2020 Free Agency Thread

HTTRDynasty

10 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I know that numbers are just a thing, but for him never to pass 10 sacks in a season with all of that physical potential just baffles me.  Sure, people say he's good against the run, but that's not what he was drafted for.  Role playing guys stop the run.  If Bryce Harper couldn't hit but played great defense, you still consider him a bust as #1 overall pick.  I'm at that point with Clowney.  He needs to go somewhere on a one year prove it deal to get some value back, because he's not getting the contract he wants this year.  

Are People gonna say these same things if Chase Young turns out to be the samething? Clowney was doubled team often, same will come Chase Youngs way.  

2 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Are People gonna say these same things if Chase Young turns out to be the samething? Clowney was doubled team often, same will come Chase Youngs way.  

I'd be interested to see how many times he was double-teamed before last year instead of that attention going toward JJ Watt.  Clowney's time in Houston was frustratingly disappointing.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I'd be interested to see how many times he was double-teamed before last year instead of that attention going toward JJ Watt.  Clowney's time in Houston was frustratingly disappointing.  

So will you be disappointed if Chase does the samething? 

6 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

If his career pans out to be similar to Clowney, then yes, I would consider that to be a bust at #2.  

Bosa had 9 sacks his rookie year, Clowney has only surpassed that once while getting 9 sacks back to back seasons 2017 and 2018. Young better get double digits sacks out the gate or tie Bosa's 9 the way People are Hyping him up. 

Edited by Skins212689

18 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Not sure about double-teams, but he ranked 2nd in Pass Rush Win Rate in 2018.

Top 10 DE/OLB Pass Rush Win Rate

RANK PLAYER TEAM PASS RUSH
WIN RATE
1 Robert Quinn Dolphins 40%
2 Jadeveon Clowney Texans 35%
3 Cameron Wake Dolphins 34%
4 DeMarcus Lawrence Cowboys 34%
5 Dee Ford Chiefs 31%
6 Jerry Hughes Bills 30%
7 Myles Garrett Browns 30%
8 Stephon Tuitt Steelers 30%
9 Michael Bennett Eagles 30%
10 Takkarist McKinley Falcons 30%
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Bosa had 9 sacks his rookie year, Clowney has only surpassed that once while getting 9 sacks back to back seasons 2017 and 2018. Young better get double digits sacks out the gate or tie Bosa's 9 the way People are Hyping him up. 

Young will break Jevon Kearse's 1999 14.5 sacks rookie record.

• Like 1

Washington Redskins

The Redskins have a new coach in Ron Rivera, but it’s not entirely clear what their new direction is going to be. There has been no push in free agency to arm second-year quarterback Dwayne Haskins with weaponry, for instance. With Washington acquiring quarterback Kyle Allen from Carolina for a fifth-round pick, Haskins might not even be best prepared to start for the team in the fall, given that Allen already knows the offense after starting under Rivera and offensive coordinator Scott Turner in Carolina last season.

“I don’t know why they had to give a fifth for Kyle Allen and then you give away a starting corner (Quinton Dunbar) to Seattle for a fifth,” an exec said. “Maybe the corner wanted a new deal, but at some point you should be able to sell guys on your culture and vision, although that is harder this offseason.”

The Redskins still own the rights to Trent Williams, the tackle who held out last season and sharply criticized longtime team president Bruce Allen, who was fired after the season as Rivera took over the organization. That led another exec to ask whether the team’s stance toward Williams had changed in Allen’s absence.

“Maybe the market was greater a year ago,” this exec said.

Cornerback/safety Kendall Fuller, formerly of Kansas City, is the highest-priced free agent Washington has signed so far. Ronald Darby was another addition at cornerback. Thomas Davis, 37, signed for $3.5 million a year in a move that seemed to signal as much as anything what Rivera might be thinking.

“I think they have determined the building was so toxic they just need good guys and a culture and atmosphere, and that may be the case, but it’s not like you look at the NFC East and see a division of world beaters,” an exec said. “That is what happens when you give a coach full control. You are going to get what they see.”

Edited by HTTRDynasty
  • Like 1

Honestly, I hope Clowney doesn’t sign until the draft. If we DO get a great trade-down offer, it would be a great pivot to sign him to play LE. Clowney, Sweat, and Kerrigan would still be a great trio of edge players. 

I would worry about their ability to get home for sacks, simply because Clowney has had issues finishing and Sweat seemed to have similar issues as well. But not many teams can match that size, length, and athleticism on the edge. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

Bosa had 9 sacks his rookie year, Clowney has only surpassed that once while getting 9 sacks back to back seasons 2017 and 2018. Young better get double digits out the gate the way People are Hyping him up. 

Its going to be a 4-5 year process to watch his development, especially if the off-season programs (OTAs, mini-camps and maybe parts of training camp) are disrupted due to Covid-19.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Its going to be a 4-5 year process to watch his development, especially if the off-season programs (OTAs, mini-camps and maybe parts of training camp) are disrupted due to Covid-19.  

A can't miss player doesn't need 4-5 years. Sean Taylor the greatest missed practices, left the Rookie Seminar or whatever it was (Cooley Knows), ect but once he hit the field GREATNESS SHOWED IN HIS 1ST PRESEASON GAME. 

As said the way people are talking about Chase Young he better have Game Changing abilites like a Sean Taylor. I'm not trading Sean Taylor for any amount of picks. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

A can't miss player doesn't need 4-5 years. Sean Taylor the greatest missed practices, left the Rookie Seminar or whatever it was (Cooley Knows), ect but once he hit the field GREATNESS SHOWED IN HIS 1ST PRESEASON GAME. 

As said the way people are talking about Chase Young he better have Game Changing abilites like a Sean Taylor. I'm not trading Sean Taylor for any amount of picks. 

I don't think lack of off season will hurt Young,He really impressed me at Combine without during any drills cause you saw him going over moves with guys like Espensa between drill.To me that shows even though he has all the physical tools he loves the game and wants to keep improving.

• Like 1