Week 3 GDT: Seahawks (1-1) at Titans (1-1)

titans0021

Sigh.  Why wasn't the Offensive PI Called there.   Sigh worse then what DECker did.      No call lead to TD.       Good job titans getting the lead at half.   

And okay.  They didn't call the penalty on what they showed but man the one the called was really iffy and had zero effect on play and way behind the play

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I think the League would have stopped for a moment of silence if that was Brady that got by Sherman. 
And it would have been the lead story on every network

You damn right KT. It's getting horrible. I've loved the sport of football my whole life but favoritism in the NFL is at an all time high especially with refs.

3 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Totally on both accounts, but the point more is this:

you have these grown men playing a physical game. Sherman does something dirty, we go to protect our guy and essentially get penalized for defending our QB that happens to have a name that isn't Tom brady or russel Wilson. That can't happen 

It's a late hit. He was going to get a 15 yard penalty. That's all that would have happened to any other QB as well. I wanted him ejected, but as they stated, that's not something they eject people for. 

When we go to protect our guy, basically Sherman got a free hit on our QB, because nothing comes out of it. I knew immediately that it was going to be offsetting when I saw what our team did, regardless of who the team was that did it. I hate it, but you can't do it if you want the 15 yards. It will be called every single time.

Just now, MdTitansFan56 said:

Shouldn't have Sherman been ejected for the late hit? He already had one unsportsmanlike or is a late hit not unsportsmanlike? 

It is apparently considered a "football play" and not an unsportsmanlike play. Dumb as hell...don't see how a late hit out of bounds on a QB isn't unsportsmanlike...

3 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

It's a late hit. He was going to get a 15 yard penalty. That's all that would have happened to any other QB as well. I wanted him ejected, but as they stated, that's not something they eject people for. 

When we go to protect our guy, basically Sherman got a free hit on our QB, because nothing comes out of it. I knew immediately that it was going to be offsetting when I saw what our team did, regardless of who the team was that did it. I hate it, but you can't do it if you want the 15 yards. It will be called every single time.

My point is it's unrealistic to expect an offense to stay calm in that type of situation 

Just now, deeluxx3 said:

My point is it's unrealistic to expect an offense to stay calm in that type of situation 

I understand that, and I'm glad they didn't act like they didn't care, but if they could at least pull it back to where it doesn't look like a brawl is about to begin and cost us 15 yards, that would be the ideal thing. I don't want him to be able to take free shots with no penalty.

Archived