Williams Asks for Extension or Trade

LoganF89

Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Trent Williams

Post Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:09 am

Short personal text indicating Cleveland is working hard at working out deals to land William's, and another different team mow in the mix also. We may have actually wait until the draft eve of actual draft day to see how this ends up, or it may possibly a smokescreen. Just IM patiently waiting

I sure hope this is all true! Just passing this along...

Edited by aceinthehouse

3 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Short personal text indicating Cleveland is working hard at working out deals to land William's, and another different team mow in the mix also. We may have actually wait until the draft eve of actual draft day to see how this ends up, or it may possibly a smokescreen. Just IM patiently waiting

Yep, I heard the same thing from the IT guys at Redskins Park, since the janitors can't be sources anymore.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Who the heck is that guy?

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Who the heck is that guy?

He apparently is good friends from some Redskins lineman who played next to Trent Williams(or was simply on the team) for 5 or 6 years as a Redskin.

He never says his name though, so I don't know.

But apparently, this "friend" is keeping him updated on the Trent Williams situation because bowhunting Viking is a die-hard Vikings fan & his friend is keeping him in the loop on the Vikings interest in Trent.

Who played with Trent for 5 years that's no longer here? Anybody's guess, if this is even true.

Either way, I'm passing it along in case it is true. If he's lying, then he would be BSing all his fellow Viking fans & members on the board. He apparently is a long time member as well. So this stuff could be legit...

It would be like WOZ saying we're about to sign J. Clowney,  because he's close friends with J.J. Watt when they played together in Houston.

Would you have any reason NOT to believe WOZ, or would you think he's full of ****?

5 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Huge difference between FF and that board though.  Seems low rent compared to this site and others.  

Also, as much as I like Woz and other people around here, I don't think any of us have any kind of legit source in an NFL front office.  

I'm FB friends with Montez Sweat...

Although I don't know him personally & don't reach out to him there.

I probably could if I wanted too, but I don't want to come off as a weird fan. Lol 

But for real, I sent him a friend request & he accepted. 

Pretty cool actually...

Should I ask him how the Trent Williams situation is unfolding? Lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I'm FB friends with Montez Sweat...

Although I don't know him personally & don't reach out to him there.

I probably could if I wanted too, but I don't want to come off as a weird fan. Lol 

But for real, I sent him a friend request & he accepted. 

Pretty cool actually...

Should I ask him how the Trent Williams situation is unfolding? Lol

You sure it's actually Montez Sweat and not a fan site?  I know an Orioles STH on Twitter who has a Manny Machado fan page and people think it's actually Manny's page and write messages saying as much. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

He apparently is good friends from some Redskins lineman who played next to Trent Williams(or was simply on the team) for 5 or 6 years as a Redskin.

He never says his name though, so I don't know.

But apparently, this "friend" is keeping him updated on the Trent Williams situation because bowhunting Viking is a die-hard Vikings fan & his friend is keeping him in the loop on the Vikings interest in Trent.

Who played with Trent for 5 years that's no longer here? Anybody's guess, if this is even true.

Either way, I'm passing it along in case it is true. If he's lying, then he would be BSing all his fellow Viking fans & members on the board. He apparently is a long time member as well. So this stuff could be legit...

It would be like WOZ saying we're about to sign J. Clowney,  because he's close friends with J.J. Watt when they played together in Houston.

Would you have any reason NOT to believe WOZ, or would you think he's full of ****?

If this guy was reputable he’d be talking to Redskins beat reporters and this news would be reported by them or Vikings beat reporters and they'd be reporting it.

I'm just spitballing here but my thought is that whoever this is - if it's true - is close friends with Tom Compton who used to play for the Redskins, played for South Dakota in college and most people in North & South Dakota are Vikings fans or Broncos fans. So, that's my hail marry.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

If this guy was reputable he’d be talking to Redskins beat reporters and this news would be reported by them or Vikings best reporters and they'd be reporting it.

I'm just spitballing here but my thought is that whoever this is - if it's true - is close friends with Tom Compton who used to play for the Redskins, played for South Dakota in college and most people in North & South Dakota are Vikings fans or Broncos fans. So, that's my hail marry.

Ok..possibly Compton

Cool

Very interesting

• Like 1

I’m thinking a deal doesn’t happen until before the draft. Might happen on draft night.

Cleveland is probably still the most likely to trade imo. However, if we sign Clowney, we are out of the TW sweepstakes.

I feel the Vikes are #2 contender.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’m thinking a deal doesn’t happen until before the draft. Might happen on draft night.

Cleveland is probably still the most likely to trade imo. However, if we sign Clowney, we are out of the TW sweepstakes.

I feel the Vikes are #2 contender.

Agree- why make the trade now? Better to wait for the draft for all parties. Both sides will have better info on options and for Redskins better chance to get a little higher pick as all the top tackles will come off earlier than early to mid second round. Meaning we might be able to get 74 rather than 97

Edited by Doc Draper
  • Like 1