1960s Horror - Official FF BMET (Nominations)

Deadpulse

Just now, Malfatron said:

I like the subject matter of NotLD better. I like small oneroom type movies about a group of people trying to get out of a situation, and they all have different ideas on how to do so.

True that is a cool dynamic, but nothing horrifying about that.  Storm of the Century has that dynamic at the end with the entire town deciding on if they should give up one of their children to this demon that is believed to be the devil for him to raise, in return to save the lives of those in the town.  

Night of the Living Dead was interesting sure but I thought this was horror movie tournament, not thought provoking life or death drama tournament,.  The black and white they did some cool things light wise with that but considering the time period most did, and kudos for casting an African American man at that time period who was not a villain of some kind.  Oh and Psycho was made 8 years before it was, but with how well it was shot it seems like it was made 15-20 years after Night of the Living Dead.  

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:
1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

im excited to nom Freaks (1932)

Freaks as a horror movie?  It was cool but not sure it was a horror movie, maybe for its time I suppose but Frankenstein will kick its *** so does not really matter.  

I think Freaks is way more horrifying

I always found Frankensteins monster to be pretty lame

except for Bride of Frankenstein, which is great!

Edited by Malfatron

Just now, MikeT14 said:

Shoot. House on Haunted Hill is 1959. Well then...

Psycho, Night of the Living Dead, Rosemary's Baby

Well done.

None are worth a nomination but all three are pretty sweet movie posters.  

the-curse-of-the-werewolf-movie-poster-1

MV5BZGY1ODM0Y2EtYTBlNy00ZTQ5LWI5MzQtZTY2

MV5BYjc0Yjk3MTQtMzdjYi00M2Y0LWE1MDQtYmQ2

Just now, Malfatron said:

I think Freaks is way more horrifying

I always found Frankensteins monster to be pretty lame

That is not the point, Frankenstein's very creation and the thought of being able to do that is scary, much less mankind themselves turn out to be the real monster in the film.  The monster in general is unparalleled and visually it was outstanding and took the book story to even further heights.  

Freaks is a very unique film no doubt but is The Elephant Man a horror movie then as well?  No way is Freaks better than Frankenstein or The Bride of Frankenstein but will see, I would not say Freaks is better than The Body Snatcher either.    

The Bride of Frankenstien is very enjoyable. I had edited that movie in after thinking that I may have missed a good Frankenstein movie.

I personally think Freaks is way more affecting, as it uses people was real deformaties and adds to the realism of the situation while still playing up to horror elements. Memorable scenes like the gooble goble one of us dinner scene.

Most of the other movies from that time period feel like a neutered play. 

Again though, Bride of Frankenstein is good.

I strongly prefer the later remakes of the Invasion of the Body Snatchers to the original.

Psycho and The Birds are pretty iconic.  Rosemary's Baby too, but honestly, I don't think I'd nominate anything from this decade.  Haven't seen RB, and Hitchcock's horror movies are aight.

Actually, in the course of typing that, I changed my mind.  I nominate Psycho.