2020 Free Agency Thread

HTTRDynasty

I was just wondering because it’s never really been mentioned. But what if Dwayne just actually balls out? Like what if this guys growth is substantial and this guy comes out and flicks the switch? If this guy comes out without me sounding optimistic but I believe it’s very possible this guy plays mistake free football and we have healthy backs and solid young WR’s who can grow with his play I think there’s a very real chance we can make a jump. And this FA class there’s no Bowen Cofield just Allen signings. Let’s see where this roster is with this staff before we jump off the cliff every low key add we make

• Like 2

7 hours ago, taylor made said:

Sean Davis made the NFL 2016 All Rookie Team. To keep repeating he sucks is annoying and wrong. He's about an average player.

So 4 years ago he made an all-rookie team and has basically done nothing since. This makes him average how? 

2 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I was just wondering because it’s never really been mentioned. But what if Dwayne just actually balls out? Like what if this guys growth is substantial and this guy comes out and flicks the switch? If this guy comes out without me sounding optimistic but I believe it’s very possible this guy plays mistake free football and we have healthy backs and solid young WR’s who can grow with his play I think there’s a very real chance we can make a jump. And this FA class there’s no Bowen Cofield just Allen signings. Let’s see where this roster is with this staff before we jump off the cliff every low key add we make

I think almost all of us wants to see Haskins ball out,The problem for many of us is they've done nothing to give him the weapons to help him at moment,for him to Ball out he need a hand full of other young players to take the next step and Scary Terry not to have sophomore slump.

• Like 2

Sean Davis has played 4 years in the NFL. In 2016 he made the All-Rookie team as @taylormade pointed out - which I didn’t realize. In 2017 Sean Davis was inconsistent but still flashed some, in 2018 he seemed to put it all together and had a good year as even 43Mafia from the Steelers Forum points out - and most people don’t know him in this forum but he’s a lot like Thai/Woz/Lavar/MKnight/MikeT etc, he’s usually not very optimistic even about the Steelers who as Redskins fans we could only dream to be as consistent as them - and in 2019 he hurt his shoulder and was out for the year which is the entire reason the Steelers traded their first for Mika Fitzpatrick.

That’s just for those who literally know nothing about him but claim he sucks but honestly haven’t seen him play know. I’m not going to sit ideally by and continually let a poster wrongfully talk about a player who’s come a long way since he first came into the league, and even as someone who liked him in college and since he came into the pros will admit that Sean Davis isn’t a great player, he’s not a pro bowl level but he’s an upgrade over Nicholson in every way and Sean Davis still has potential he hasn’t reached yet either. 

Taylor Made Saying he’s currently average is a pretty accurate take and may even be selling Davis short.

And before you all go and say well this is just Turtle’s rosey spin, I’m not defending any other free agent signing like I am this one, so that should tell you something. There is no analysis coming from his detractors bc they know nothing about him. And, there is a gross mischaracterization of him as a player going on by just one poster in this forum and that says a lot. 

Sean Davis’ signing is a Swearinger potential level signing at safety w/o all the baggage that Swearinger brought.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

I think almost all of us wants to see Haskins ball out,The problem for many of us is they've done nothing to give him the weapons to help him at moment,for him to Ball out he need a hand full of other young players to take the next step and Scary Terry not to have sophomore slump.

True, but as @ripsean21 pointed out, it’s possible that Guice finally stays healthy, Bryce Love emerges as a home run hitter/change of pace back and Steven Sims/Harmon continue their play from the second half of last year. We just don’t know, we may already have those weapons and we may add another mid round stud WR in the draft too and a good TE. We’ll find out.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

True, but as @ripsean21 pointed out, it’s possible that Guice finally stays healthy, Bryce Love emerges as a home run hitter/change of pace back and Steven Sims/Harmon continue their play from the second half of last year. We just don’t know, we may already have those weapons and we may add another mid round stud WR in the draft too and a good TE. We’ll find out.

It’s not like the Ravens went crazy adding players on offense last offseason. Lamar grew. As did the offense. We can do that without a blockbuster addition it’s called player progression and growth. Yes as a team you’d love to add weapons. 100 plus million dollar offer to a WR says we wanted to add. But I believe they think he can jump and if he does it isn’t about the players around him it’s his growth.

• Like 1

I'd be very shocked if Logan Ryan or Xavier Rhodes sign here. The guy out of the corners who actually us open to signing here is Breeland. If we sign anyone, it'll be him, and I'm not even sure they'll do that. I think the front office and coaching staff are in develop and evaluate mode. 

To me that means we're going to be seeing a competition of Moreland, Moreau, Stroman, Danny Johnson and a draft pick to be one of the top corners on the team along with Fuller.

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I'd be very shocked if Logan Ryan or Xavier Rhodes sign here. The guy out of the corners who actually us open to signing here is Breeland. If we sign anyone, it'll be him, and I'm not even sure they'll do that. I think the front office and coaching staff are in develop and evaluate mode. 

To me that means we're going to be seeing a competition of Moreland, Moreau, Stroman, Danny Johnson and a draft pick to be one of the top corners on the team along with Fuller.

Going that route you don't have any #1 starting CB's. Moreland, Stroman, and Johnson competing for the slot position. While Fuller and Moreau at best as your #2 CB's. Adding Young helps the CB's because of the pressure that should be applied on the QB, but to say you have a Good/Great selection of CB's would be false. 

Yet your not adding a Logan or Breeland who have proven to be good #2 CB's long-term (3-4 years) makes no sense to me. Plus you let a good/great #2 CB in Dunbar get away for just a 5th round pick. I don't understand the route your taking here Front Office other than tanking or rebuilding. 

42 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

It’s not like the Ravens went crazy adding players on offense last offseason. Lamar grew. As did the offense. We can do that without a blockbuster addition it’s called player progression and growth. Yes as a team you’d love to add weapons. 100 plus million dollar offer to a WR says we wanted to add. But I believe they think he can jump and if he does it isn’t about the players around him it’s his growth.

Adding a 1st round WR, a Vet RB, and additional pieces to the Defense help Lamar and the Ravens alot. 

The Skins have done nothing of that sought for Haskins! 

9 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Going that route you don't have any #1 starting CB's. Moreland, Stroman, and Johnson competing for the slot position. While Fuller and Moreau at best as your #2 CB's. Adding Young helps the CB's because of the pressure that should be applied on the QB, but to say you have a Good/Great selection of CB's would be false. 

Yet your not adding a Logan or Breeland who have proven to be good #2 CB's long-term (3-4 years) makes no sense to me. Plus you let a good/great #2 CB in Dunbar get away for just a 5th round pick. I don't understand the route your taking here Front Office other than tanking or rebuilding. 

There was a time when Dunbar was an unknown corner in 2018 when we decided to let Breeland walk and traded away Fuller for Alex Smith.

We just don't know if Moreland or Moreau will take a step next year and be a much better corner, they both flashed a little last year as did Stroman as a rookie in 2018. Actually, Moreau has flashed the last two years but needs to become more consistent. Last year Stroman was hurt and out for the year.

I don't think Logan Ryan & Rhodes are going to come here bc they're going to want to be on playoff teams.

It is what it is, we’re going to have to learn to live with it and as I said in the Corey Lattimer thread, it's going to be a bumpy year and we're going to have to find small victories in our young players improving and be happy about that and what it could mean for our future.

I've already shifted to that mode.

Edited by turtle28

8 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I don't know why we care so much about Sean Davis.  He is only here for one season.  If he balls out, he will probably move on to the highest bidder.

I only care bc someone keeps saying he sucks when it's not true. 

I hope if he plays good we re-sign him.

11 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Adding a 1st round WR, a Vet RB, and additional pieces to the Defense help Lamar and the Ravens alot. 

The Skins have done nothing of that sought for Haskins! 

We will probably add the best defensive player in the draft next month. We already have our own versions of Mark Ingram in Peterson & if Guice stays healthy.

We already have a better young WR in Terry then what Hollywood Brown was and we have Steven Sims & Kelvin Harmon too. Our WRs are better then the Ravens w/o us even drafting a WR in the draft.

We have a question mark at TE - which we all know Lamar never had - and we will need to replace Trent if he's traded.

On defense, the only question we’ll really have if we draft Chase Young is at corner opposite Fuller but I'm pretty confident that Moreau can at least be serviceable and that Moreland and Stroman will improve as well.

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

There was a time when Dunbar was an unknown corner in 2018 when we decided to let Breeland walk and traded away Fuller for Alex Smith.

We just don't know if Moreland or Moreau will take a step next year and be a much better corner, they both flashed a little last year as did Stroman as a rookie in 2018. Actually, Moreau has flashed the last two years but needs to become more consistent. Last year Stroman was hurt and out for the year.

I don't think Logan Ryan & Rhodes are going to come here bc they're going to want to be on playoff teams.

It is what it is, we’re going to have to learn to live with it and as I said in the Corey Lattimer thread, it's going to be a bumpy year and we're going to have to find small victories in our young players improving and be happy about that and what it could mean for our future.

I've already shifted to that mode.

That time when Dunbar was a unknown isn't now. So while you live with any and every decision that seems to come out of Redskins Park other's aren't as accepting as you. 

Plain and Simple what Rivera said in his Press Conference compared to offseason actions are 2 different thing's. 

I'm cool with tanking and the Culture Change but just let the fans know to a degree that's the route your taking. Plua don't put the end of the season record all on Haskins if the HC didn't give the Team the Best Options to Win games. 

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

We will probably add the best defensive player in the draft next month. We already have our own versions of Mark Ingram in Peterson & if Guice stays healthy.

We already have a better young WR in Terry then what Hollywood Brown was and we have Steven Sims & Kelvin Harmon too. Our WRs are better then the Ravens w/o us even drafting a WR in the draft.

We have a question mark at TE - which we all know Lamar never had - and we will need to replace Trent if he's traded.

On defense, the only question we’ll really have if we draft Chase Young is at corner opposite Fuller but I'm pretty confident that Moreau can at least be serviceable and that Moreland and Stroman will improve as well.

Dude they were 3-13 with those same players last season! In 1 offseason I don't see those same players coming to be Pro Bowl or All Pro Players. So stop with the talk about the team improving yet they added no additional Improved Pieces.