2020 Free Agency Thread

HTTRDynasty

6 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

I'd like to see the Skins use some of this cap space to re-sign some of our own. 

At this point, with the money we have left, I see no reason not to front load the heck out of Scherff's extension and move on. 

• Like 4

Interestingly, I just went on the website for Trent Williams’s agent, Vincent Taylor — as I wanted to mock him even further for his moronic “press release” advising the world that Trent didn’t want to play for the Redskins anymore. 

Concerningly, while his talent agency doesn’t represent many players — pretty obvious from how poorly he’s managed this Trent thing from the jump — they do represent Jason Peters and Delanie Walker, who are two of the ancient guys I’d like to see the Redskins nab in hopes that they could give one more year. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

Interestingly, I just went on the website for Trent Williams’s agent, Vincent Taylor — as I wanted to mock him even further for his moronic “press release” advising the world that Trent didn’t want to play for the Redskins anymore. 

Concerningly, while his talent agency doesn’t represent many players — pretty obvious from how poorly he’s managed this Trent thing from the jump — they do represent Jason Peters and Delanie Walker, who are two of the ancient guys I’d like to see the Redskins nab in hopes that they could give one more year. 

Was this a recent press release @e16bball?

NVM: just saw it. His agent is a moron

3 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Julie Donaldson reported this morning that Smith won't be playing this year. Not official and kind of off the cuff.

But that's another $12M in cap space savings that will be given to the Skins this year or split over the next two years.

Ultimately will push Skins to 2nd or 3rd most cap space in the NFL.

Question is, how the hell are they gonna spend it?

Clowney reported to want $18 to $20M. :ph34r:

I was just going to come in and say this. My guess is they’ll save most of it for next year. It just seems to me that this year is going to be an evaluation year of the young roster for Rivera.

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

I'd rather go young if possible and I think Jason Peters will only come here as a last resort but I just don't see it. He's going to want to be on a playoff contending team, same with Walker IMO but that's a different case given his inquiry history the last two years. I think it's likely Peters will end up in Tampa and try to win a super bowl with Tom Brady.

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I was just going to come in and say this. My guess is they’ll save most of it for next year. It just seems to me that this year is going to be an evaluation year of the young roster for Rivera.

I mean at this rate, it's gonna have to be

Just now, turtle28 said:

Yes, Trent’s agent leaked it to Schefter and blamed the team for not agreeing to trade Trent. Vincent Taylor says the team has turned down offers that they have gotten for Trent.

Yeah. I saw it. We, reportedly, aren't getting the offers we could because of the contract demands. I'd turn them down too.

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

I mean at this rate, it's gonna have to be

Well, not really. There are a lot of second level free agents they could sign and we've all talked about them the last few days. There are some good corners, WRs & OTs still available who would help us a lot. I'm torn on it though which I think people have been able to tell. I want a few more reliable vets but at the same time I do want to see the young guys just get their shot to start all year like Harmon - or a rookie WR we’d draft & Morelnd/Moreau @ corner.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Well, not really. There are a lot of second level free agents they could sign and we've all talked about them the last few days. There are some good corners, WRs & OTs still available who would help us a lot. I'm torn on it though which I think people have been able to tell. I want a few more reliable vets but at the same time I do want to see the young guys just get their shot to start all year like Harmon - or a rookie WR we’d draft & Morelnd/Moreau @ corner.

Yes. But at this particular point (I'm assuming at this point we've frozen everything in place), it will have to be. If we sign some more people at a later point in FA, then my sentiment will change.

• Like 1