2010s Horror - Official FF BMET (Nominations Closed)

Deadpulse

3 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

This seems like a good time to mention that I wont bemoan genre classification much at all. Nominations will be added despite some contention as I think it will mostly shake out in the voting phase. However, if there is a large consensus that a flick belongs in a different genre, specifically one of the 8 in this tourney, then I will leave it out of the pool. 

So what is the process for choosing the top 8? Are you just keeping track of how many times people mention each movie? Or should everyone make a ranked list 1-8 to clearly show our 8 nominations?

5 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Still haven't seen A Quiet Place but probably will soon since the second one is coming out

It is my favorite movie released since at least 2000.  Don’t let people tell you it’s crap because it wasn’t scary or other stupid ****.  It is amazing.  

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

So what is the process for choosing the top 8? Are you just keeping track of how many times people mention each movie? Or should everyone make a ranked list 1-8 to clearly show our 8 nominations?

I think I spell it out pretty well in the official thread linked on the OP, if you have questions though feel free to ask. I will take all nominations after the date and time posted in the OP and put them into a poll. The poll will be open for one week and the top vote getter gets put into the bracket for the 2010s. From there I think we will just move backwards to Horror 2000s. 

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

It is my favorite movie released since at least 2000.  Don’t let people tell you it’s crap because it wasn’t scary or other stupid ****.  It is amazing.  

I'll let you know my thoughts when I get to it, like I said I'll be watching it soon

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

I think I spell it out pretty well in the official thread linked on the OP, if you have questions though feel free to ask. I will take all nominations after the date and time posted in the OP and put them into a poll. The poll will be open for one week and the top vote getter gets put into the bracket for the 2010s. From there I think we will just move backwards to Horror 2000s. 

Gotcha, I didn't realize you were going to put all suggestions/nominations into the poll. Makes sense.

3 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

This seems like a good time to mention that I wont bemoan genre classification much at all. Nominations will be added despite some contention as I think it will mostly shake out in the voting phase. However, if there is a large consensus that a flick belongs in a different genre, specifically one of the 8 in this tourney, then I will leave it out of the pool. 

That is fine but your Thriller and Action/Adventure categories are pretty similar and will be hard to separate I feel, and many horror movies could easily be considered a Thriller.  But yes in the end it really should not matter much because a lot of the crap will be taken out quickly.  There are a ton of movies that fall under the category of drama/thriller/action.

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

That is fine but your Thriller and Action/Adventure categories are pretty similar and will be hard to separate I feel, and many horror movies could easily be considered a Thriller.  But yes in the end it really should not matter much because a lot of the crap will be taken out quickly.  There are a ton of movies that fall under the category of drama/thriller/action.

I agree with him when he says the the poll/voting process will help shape that. If the majority of people think that movie X shouldn't be considered horror then they won't vote for it in this round. It's all really about perception like you said so if the majority of people think it belongs in one category or another, that'll be shown.

3 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Do superhero movies go into Action/Adventure or Sci-Fi? If action/adventure, what about GotG? Too many movies fit in multiple boxes, like you said. Its just easier to let things lie on the overall forum opinion. 

I have thought about needing two noms before it goes into the pool for polling, but havent decided for sure. 

On 2/13/2020 at 10:19 AM, Outpost31 said:

giphy.gif

It is crap.  But they can see it for themselves and make up their own mind.  

These guys know what I am talking about... @jyod21   @Manny/Patrick  @Ray Reed  

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Do superhero movies go into Action/Adventure or Sci-Fi? If action/adventure, what about GotG? Too many movies fit in multiple boxes, like you said. Its just easier to let things lie on the overall forum opinion. 

I have thought about needing two noms before it goes into the pool for polling, but havent decided for sure. 

It is a hard call, Action/Adventure would be like Indiana Jones or something, Sci-Fi is Blade Runner.   Superhero movies are I would say Action and Adventure.  They are not space related usually, fantasy is made up worlds like Lord of the Rings but there is a lot of action in it but I would go fantasy for that over action/adventure.  

Honestly Superhero movies, or most suck so that will not be an issue.  Sure The Dark Knight maybe and some others but that will not be a problem.

But yeah probably throw it out there, get options then vote and only one gets it so that would be easy I suppose.  For the better years like the 90s it will be hell picking one movie in a 10 year span to represent the time frame for the genre.  That will be flat out hell and doubt anyone will agree enough to even move it onward.  Sure this specific one is easy because there are not many good options out there.

Just now, Ozzy said:

It is crap.  But they can see it for themselves and make up their own mind. 

I do not like you at all.  I dislike you.  You don't know WTF you're talking about and you think watching a lot of movies qualifies you to have some profound opinion on **** you don't remotely understand.  Your opinion on movies is tantamount to some fat greasy Elder Scrolls online player judging attractiveness of women he wouldn't have a chance with if he won two lotteries.  Citing three people on a football forum as some call to authority on a movie proves exactly what I think about you.  I genuinely do not like you.  Do not quote me when I talk about movies because your opinion on movies means less to me than health and fitness advice from Daniel Lambert. 

To all the mods I'll give myself a warning.

Edited by Outpost31

20 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I do not like you at all.  I dislike you.  You don't know WTF you're talking about and you think watching a lot of movies qualifies you to have some profound opinion on **** you don't remotely understand.  Your opinion on movies is tantamount to some fat greasy Elder Scrolls online player judging attractiveness of women he wouldn't have a chance with if he won two lotteries.  Citing three people on a football forum as some call to authority on a movie proves exactly what I think about you.  I genuinely do not like you.  Do not quote me when I talk about movies because your opinion on movies means less to me than health and fitness advice from Daniel Lambert. 

To all the mods I'll give myself a warning.

I mean, chill for one sec. 

A Quiet Place is good. But to me, it's a Thriller. Not a Horror.

Just now, scar988 said:

I mean, chill for one sec. 

Agreed, and really it does not matter, it will get voted out soon enough regardless of what category it is in.  

Just now, scar988 said:

Yeah I'm not even arguing that, so... Dude's trying to **** on it because it wasn't scary.  I didn't even nominate A Quiet Place for best horror because I don't like calling it a horror, even though it fits more into horror... Did you not read my entire post on how it's difficult to put it into a genre?  I'm not arguing that A Quiet Place is horror.  Dude's a petulant **** who didn't like the movie and ****s on it any chance he gets because der it wersn't scery as if that's some qualifier for quality in a film. 

I just don't like that dude.  At all.  Sits there and hypes up Altered as one of the best horror movies he's ever seen, spells The Shining with two Ns, calls One Hour Photo a horror movie.

18796997_3.jpg?v=8D0F4A12BD2FEC0

Is a better movie than

c22189e28f944a7312c828a20ddca1508ab76ad1

He's a troll who thinks he knows movies because he's watched a lot of them.