already a train wreck?

LoganF89

with the news that dunbar wants to be traded has me thinking screw it. I know Rivera said this isnt a rebuild but honestly if players dont want to be here then trade em, I want guys who want to play for the skins and be a team player. enough of these players acting like agents, and honestly if it wasnt for washington giving dunbar a chance to play corner when we had all these injuries in camp he wouldnt even be in the league right now......... yet he wants a trade.  on top of not having  healthy seasons

Im at the point where I just want to say screw it.....

trade kerrigan for a 3rd

trade trent for a late 1st or 2nd

sign and trade scherrf for a late 1st or second

trade reed for anything

cut norman

Honestly get the whole old regime of guys out and bring in young hungry players and change the culture. 

if we get a kings ransom for the #2 from the dolphins then trade it.

Im over it..........

sorry for the rant!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

One player, in a contract year, demands a trade and we're in train wreck status? I'm not even this pessimistic. 

honestly though hes one of the last ones I would of expected to do something like that. Hes acting like hes a superstar..... how many probowls does he have? 0, how many full seasons has he started and finished? 0, If it wasnt for the skins giving him a shot at a position change then he wouldn't even be in the league right now. If you want an extension then call Coach himself and talk to him, Rivera hasnt even done evaluations yet. Its a new regime and hes trying to make himself the most important priority. get over yourself dunny. I want him back but I mean come on! another disturbance! really! Look at his car wrap on instagram, its in skins colors, really didnt think i would see this from him.

If it wasnt for the PFF stuff you see everywhere he wouldnt be asking for one, thinks hes better than what he is

2 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

honestly though hes one of the last ones I would of expected to do something like that. Hes acting like hes a superstar..... how many probowls does he have? 0, how many full seasons has he started and finished? 0, If it wasnt for the skins giving him a shot at a position change then he wouldn't even be in the league right now. If you want an extension then call Coach himself and talk to him, Rivera hasnt even done evaluations yet. Its a new regime and hes trying to make himself the most important priority. get over yourself dunny. I want him back but I mean come on! another disturbance! really! Look at his car wrap on instagram, its in skins colors, really didnt think i would see this from him.

If it wasnt for the PFF stuff you see everywhere he wouldnt be asking for one, thinks hes better than what he is

If you sat behind a man making 4 and 5 times what you make who never got it for what he has done here while your out preforming him year after year you might want your due. He gave us a fair deal before. And we gave him a shot. So their even he’s outperformed. But this is the age and his chance to make a real difference for his family. That’s not a train wreck. If Rivera signs off and Smith agrees do it. But over paying for another teams player to replace him doesn’t seem to be the best start into buying into the we take care of our own. But if he doesn’t fit what Ron wants I’ll trust him to give him the benifit of doubt. But I think this might only be the first moves but it could be huge. But would you guys rather have some other teams Norman or would you rather have Breeland and Fuller back? Because before Norman Breeland showed growth and Fuller was our best CB. I Like Dunny. Unless he’s demanding something crazy or Ron knows he can do better cheaper then there’s no way I let this guy go unless it’s not realistic

34 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

If you sat behind a man making 4 and 5 times what you make who never got it for what he has done here while your out preforming him year after year you might want your due. He gave us a fair deal before. And we gave him a shot. So their even he’s outperformed. But this is the age and his chance to make a real difference for his family. That’s not a train wreck. If Rivera signs off and Smith agrees do it. But over paying for another teams player to replace him doesn’t seem to be the best start into buying into the we take care of our own. But if he doesn’t fit what Ron wants I’ll trust him to give him the benifit of doubt. But I think this might only be the first moves but it could be huge. But would you guys rather have some other teams Norman or would you rather have Breeland and Fuller back? Because before Norman Breeland showed growth and Fuller was our best CB. I Like Dunny. Unless he’s demanding something crazy or Ron knows he can do better cheaper then there’s no way I let this guy go unless it’s not realistic

Breeland and Fuller are guys that I always wanted to keep, neither asked for big m,oney though, both were on rookie scales or coming off of it, but i will say if dunny is looking for 10 mil he can walk, he just cant stay healthy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LoganF89 said:

Breeland and Fuller are guys that I always wanted to keep, neither asked for big m,oney though, both were on rookie scales or coming off of it, but i will say if dunny is looking for 10 mil he can walk, he just cant stay healthy

I think 10 11 is fair but you gotta have injury outs or something

I don’t see trainwreck.

But I do think it’s possible that we’ve underestimated how much “cleaning house” we can expect here. These players don’t mean anything to the guys who run the program now. There’s no history, no personal stake, no investment in the players on this roster currently. 

They didn’t watch Quinton Dunbar work to transition from valueless WR to starting quality CB. They didn’t see Morgan Moses dragging himself out on the field game after game with two busted wheels. They don’t know how much this offense missed Chris Thompson, and how much it opened up when he was available. They weren’t there when Greek got cut and came back and (arguably) worked himself ahead of two first rounders. They know nothing about all these guys who are on the roster bubble, guys like Sprinkle and Nicholson and PRich and SDH and Everett and so many others. 

We may be expecting more status quo than we’re actually going to get. There may be a lot of significant turnover. 

• Like 4

It has been a train wreck for years.  Rivera is just now starting the cleanup and here come an engine from the back right thru the dam kaboose!!  The phrase that i read is that he demanded to be traded or released.  I did not see anything about having his contract reworked!  Previous administration was asked about an extension but not the new one.

Edited by C-hokie-ole
add on
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, e16bball said:

I don’t see trainwreck.

But I do think it’s possible that we’ve underestimated how much “cleaning house” we can expect here. These players don’t mean anything to the guys who run the program now. There’s no history, no personal stake, no investment in the players on this roster currently. 

They didn’t watch Quinton Dunbar work to transition from valueless WR to starting quality CB. They didn’t see Morgan Moses dragging himself out on the field game after game with two busted wheels. They don’t know how much this offense missed Chris Thompson, and how much it opened up when he was available. They weren’t there when Greek got cut and came back and (arguably) worked himself ahead of two first rounders. They know nothing about all these guys who are on the roster bubble, guys like Sprinkle and Nicholson and PRich and SDH and Everett and so many others. 

We may be expecting more status quo than we’re actually going to get. There may be a lot of significant turnover. 

It’s true that the guys you mention worked their tails off to get significant playing time, but in the end those guys were 3-13, just like the guys we all can’t wait to see go (Reed, Norman etc). Of course they weren’t the only reasons, but like you said Rivera has no investment in them. I see a couple surprises in this offseason also. 

Edited by bigdog44