Discuss Diggs’ “Drama”

VikeManDan

7 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Damn right, if you look what Arizona got for Hopkins, that is a crap ton.

You mean Houston? They got an RB, coming off a season off injuries and being benched along with a 2nd and 4th rounder? I'd hardly call that a haul. Look at what OBJ returned last year.

• Like 2

Just now, vikingsrule said:

Bisi Johnson showed he isn’t much of a threat as the #2.  Im not even confident Thielen will be as productive without Diggs and the attention he draws.

Exactly. So getting one of these top WRs would be huge. IF this happens. 

Just now, VikeManDan said:

You mean Houston? They got an RB, coming off a season off injuries and being benched along with a 2nd and 4th rounder? I'd hardly call that a haul. Look at what OBJ returned last year.

I am saying Arizona stole Hopkins for not that much honestly.  Yes Houston got David Johnson, a 2nd rounder and a 2021 4th rounder.  Cardinals got Hopkins and a what 4th rounder.   

If the Vikings could pull off a similar steal that would be great.

10 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Agreed but we're the Texans in this scenario since we'd be dealing Diggs. Hopkins should've returned much more and Diggs should as well, if moved.

Texans got worked.

I assume they were not going to be able to sign him anyway so they thought why not get something for him at least and they did that.  

10 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Agreed but we're the Texans in this scenario since we'd be dealing Diggs. Hopkins should've returned much more and Diggs should as well, if moved.

Texans got worked.

Maybe not as bad as you think.. Hopkins is 28 years old and is said to be looking for a huge contract next year. Like 20 plus million a year.

i actually think Diggs would get a better haul just because he is locked up and can’t go anywhere. 

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

I assume they were not going to be able to sign him anyway so they thought why not get something for him at least and they did that.  

Fair about not being able to resign him. Still think they could've squeezed more out of ARI.

1 minute ago, Vikes22 said:

Maybe not as bad as you think.. Hopkins is 28 years old and is said to be looking for a huge contract next year. Like 20 plus million a year.

i actually think Diggs would get a better haul just because he is locked up and can’t go anywhere. 

Houston has a QB on a rookie deal and I believe they have/had the cap space to resign him. Still think they could've gotten a little more.

Just now, VikeManDan said:

Fair about not being able to resign him. Still think they could've squeezed more out of ARI.

Houston has a QB on a rookie deal and I believe they have/had the cap space to resign him. Still think they could've gotten a little more.

True but say the Raiders wanted Diggs and would be willing to part with one of the many 1st round picks they have.  I would do that all day honestly with how he has been acting of late.

Houston could have got more sure but getting David Johnson, a 2nd and a 4th is not nothing for a player they clearly were not on the same page with contract wise.  And the Diggs by his behavior has wanted out of him for awhile and that has only continued this off season based on what he has done.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NorthCountryEvo said:

Buckner going to the Colt’s for the #13 overall pick would be the trade value I would hope to see as a return for Diggs, but since the draft is so WR heavy along with the Hopkins trade, I kind of don’t see that happening. 

Yeah that is impressive the 49ers got a high 1st round pick for him which I am sure they will just take Kinlaw as a cheaper version of Buckner.  Curious they gave the money to Armstead and not Buckner.  And so much for the Colts getting Herbert or Love, wow.

Edited by Ozzy

23 minutes ago, perrynoid said:

Would it not be the supreme irony if we traded Diggs and used that pick to draft his brother?

Now that I would have less of a problem with, just because then they would be doing it for Trevon Diggs as a player and not just to make his freaking brother happy with us.