2020 Free Agency Thread

HTTRDynasty

20 hours ago, offbyone said:

Seems like a spin job to me.  RR reached out to TW pretty early in the process.  The only reason we aren't working with him on a contract is TW wants 20millionish a year.

Dunbar is a different situation.  I just think it was mishandled.  

How has Dunbar been mishandled? The guy has one year left on his current contract and he's missed almost half of the games he’s started on this current contract. The dude needs to earn a pay raise, and he hasn'tyet. I don't see another team automatically giving him a new contract either w/o him earning it first. Like Trent, Dunny’s camp is totally  overshooting his value.

7 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Didn’t we have that giant xfl right end here, I don’t recall seeing him play. Is he better than Logan Thomas? 

Donald Paraham? Yes we had him and it's hard to tell if he's better then any TE we currently have on our roster. He wasn't good enough to make an active NFL roster last year. The competition in the XFL is mostly practice squad level players or worse. Parham playing well in the XFL is basically equivalent to him playing awesome in the 4th preseason game when most of the guys he's playing against aren't going go make an NFL roster.

That being said, I do wish we would give Parham a work out.

Just now, ovfd55 said:

So I'd take Darby at CB,Expect Logan Ryan who would be my 2nd choice of ones still on market.If I could get Xavier Rhodes cheap enough I'd take him on a 1 year prove it deal

Good options, all good options or resigning Breeland. They all have the potential to be better then Dunny anyway; especially Logan Ryan & Xavier Rhodes.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

How has Dunbar been mishandled? The guy has one year left on his current contract and he's missed almost half of the games he’s started on this current contract. The dude needs to earn a pay raise, and he hasn'tyet. I don't see another team automatically giving him a new contract either w/o him earning it first. Like Trent, Dunny’s camp is totally  overshooting his value.

What exactly is Dunbar asking for?  Link please.  I have yet to hear anything from either him, the redskins or his agent.  We just got fleeced.

4 minutes ago, offbyone said:

What exactly is Dunbar asking for?  Link please.  I have yet to hear anything from either him, the redskins or his agent.  We just got fleeced.

I heard on the radio he wanted paid more then $10 m per year. He wanted to be paid 3 times what he's making now. I'll look for it.

It's a complicated trade. He didn't want to be here, he wanted a new deal and he has missed 15 games of the games he’s started in his career. 

It's hard to find value in that player. We are upset bc we know his value when he’s 100% and if he plays every game, but he doesn't or hasn't. We are valuing him in a trade more on his value rather than what he’s been - which is a good/sometimes great but often injured starter.

Edited by turtle28

Just now, turtle28 said:

I heard on the radio he wanted paid more then $10 m per year. He wanted to be paid 3 times what he's making now. I'll look for it.

It's a complicated trade. He didn't want to be here, he wanted a new deal and he has missed 15 games of the games he’s started in his career. 

It's hard to find value in that player. We are upset bc we know his value when he’s 100% and if he plays every game. We are valuing him in a trade more on his value rather than what he’s been - which is a good/sometimes great but often injured starter.

The radio?  That is your source.  Like Chad Dukes or Sheehan or some talk show host?  The radio is speculation.  It is not reporting.  Their job is speculation.  

4 hours ago, offbyone said:

Pretty sure he wants top of the market at. I heard something $14M-$15M from JP Finlay. I would guess he could get $12M now, but could be in for a big payday if he plays well in 2020. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, offbyone said:

The radio?  That is your source.  Like Chad Dukes or Sheehan or some talk show host?  The radio is speculation.  It is not reporting.  Their job is speculation.  

Some radio hosts who have been doing it for decades have sources at Redskins park. Kevin Sheehan or Al Galdi, I can't remember which on the Team980

Edited by turtle28

20 minutes ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

Pretty sure he wants top of the market at. I heard something $14M-$15M from JP Finlay. I would guess he could get $12M now, but could be in for a big payday if he plays well in 2020. 

He's not going to get a new contract from Seattle that pays him that much - if ever - until he proves he's worth it. Seattle didn't even re-sign Clowney yet who helped them get to the playoffs last year and made some big plays in the playoff game.

Julie Donaldson reported this morning that Smith won't be playing this year. Not official and kind of off the cuff.

But that's another $12M in cap space savings that will be given to the Skins this year or split over the next two years.

Ultimately will push Skins to 2nd or 3rd most cap space in the NFL.

Question is, how the hell are they gonna spend it?

Clowney reported to want $18 to $20M. :ph34r:

21 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Julie Donaldson reported this morning that Smith won't be playing this year. Not official and kind of off the cuff.

But that's another $12M in cap space savings that will be given to the Skins this year or split over the next two years.

Ultimately will push Skins to 2nd or 3rd most cap space in the NFL.

Question is, how the hell are they gonna spend it?

Clowney reported to want $18 to $20M. :ph34r:

So you want Young, Clowney, Kerrigan, Sweat?

16 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

So you want Young, Clowney, Kerrigan, Sweat?

I think is looking very much looking like a strip down and rebuild. Lots of depth signings, releasing those that don't want to be here. Tons of cap space left.

I'd like to see a big trade back... net a OT, WR, OLB/DE, TE... in the first 4 to 5 picks. But the trade back has to be offered. If so, I'm in. 

If the big trade back isn't presented, I'm okay with selecting Young too. 

I'd like to see the Skins use some of this cap space to re-sign some of our own. 

Clowney would be a nice piece, especially if we trade back. But not at $18 to $20M.