Proposed new CBA would reduce positive THC test punishment; no more bans strictly for smoking weed

RaidersAreOne

11 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

If it decreases opiate use by only 10% it’s a huge win.

On the merits of this alone, we have a victory for the players. Players shouldn't have to be limited to Vicodin, Percocet or Oxycontin for pain management.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jebrick said:

So is this all they got?  $5.5M increase per team and being able to smoke dope?  NFLPA must be the worst union ever.

Eh, I doubt the players are going to sign this...

I'm pretty sure Watt isn't alone.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Smart move by the owners to say "we accept this CBA" knowing the players won't, which would turn the players into the bad guys in the eyes of the casual sports fan.

Bingo. The narrative then shifts to "these millionaire players are spoiled and I'm not gonna get my football because they're spoiled!"

I hope the general population sees beyond this. But, I don't expect much.

Not sure if this was posted or not.  The proposal

https://twitter.com/DarrenHeitner/status/1230646875558219776

Here is something on the Guaranteed Funding Rule is is a big part of this

https://www.axios.com/nfl-nflpa-cba-negotiations-funding-rule-contracts-8885ab7d-ceea-406a-a8dc-3c2f8be01b7b.html

Edited by jebrick

2 hours ago, LeonKennedy said:

Who said anything about smoking on the field? There's a serious misunderstanding here. Players getting busted for smoking in their spare time is what's controversial about that rule. Players are allowed to drink as much as they like but nobody's gonna let them come out and play piss drunk either.

Tell that to Mike Vanderjact or however you spell his name

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Bingo. The narrative then shifts to "these millionaire players are spoiled and I'm not gonna get my football because they're spoiled!"

I hope the general population sees beyond this. But, I don't expect much.

NFL fans have proven time after time; they will side with the billionaires. Because most of them are uninformed buffoons in mental decline with a serf-like ideology (the average person). And well... the other reason.. …. can be inferred. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

You've clearly not worked the same places I have because yes...yes I do

If you come into work high and unable to function, yeah you should be fired. For consuming it in your own free time and being sober when you do show up to work? That's just being petty.

• Like 1