Who Crushes Stigmas At The Combine?

BleedTheClock

We can all call out the guys who are going to blow up the combine. Who are the guys that will break negative stigmas during the combine?

I’m gonna say Kenny Willekes. I think he times very well (4.6 range). 

I’m also gonna say AJ Epenesa. He’s gonna hit some quality numbers across the board. 

I’m also nominating JK Dobbins. He’s gonna run under 4.45.

I’m finally nominating Collin Johnson. He’s stiff, but he’s gonna run a low 4.5 I bet. 

10 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

We can all call out the guys who are going to blow up the combine. Who are the guys that will break negative stigmas during the combine?

I’m gonna say Kenny Willekes. I think he times very well (4.6 range). 

I’m also gonna say AJ Epenesa. He’s gonna hit some quality numbers across the board. 

I’m also nominating JK Dobbins. He’s gonna run under 4.45.

I’m finally nominating Collin Johnson. He’s stiff, but he’s gonna run a low 4.5 I bet. 

Dobbins ran 4.35 coming out of hs. Not really going out on a limb there. 

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Nobody gives him credit for having long speed. I always see that as a critique of his.

Which was deserving at times. Dobbins was getting caught from behind a good bit his first two seasons (and I thought to myself "how in the hell does he run a 4.4?") but seemed to have found a bit of extra long speed this year. He ran mid 4.4.'s at the opening before Ohio State (and those times have come to be pretty accurate over the years) and he ran a "4.32" at Ohio State, which would probably equal out to around a mid 4.4. He's just one of those guys that's going to time faster than he looks; I'd be surprised with anything above a 4.50. 

34 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Quintez Cephus shocked me with his garbage 40. He looked FAST in tape. 

A 4.73 is definitely a disappointment for him. That said, his tape is really solid and he's a good route runner. At 6'1 and 205, I think that he's a really good #2/#3 option in his NFL career and he's my darkhorse kid from Rounds 4-7 to be an instant starter and have himself a nice career.

JMHO

38 minutes ago, lark25 said:

Tanner Muse? Viewed a certain way because we all know why

Yeah but also because he’s clearly stiff on tape. I like Muse a lot and have constantly mocked him to the Browns (my team) late in the draft, but he’s definitely got speed limitations despite the number. 

So much for Willekes testing well. Or Epenesa.

Basically every DE was a gigantic disappointment. 

Joe Bachie earned himself some money though.