Week 3: Buccaneers (1-0) at VIKINGS (1-1)

swede700

12 hours ago, vike daddy said:

lol. no, not all, but more than five of them are from him.

plus there were others i left out because they were just repetitions. lol

i think this one is my favorite, which is from someone else:

I have no faith in Keenum. If we win, it will be in spite of him, not because of him. 

That was me. Perfectly fine with owning up to it. 

I still have no faith in him. This is an outlier in an otherwise lackluster career. He played well against a defense that was missing four starters before the game began, who's best defensive player was hobbled for most of the game, and who had another key piece injured during the course of the game. He should have performed well. He looked like hot garbage last week. 

Let's be honest and ask ourselves this question: "Week in and week out, which Keenum do you expect to see more of: the Keenum we saw in Week 3, or the Keenum we saw in Week 2?"

Just now, wcblack34 said:

Let's be honest and ask ourselves this question: "Week in and week out, which Keenum do you expect to see more of: the Keenum we saw in Week 3, or the Keenum we saw in Week 2?"

somewhere in between. but what we can take from yesterday's performance is that he is capable of such a performance.

14 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

That was me. Perfectly fine with owning up to it. 

I still have no faith in him. This is an outlier in an otherwise lackluster career. He played well against a defense that was missing four starters before the game began, who's best defensive player was hobbled for most of the game, and who had another key piece injured during the course of the game. He should have performed well. He looked like hot garbage last week. 

Depends on which OL shows up.  I would expect that almost any QB would have a dreadful performance with no preparation and the kind of protection he faced in PIT.  Likewise a QB should be able to pick apart a defense with the time and weapons he had this past weekend. 

28 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

somewhere in between. but what we can take from yesterday's performance is that he is capable of such a performance.

Agreed.  I don't expect him to perform as well as he did yesterday...but I don't think they need him to either.  He's not Bradford, but he's fully capable of "managing the game."  I do still find it amusing to read all of the posts from about pages 4-6 of this thread.  

2 hours ago, Snake Plissken said:

Depends on which OL shows up.  I would expect that almost any QB would have a dreadful performance with no preparation and the kind of protection he faced in PIT.  Likewise a QB should be able to pick apart a defense with the time and weapons he had this past weekend. 

This is why so many of us have been clamoring to build a strong OL through the draft.  The OL makes the QB, more often than not; secondarily, the other supporting cast (RB, TE, WR) also help make the QB.  Keenum might have been facing a depleted Bucs defense; however, he still made the throws.  So many people seem to think we need a top-notch QB to win, I think while the QB disproportionately affects the productivity of the offense, we need to be cognizant of the other pieces as well.

6 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

In an absolute dismantling, Bucs’ CBs Vernon Hargreaves & Ryan Smith each had a rough day in Minnesota. Hargreaves was targeted a team-high 10 times, allowing 7 receptions for a whopping 126 yards and 1 TD. Smith was targeted 8 times, allowing 5 receptions for 118 yards and 1 TD.

Vikings QB Case Keenum saw a 145.8 passer rating when targeting EACH defender.

10 hours ago, TENINCH said:

We were told the Bucs offense was good. xD

As I basically said last week, don't believe the hype.  They're okay, but not a top-flight offense.  They have the potential to be good, but the lack of a true running game (and until Jameis can reduce the amount of turnovers) will continue to kill them.  

Vikings safety Andrew Sendejo escaped a penalty Sunday, but the NFL docked him $24,309 for an illegal hit on Bucs tight end Cameron Brate, according to Chris Tomasson of the Twin Cities Pioneer Press. Sendejo hit Brate in the back of the head in the end zone on a 15-yard touchdown reception. Bucs coach Dirk Koetter said afterward an official admitted he should have thrown a flag.

Sendejo was one of three Vikings fined, with linebacker Anthony Barr and cornerback Xavier Rhodes also having money taken out of their paychecks. The league fined Barr $18,231 for a horse-collar tackle, and Rhodes lost $9,115 for a taunting penalty.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/29/three-vikings-fined-including-andrew-sendejo/

Archived