Williams Asks for Extension or Trade

LoganF89

12 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I would honestly take that trade with one fourth round pick right now.  But both would allow us to trade into the third round in the middle or near the end and acquire another impact player in the third.  Or maybe trade our third into the second if we really, really like someone who is falling.  It also gives us a decent stopgap in Reiff.  

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29151e43f413e326d057

3 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Friendly Browns fan here the reason Trent does not have a trade market is this.

1 there are 13 tackles in the next 2 years with 1st round grade.

2nd Trents asking price is too high to sign S extension.

True, definitely #2, but if you think your team should be a playoff team or even a championship contender - see CLE, Minny & Tampa - then it would make more sense to acquire the vet OT and go for the Super  Bowl. And he'll probably accept a deal that isn't record-breaking from a team not named the Washington Redskins.

Just asking those who would accept those 4th round picks for Trent is this just to get this situation over with or they really feel Trent would sit out another year?

I can't see Trent really sitting out another year unless he's ready to retire. No implications or news of that nature has came out from him or his agent. Trent is under contract for the Washington Redskins, they hold his rights and rather or not he gets paid anything next season. He does to by showing up or not. If it was all about Culture I believe Rivera would've already traded him for cheap. 

8 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Just asking those who would accept those 4th round picks for Trent is this just to get this situation over with or they really feel Trent would sit out another year?

I can't see Trent really sitting out another year unless he's ready to retire. No implications or news of that nature has came out from him or his agent. Trent is under contract for the Washington Redskins, they hold his rights and rather or not he gets paid anything next season. He does to by showing up or not. If it was all about Culture I believe Rivera would've already traded him for cheap. 

I think I am at the point where I would like to get the situation over with. Otherwise it just hangs over our head the whole season.

Haskins probably gets killed some behind the line, and Trent isn't playing. I don't want to hear about it all season.

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I think I am at the point where I would like to get the situation over with. Otherwise it just hangs over our head the whole season.

Haskins probably gets killed some behind the line, and Trent isn't playing. I don't want to hear about it all season.

So you think Trent sit outs 2 consecutive seasons? Missing out on all that money? 

13 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I want the situation over with but I'm still it willing to give him away bc I know his value is at worst a top 10 LT in the NFL.

I don't think trading him or him sitting out again changes the situation with how people will feel if Haskins gets killed behind a left side of an OL that isn't even as good as last year's, which is possible w/ Flowers gone (I can't believe I just wrote that) and say a year older version of Donald Penn at LT. Either way, we’re going to hear about that all season unless Trent gets traded for another team's good starter at LT which is unlikely.

Edited by turtle28

21 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I don't think anyone thinks Trent will sit out a second year. He really can't afford to sit out a second year - I don't think - if he wants to be a FA next year.

Those who are willing to trade Trent for a 4th have that position for two reasons:

1. They want it over with as you suggested.

2. They know if he plays this year and we let him walk, the best comp pick we will get is a 5th round pick, which is essentially a 6th round pick bc it will be one of the last picks in the 5th round of the 2022 draft.

Edited by turtle28

19 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don't think anyone thinks Trent will sit out a second year. He really can't afford to sit out a second year - I don't think - if he wants to be a FA next year.

Those who are willing to trade Trent for a 4th have that position for two reasons:

1. They want it over with as you suggested.

2. They know if he plays this year and we let him walk, the best comp pick we will get is a 5th round pick, which is essentially a 6th round pick bc it will be one of the last picks in the 5th round of the 2022 draft.

I don't really care about what comp we would get for him. My position is he signed the contract and I believe he plays this season. No team is gonna give him that top money he asking for. So it's now up to him to prove his worth for his next contract on the final year of his deal with the Washington Redskins.

If we were to trade him, it needs to be fair vaule for a Pro Bowl player trying to get a new deal. 2 4ths aren't enough for me. Give me a 2nd round pick or 2 3rd round picks and we have a deal. If not Trent plays his final contract year out in Washington or he sits out and misses out on his money 2 years in a row.

I was on his side last year, this year it's about Business. You SIGNED a Contract Trent. 

Edited by Skins212689

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

I don't really care about what comp we would get for him. My position is he signed the contract and I believe he plays this season. No team is gonna give him that top money he asking for. So it's now up to him to prove his worth for his next contract on the final year of his deal with the Washington Redskins.

If we were to trade him, it needs to be fair vaule for a Pro Bowl player trying to get a new deal. 2 4ths aren't enough for me. Give me a 2nd round pick or 2 3rd round picks and we have a deal. If not Trent plays his final contract year out or he sits out and misses out on his money 2 years in a row.

I was on his side last year, this side it's about Business. You SIGNED a Contract Trent. 

I answered the question you asked as to why I felt that 1/2 or even more Redskins fans would trade Trent away for just a 4th.

And, I already know what your position is with regards to trading Trent, you remind me every post and have for several months.

39 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I answered the question you asked as to why I felt that 1/2 or even more Redskins fans would trade Trent away for just a 4th.

And, I already know what your position is with regards to trading Trent, you remind me every post and have for several months.

You added the compensation they would get next year for him, not me. Thanks for your opinion Turtle. 

Edited by Skins212689

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

Two fourths, a fifth and a better replacement for Donald Penn is about the best offer I could expect right now for Trent Williams given everything surrounding him right now.   Last year I was saying i expected the deal to be a fourth and a sixth (eventually upgrading that to a third) so this would be a better deal than I thought we would get originally. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Two fourths, a fifth and a better replacement for Donald Penn is about the best offer I could expect right now for Trent Williams given everything surrounding him right now.   Last year I was saying i expected the deal to be a fourth and a sixth (eventually upgrading that to a third) so this would be a better deal than I thought we would get originally. 

The way you put this, guess I would have to stop being stubborn and accept the deal. 

Guess I'm stuck on seeing The Pro Bowl William's protecting another team's QB. I truly wouldn't like that. Instead of making him do that for Haskins. I've been overruled so I have to be a TEAM guy and listen to my peers. 

3 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Reasonable if that conditional pick is tied to the Number of games Trent Played. Ex: IF he played 8 games it would move to a 5th, play 12 it would move to a 4th, play 16 moves to a 3rd, if he started 2 playoff games, moves to a 2nd. With the proper upgrade combinations....if he only played 8, but then stared 2 playoff games, it would move to 4th for example...

I suggested a trade like this to several skins fans (in person) and was told that was nowhere near enough.....