d like to get him if we could. You can never have too many capable CBs, especially when Quinton Dunbar and Fabian Moreau are the presumptive starters at the position. 

I really don't want to see Trufant on the Cowboys,

In other news Keim says we're one of 3 teams interested in Delanie Walker,depending on the price I'd like him on a 1 year deal when healthy he's good and would be a good TE to have in the room with whoever we draft.

• Like 1

Free Agency is telling me Rivera thinks Very Highly of the guys already on the roster or Player's aren't too happy about signing here. 

We were 3-13, while alot had to do with the Coaching Adding quality Talent would've help going forward. I'm just not seeing that being done right now. Wish I really knew why.

Reports said they were willing to give Cooper 100 million plus, so what are you gonna do with that money now? Just hold onto it? They have signed 1 quality player in Fuller. That's not gonna improve the 3-13 record that much. 

Just now, Skins212689 said:

Free Agency is telling me Rivera thinks Very Highly of the guys already on the roster or Player's aren't too happy about signing here. 

We were 3-13, while alot had to do with the Coaching Adding quality Talent would've help going forward. I'm just not seeing that being done right now. Wish I really knew why.

Reports said they were willing to give Cooper 100 million plus, so what are you gonna do with that money now? Just hold onto it? They have signed 1 quality player in Fuller. That's not gonna improve the 3-13 record that much. 

I think it's both. I'll also add that I think Rivera sees this year as an evaluation year of the young talent already on this team. If he's not impressed with the young talent he's inheriting then, next offseason you could see us sign a few big time free agents on both sides of the ball.

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I think it's both. I'll also add that I think Rivera sees this year as an evaluation year of the young talent already on this team. If he's not impressed with the young talent he's inheriting then, next offseason you could see us sign a few big time free agents on both sides of the ball.

Guess I'll just look forward to drafting in the top 5 again in next year's draft with that approach. This could be what Rivera is doing, evaluating the TALENT already here but that's definitely not what I got from him in his Press Conference. 

Him being the 1st coach hired giving him more time to watch the TALENT on this team, I'd think he saw the roster wasn't just a 100 million WR away from improving. I know You @turtle28 will find anyway possible to make it seem like their headed in the Right Direction, I just can't say/see that at this point. 

Edited by Skins212689

7 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Guess I'll just look forward to drafting in the top 5 again in next year's draft with that approach. This could be what Rivera is doing, evaluating the TALENT already here but that's definitely not what I got from him in his Press Conference. 

Him being the 1st coach hired giving him more time to watch the TALENT on this team, I'd think he saw the roster wasn't just a 100 million WR away from improving. I know You @turtle28 will find anyway possible to make it seem like their headed in the Right Direction, I just can't say/see that at this point. 

I've been saying all offseason that I think we’ll be drafting in the top 10 again unless Haskins takes a major jump forward, which is possible.

It's Rivera’s first year. I actually have respect for a coach who was given final say who hasn't gone out and overpaid in his first season ever with total control trying to win the offseason. 

We get Chase Young, add him to a talented front 4. We have a few vets at LB to help the young LBs develop, we bring back Kendall Fuller and add good FS in Sean Davis to pair with Landon Collins.

We’re still looking for for an upgrade at TE though.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

I've been saying all offseason that I think we’ll be drafting in the top 10 again unless Haskins takes a major jump forward, which is possible.

It's Rivera’s first year. I actually have respect for a coach who was given final say who hasn't gone out and overpaid in his first season ever with total control trying to win the offseason. 

We get Chase Young, add him to a talented front 4. We have a few vets at LB to help the young LBs develop, we bring back Kendall Fuller and add good FS in Sean Davis to pair with Landon Collins.

We’re still looking for for an upgrade at TE though.

You can't ask Haskins to grow if your not giving him better pieces to grow with. 

2 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

You can't ask Haskins to grow if your not giving him better pieces to grow with. 

I don't see what's wrong with Terry, Steven Sims & Kelvin Harmon plus a rookie we’d hopefully draft.

Haskins showed growth the final 4 or 5 games he played with those WRs did he not?

TE is a concern, they need to add a vet there to help and draft a young TE to develop.