Wuhan Coronavirus Thread

mission27

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Kinda hard to discuss a pandemic without mentioning healthcare....

It's fine to discuss it, but it's not going to end well if people want to start taking shots at it.  Kind of hard to go there and not get political.

Hence, tread lightly.

• Like 3

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

As an RN who works for a large insurance company, tell me more.

Let's put it this way.  There's no perfect system.  They all have advantages and disadvantages.

• Like 1

Just now, theJ said:

Let's put it this way.  There's no perfect system.  They all have advantages and disadvantages.

For sure.  Without being specific, asking people to pay large amounts of money/or not testing in general, is a bad system for limiting the damage of a virus.

6 minutes ago, theJ said:

It's fine to discuss it, but it's not going to end well if people want to start taking shots at it.  Kind of hard to go there and not get political.

Hence, tread lightly.

I'm not sure that I know you well enough to post this gif in good fun, but I'm doing so in good faith:

source.gif

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

For sure.  Without being specific, asking people to pay large amounts of money/or not testing in general, is a bad system for limiting the damage of a virus.

Sure.  But at the same time, it will also have the advantage of keeping some people out of the hospital or urgent care that don't need to be there.

When things are free, people will use more of it.  I have a HDHP.  I won't be going to the hospital for this virus (if i catch it) unless it's absolutely necessary.  And that's how it should be.

What sense would this make? Your training facility cannot be accessed by the public and is probably the most sterile and safe way for your players to train. You control it, if you can't keep your players healthy it's on you. Now they'll train at these big institutes, which I'm sure are also taking great measures to prevent the spread, but this seems like unwarranted panic instead of rational thinking.

1 hour ago, animaltested said:

HA! So the whole "Insurance Companies waving COVID cost" thing was a big lie. Only COPAYS.

Sucks to be you if you have a high deductible or out of pocket maximum. This is why the US cannot properly handle a medical epidemic. Most people (with health insurance) will avoid healthcare because they don't have the money to pay out of pocket expenses up to their deductible or OOPM. That or people already underwater will just get pushed down even further with more debt. Even if they do get a vaccine up and running, it wont get out into the general public for the exact reason. 

It’s also only being waived for testing. So if you actually have it, you’re SOL. 

• Like 1