2020 Free Agency Thread

HTTRDynasty

8 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Somehow we managed to get worse from free agency lol. I guess we’re all in on Trevor Lawrence. 

We got worse? Huh? How? 

We improved our LBs w/ the addition of Thomas Davis, we improved our safety play w/ Sean Davis over Nicholson, we improved our TE depth and CB is a wash IMO Fuller at worst = Dunny and free agency isn’t over yet either.

Our D will also be a heck of a lot better when we draft Chase Young. If we draft him & w/ our other additions including better coaching on that side of the ball, I’ll be shocked if we’re not top half of the league next year on D.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

Just now, turtle28 said:

We got worse? Huh? How? 

We improved our LBs w/ the addition of Thomas Davis, we improved our safety play w/ Sean Davis over Nicholson, we improved our TE depth and CB is a wash IMO Fuller at worst = Dunny and free agency isn’t over yet either.

Sean Davis sucks. The Steelers used a first round pick to replace him. Fuller doesn’t equal Dunny because Dunbar is a better corner. So the only real improvement we’ve made to our roster is signing a 37-year old linebacker lol

7 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Sean Davis sucks. The Steelers used a first round pick to replace him. Fuller doesn’t equal Dunny because Dunbar is a better corner. So the only real improvement we’ve made to our roster is signing a 37-year old linebacker lol

That BS. Go watch Davis’ play in 2018 before he got hurt. You’re such a negative Nancy!

43 said that in that thread that he played well in 2018 finally after being inconsistent for his first two years and last year he was hurt.

Dunny isn’t better then Fuller, they’re different players. Dunny is better on the outside, Fuller has been elite in the slot. 

That 37 year OLB is a borderline hall of fame player, a great leader and would have  led our team in tackles last year. 

Also, our D will also be a heck of a lot better when we draft Chase Young. If we draft him & w/ our other additions including better coaching on that side of the ball, I’ll be shocked if we’re not top half of the league next year on D.

I guess we’ll see what happens.

On offense, I expect big jumps from our young talent like we got the second half of last year and if Guice can stay healthy for once that will add a big time game changer to our backfield.

Also, while they’re not elite players, Richard Rogers/Logan Thomas > Sprinkle/Henteges at TE.

The only place where it’s arguable we haven’t at least held serve is at LG but I think it’s debatable we’ve held serve there with Martin or Schweitzer being about equal to Flowers.

Edited by turtle28

How in the world is Logan Thomas better than Sprinkle? And Richard Rodgers hasn’t played meaningful football in two freakin years. We literally had steeler fans in here telling us Davis sucks and you’re arguing that lol.

Thomas Davis is a stud but adding him to this team is absurd. We’re terrible and will be terrible again. How does signing a 37-year old make any sense whatsoever? The Barber signing is stupid and McKissick can’t hold CT25’s jock strap. With the exception of Fuller, they could’ve just not signed anyone and it would’ve had the same impact. 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

How in the world is Logan Thomas better than Sprinkle? And Richard Rodgers hasn’t played meaningful football in two freakin years. We literally had steeler fans in here telling us Davis sucks and you’re arguing that lol.

Thomas Davis is a stud but adding him to this team is absurd. We’re terrible and will be terrible again. How does signing a 37-year old make any sense whatsoever? The Barber signing is stupid and McKissick can’t hold CT25’s jock strap. With the exception of Fuller, they could’ve just not signed anyone and it would’ve had the same impact. 

Wait what? 

Why do you even visit the forum currently? All you do is just come in here in throw fire into every thread and complain, complain complain. It just make no sense.

43 didn’t say that! You misinterpreted his post. Go back and read it again.

And for the record I said the combination of Rogers & Thomas is better then the combination of Sprinkle & Henteges! 

I hope Sprinkle steps up, but he probably dropped more passes last year then Rogers & Thomas had in their entire careers.

Your anger is clouding your judgement.

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Wait what? 

Why do you even visit the forum currently? All you do is just come in here in throw fire into every thread and complain, complain complain. It just make no sense.

43 didn’t say that! You misinterpreted his post. Go back and read it again.

And for the record I said the combination of Rogers & Thomas is better then the combination of Sprinkle & Henteges! 

I hope Sprinkle steps up, but he probably dropped more passes last year then Rogers & Thomas had in their entire careers.

Your anger is clouding your judgement.

Is this going to be another real fan thing that goes on? Ya know like when I said the Alex Smith trade was terrible and then the Alex Smith psychos tried to claim I wasn’t a real fan and should find somewhere else to talk football lol. 

54 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Is this going to be another real fan thing that goes on? Ya know like when I said the Alex Smith trade was terrible and then the Alex Smith psychos tried to claim I wasn’t a real fan and should find somewhere else to talk football lol. 

I think I was lumped in together with you as not a real fan because we trashed that trade.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Somehow we managed to get worse from free agency lol. I guess we’re all in on Trevor Lawrence. 

I can understand the feeling- we have signed a bunch of depth guys and gotten rid of some names people know. We’ll find out soon. 

Are you seeing our record being worse This season than last year- because we replaced  those name players with no names? 

Edited by Doc Draper

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I don't think we got worse, but it would be fair to say that we haven't made any significant improvement and the majority of the moves are short term.  It isn't over yet though.  I hope we use this cap space to secure our own long term.  Give Scherff a long term deal.  Extend a couple guys.  

I also assume we are still signing a CB.  Breeland, Rhodes, Ryan would all be equal to dunbar in skill.  We will just pay more than what Dunbar would have cost.  I sure hope we don't sign one on a short term deal though.  That will piss me off.  Make a commitment longer than a year for god sakes. 

• Like 1

I am befuddled at the ire towards Ron Rivera and Co. He is taking over a complete gong show of an organization. One riddled with overpaid, oft-injured and malcontent players. The expectation to re-sign ANY player (who mind you contributed to the 3-13 record) to a big free agent deal or sign free agents who are looking to cash in is completely misguided.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

I am befuddled at the ire towards Ron Rivera and Co. He is taking over a complete gong show of an organization. One riddled with overpaid, oft-injured and malcontent players. The expectation to re-sign ANY player (who mind you contributed to the 3-13 record) to a big free agent deal or sign free agents who are looking to cash in is completely misguided.

513be4dbaeb5472f367ab69f42be3460.gif

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

We got worse? Huh? How? 

Our D will also be a heck of a lot better when we draft Chase Young. If we draft him & w/ our other additions including better coaching on that side of the ball, I’ll be shocked if we’re not top half of the league next year on D.

History says that won't happen with teams changing defensive systems.  At the very least, I just want to be middle of the pack as far as third down percentage goes.  

2 hours ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

If the gong show organization and problem bad players then shouldn't we be doing our best to recruit new talent and improve the team long term?  Most of these players will just have to be resigned or replaced next off season.  Are we going to carry over our cap space to next year or are we just waiting for the free agency left overs?  Is he really just burn an nfl season evaluating what we have ?  The off season so far just leaves a lot of question marks.   

6 hours ago, offbyone said:

If the gong show organization and problem bad players then shouldn't we be doing our best to recruit new talent and improve the team long term?  Most of these players will just have to be resigned or replaced next off season.  Are we going to carry over our cap space to next year or are we just waiting for the free agency left overs?  Is he really just burn an nfl season evaluating what we have ?  The off season so far just leaves a lot of question marks.   

He was supposedly evaluating the Talent on the team those last 4 weeks of the season. Those are words out of Rivera's own mouth in his introduction press conference. So that's why I'm confused and would be upset if he really is gonna need a Full Season to see what Talent we have and don't. 

Talent like Bradberry and Boston could've been added and wouldn't have been wasted here. You replace Dunbar and you now have a FS to play the ball while Collins worries more about the run at SS. Also adding Chase Young with those guys only makes our Strength of Defense even Stronger.