Williams Asks for Extension or Trade

LoganF89

For me personally, if I’m Cleveland, I’d give up a 3 and an additional late round pick IF Trent is reasonable with his demands. Heck if he’s not an idiot, I’d give up a 2nd.

For me, it’s never been a concern over trade compensation. The Browns heavily addressed a ton of needs. It’s concern over Trent being freaking nuts.

• Like 3

This right here:

Another spin and a more direct hit was provided by my pal Mike Jones of USA Today. He was also a guest of 106.7 The FAN on Friday with Chad Dukes and said this:

"The real problem is this. Trent does not have a good agent. I've talked to a number of people around the league....Vince Taylor doesn't know what he's doing. He's given Trent bad advice."

That's a uppercut to the jaw. 

"From everybody that I've talked to in the league, he's the biggest thing that's holding Trent back." 

https://www.si.com/nfl/redskins/news/is-trents-agent-the-problem

• Like 4

6 hours ago, candyman93 said:

For me personally, if I’m Cleveland, I’d give up a 3 and an additional late round pick IF Trent is reasonable with his demands. Heck if he’s not an idiot, I’d give up a 2nd.

For me, it’s never been a concern over trade compensation. The Browns heavily addressed a ton of needs. It’s concern over Trent being freaking nuts.

Thank you. Finally The Godfather of the Browns forum has spoken and per usual it’s a reasonable expectation.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

This right here:

Another spin and a more direct hit was provided by my pal Mike Jones of USA Today. He was also a guest of 106.7 The FAN on Friday with Chad Dukes and said this:

"The real problem is this. Trent does not have a good agent. I've talked to a number of people around the league....Vince Taylor doesn't know what he's doing. He's given Trent bad advice."

"From everybody that I've talked to in the league, he's the biggest thing that's holding Trent back." 

It really sucks so much for Trent, bc if his agent wasn’t so bad he’d either have a reasonable 3 year extension w/ the Skins in the neighborhood of $60 million or he would’ve been traded by now to a team that wants him and would part with the picks but isn’t going to pay him QB money, but in the end once again like most of this, it’s Trent’s fault.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

This right here:

No wonder he got taken for over a million by an investment hack.  Bad advice is bad advice, and Taylor got taken in along with Trent.  Fire this guy.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

This right here:

Like I've said multiple times before. His agent is a moron. The only one who is a bigger moron is Trent. For continuing to employ him

• Like 2

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

It really sucks so much for Trent, bc if his agent wasn’t so bad he’d either have a reasonable 3 year extension w/ the Skins in the neighborhood of $60 million or he would’ve been traded by now to a team that wants him and would part with the picks but isn’t going to pay him QB money, but in the end once again like most of this, it’s Trent’s fault.

I'm completely convinced if, last year, Trent just says "hey I want an extension" and they say "Well, you have two more years, how about come play this year and we'll work one out" (and he came and played) that he would be extended by now. Probably in the same area you're talking about and with it the guaranteed $$ he keeps saying he wants.

Alas, they chose scorched earth tactics

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

I'm completely convinced if, last year, Trent just says "hey I want an extension" and they say "Well, you have two more years, how about come play this year and we'll work one out" (and he came and played) that he would be extended by now. Probably in the same area you're talking about and with it the guaranteed $$ he keeps saying he wants.

I don't, he wanted Brice Allen gone. He didn't even want to negotiate w/ Brice and consider signing a new long term deal w/ the Redskins that I know of until Brice was fired.

Edited by turtle28

19 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Is this not the same path they wen down with Cousins? 

• Like 1

Take this for what it's worth.

But I was browsing a Viking forum & some fan in the know says things are heating up between the Vikings & Trent Williams.

He also said there are 4 teams very interested in him. The other is the Browns.

(No mention of the other 2 teams)

Apparently, he's friends with an Viking O-lineman or former Lineman.

Who couldn't tell him much yada yada yada uncle Intel info.

He didn't seem to be making it up as he is a Mod on that forum, but you never know.

Thought I would pass this along, as it was interesting.

Very curious who the other 2 teams are, if this info is legit.

Could it be the Jets & Houston who we've heard about in rumor reporting.

Or someone else...

(God...you know I'm hoping for it to be the Patriots for obvious reasons...lol)

🤣

58 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Take this for what it's worth.

But I was browsing a Viking forum & some fan in the know says things are heating up between the Vikings & Trent Williams.

He also said there are 4 teams very interested in him. The other is the Browns.

(No mention of the other 2 teams)

Apparently, he's friends with an Viking O-lineman or former Lineman.

Who couldn't tell him much yada yada yada uncle Intel info.

He didn't seem to be making it up as he is a Mod on that forum, but you never know.

Thought I would pass this along, as it was interesting.

Very curious who the other 2 teams are, if this info is legit.

Could it be the Jets & Houston who we've heard about in rumor reporting.

Or someone else...

(God...you know I'm hoping for it to be the Patriots for obvious reasons...lol)

🤣

Sounds like a perfectly reliable source right there. 

Larry David GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like 2

12 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Sounds like a perfectly reliable source right there. 

Larry David GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Would you like the direct quotes from user.

Here you go...

Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:05 am

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Per my info given to me from William'sdmgreat friend and ex teammate , the Vikes are working very seriously at getting him under contract with us. The Browns are also coming at him very aggressively. I can also tell you for sure that he himself is definitely hoping to have it work out for him to be a Viking.
Another thing, yes he us 32 yrs old. But , and this comes from from the guy who played right beside him for 6 seasons, he is healthy, very well rested and very hungry to get away from the Skins debacle and play for a good organization.
So I know he wants to be a Viking, and its gonna be interesting to see if we are able to do enough maneuvering without hurting the roster to get it done.
Guess we will know before too long possibly.
If I hear anything before its announced publicly I will post it here.

Edited by aceinthehouse

Out of curiosity, this is what the Vikings have in draft selections.

Round 1 Pick 22
Round 1 Pick 25
Round 2 Pick 26
Round 3 Pick 25
Round 3 Pick 41 (COMP)
Round 4 Pick 26
Round 5 Pick 21
Round 6 Pick 22
Round 6 Pick 26
Round 7 Pick 5
Round 7 Pick 35 (COMP)
Round 7 Pick 39 (COMP)

They have a lot of ammo to trade for Trent.

Obviously, they won't want to part with their two 1st rounders or maybe even their 2nd.

But they also gave two 3rds & players to possibly trade.

Would love to get a player & a 3rd.

I think with Cleveland being aggressive as well, it could force the Vikings to ante a little more than they originally probably had planned.

Or maybe Cleveland does...

Either way, I'm ready for this drama to unfold & end & get started forming the 2020 Redskins & beyond.

If we can hit this draft, like the last few years? I think we could be a surprise team, if there's even a season.

But it all rests on Haskins shoulders. Can he deliver (pun intended) & improve his game.

There's 3 new coaches in the NFC East. We have as good a chance as the others, to compete.