Williams Asks for Extension or Trade

LoganF89

20 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Because it isnt.

I respect your stance......without question.

But when you take the Emotion out of it.....Trent Williams (who clearly does have value) has now been on the Block for almost 2 years, IF asking price is not the Hold Up....then what IS the potential hold up?

In a capitalist society, if there is a Good that has value for sale, and Nobody is willing to meet the asking price. Is the problem with EVERYONE else, or with the Asking Price?

Edited by DaWg_LB.
Locigal Anaology Addition

10 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

But when you take the Emotion out of it.....Trent Williams (who clearly does have value) has now been on the Block for almost 2 years, IF asking price is not the Hold Up....then what IS the potential hold up?

In a capitalist society, if there is a Good that has value for sale, and Nobody is willing to meet the asking price. Is the problem with EVERYONE else, or with the Asking Price?

I don’t think that’s true. Bruce wouldn’t trade him. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Trent Williams has not been on the trade block for 2 years its been about 2 months.  Bruce Allen had no intention of ever trading Trent and wasnt shopping him.  When Rivera signed he initially reached out to Trent and tried to get him to rejoin the team.  

The hold up is likely because Trent cant take a physical by any potential suitor due to the coronavirus. 

I expect him to be traded on draft day to a team who misses out on a LT prospect.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Trent Williams has not been on the trade block for 2 years its been about 2 months.  Bruce Allen had no intention of ever trading Trent and wasnt shopping him.  When Rivera signed he initially reached out to Trent and tried to get him to rejoin the team.  

The hold up is likely because Trent cant take a physical by any potential suitor due to the coronavirus. 

I expect him to be traded on draft day to a team who misses out on a LT prospect.

My apologies I mispoke.....he's been refusing the play for the Skins since before last season....and Bruce did refuse to trade him, until near the trade deadline in Oct. (6 month ago).

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/nfl-rumors-heres-redskins-asking-price-trent-williams-trade

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001070802/article/redskins-now-open-to-trading-tackle-trent-williams

My question still remains, an asset has been on the market actively for 6 months and no one is willing to meet the asking price at this time. And by saying "I expect him to be traded on draft day to a team who misses out on a LT prospect." is that you admitting that only a Team who is in a Desperate and "Missed out" on its plan to address LT to pay the current asking price? :)

Your answer "The hold up is likely because Trent cant take a physical by any potential suitor due to the coronavirus." I question this a little bit, as players (who are coming off Injury) are getting signed or their deals rejected because of medical concerns, this causes me to think NFL are working around this obstacle if the want is bad enough. AND super star WR DeAndre Hopkins and Stephon Diggs got traded, I will throw in the Quinton Dunbar trade (who was on IR last year) yet the deal was still made? So it seems that teams are finding a work around if the two partners want to dance no? Also since you " I expect him to be traded on draft day to a team who misses out on a LT prospect." How so IF the hold up is because he cant take a physical? And the Draft is virtual and no medical testing will begin between now and draft time? So if the Hold up is "Trent cant take a physical by any potential suitor due to the coronavirus" and he wont be able to take a physical between now and the VIRTUAL DRAFT, but "You expect him to be traded on draft day to a team who misses out on a LT prospect" dont these answers seem a bit contradictory? There would HAVE to be more holding up the trade than a physical, based on your own logic....In addition to I've seen it argued many times, that with Trent Sitting out the year, he is healthier than he's ever been???

In addition to I've seen it argued many times, that with Trent Sitting out the year, he is healthier than he's ever been???

I dont mean any harm or abrasiveness. Just confused a bit by your answer...

Edited by DaWg_LB.
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

My apologies I mispoke.....he's been refusing the play for the Skins since before last season....and Bruce did refuse to trade him, until near the trade deadline in Oct. (6 month ago).

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/nfl-rumors-heres-redskins-asking-price-trent-williams-trade

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001070802/article/redskins-now-open-to-trading-tackle-trent-williams

Bruce still wasn’t open to trading him at the deadline. If that were truly the case he would’ve been gone. You’d have to have Bruce Allen run your team for a decade to understand. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

until near the trade deadline in Oct. (6 month ago

That was just for show.  Bruce asked a ridiculously high price 24 hours before the deadline expired.  He did it just to say he tried to trade him.  The Redskins have not been actively shopping Trent since about a 2 months ago.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

That was just for show.  Bruce asked a ridiculously high price 24 hours before the deadline expired.  He did it just to say he tried to trade him.  The Redskins have not been actively shopping Trent since about a 2 months ago.  

OK, let's say I am completely wrong bout the time frame, and its only 2 month's...(I dont agree, I just will concede the point to to get the meat of the question)...he's been on block.

Your answer "The hold up is likely because Trent cant take a physical by any potential suitor due to the coronavirus." I question this a little bit, as players (who are coming off Injury) are getting signed or their deals rejected because of medical concerns, this causes me to think NFL are working around this obstacle if the want is bad enough. AND super star WR DeAndre Hopkins and Stephon Diggs got traded, I will throw in the Quinton Dunbar trade (who was on IR last year) yet the deal was still made? So it seems that teams are finding a work around if the two partners want to dance no? Also since you " I expect him to be traded on draft day to a team who misses out on a LT prospect." How so IF the hold up is because he cant take a physical? And the Draft is virtual and no medical testing will begin between now and draft time? So if the Hold up is "Trent cant take a physical by any potential suitor due to the coronavirus" and he wont be able to take a physical between now and the VIRTUAL DRAFT, but "You expect him to be traded on draft day to a team who misses out on a LT prospect" dont these answers seem a bit contradictory? There would HAVE to be more holding up the trade than a physical, based on your own logic....In addition to I've seen it argued many times, that with Trent Sitting out the year, he is healthier than he's ever been???"

Based on this reply to the original response, what do you think the Hold up is? Deals come together pretty quick in the NFL when the asking price matches the asset value (Vikings netted 3 draft picks including a 1rst for S. Diggs, for example), so based off the responses in this exchange, and the concrete examples provided, that rule out, Physicals, or time to get the deal done.

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Bruce still wasn’t open to trading him at the deadline. If that were truly the case he would’ve been gone. You’d have to have Bruce Allen run your team for a decade to understand. 

Don't forget what we could've gotten if Bruce wasn't a jackass. A 1st round pick from Bill Belichick. If Belichick was willing to give up a 1st just imagine what other teams would've gave had it become a bidding War.

Also the Browns were interested last year as well during the season while Trent was holding out. They were offering at least a 2nd then. 

Trent isn't coming off injury. He's coming back from a holdout. He passes his physical, We have to expect at least a 3rd for a Pro Bowl LT. A guy who is very IMPORTANT to the most IMPORTANT position in Football. @DaWg_LB.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Don't forget what we could've gotten if Bruce wasn't a jackass. A 1st round pick from Bill Belichick. If Belichick was willing to give up a 1st just imagine what other teams would've gave had it become a bidding War.

Also the Browns were interested last year as well during the season while Trent was holding out. They were offering at least a 2nd then. 

Trent isn't coming off injury. He's coming back from a holdout. He passes his physical, We have to expect at least a 3rd for a Pro Bowl LT. A guy who is very IMPORTANT to the most IMPORTANT position in Football. @DaWg_LB.

I’ve consistently said my minimum for Trent would be the Jets two thirds. I don’t think that’s much to ask for. He’s one of the leagues best LT for crying out loud. Yes he’s 32 but he’s not 50. Whoever trades for him probably gets at least 4 years of elite play. Two thirds is an extremely small price to pay for Trent Williams. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I’ve consistently said my minimum for Trent would be the Jets two thirds. I don’t think that’s much to ask for. He’s one of the leagues best LT for crying out loud. Yes he’s 32 but he’s not 50. Whoever trades for him probably gets at least 4 years of elite play. Two thirds is an extremely small price to pay for Trent Williams. 

That's 3 thirds witch we can use to move up in the 2nd. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

I'd love that, then we can make sure we get Cole Kmet.

A report from the IG page I follow says they are interested in a WR or CB in the 3rd round. If this trade happens maybe they go after a Claypoll, Shenault, or Arnette in the 2nd. 

2 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

A report from the IG page I follow says they are interested in a WR or CB in the 3rd round. If this trade happens maybe they go after a Claypoll, Shenault, or Arnette in the 2nd. 

That’d be cool too. I can really go any direction with any pick after #2 overall.