Williams Asks for Extension or Trade

LoganF89

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

A conditional 3rd that could be a second based on games played in 2021 sounds about right, especially given the fact that any team trading for him can't do a physical in-person right now. 

200_d.gif

Edited by Doc Draper
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I just don't know how these trades will work because these are essentially going to be game-time trades.  All teams know that Trent Williams wants a new contract.  How do you make a game time trade without ironing out extension first?

I am skeptical this is happening before the season starts at this point.  

7 hours ago, offbyone said:

I just don't know how these trades will work because these are essentially going to be game-time trades.  All teams know that Trent Williams wants a new contract.  How do you make a game time trade without ironing out extension first?

I am skeptical this is happening before the season starts at this point.  

Really puzzling comments to make by McCloughan to the Redskins media......I'd say he's pandering right now, but don't know the reason.  Keim and others have reported that the Redskins want just second round value and even that is hard to come by right now.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Really puzzling comments to make by McCloughan to the Redskins media......I'd say he's pandering right now, but don't know the reason.  Keim and others have reported that the Redskins want just second round value and even that is hard to come by right now.  

It may be hard to get but knowing SM was a GM for some pretty good organizations I think it's fair to say he's knows what Value Trent offers to teams. Wether we get that compensation is unsure. But again I stand on we shouldn't let Trent go for anything less than a 2nd round pick. I don't care if it's in 2021. His position and where he ranks at his positon makes his Value High for any team getting him. Or he stays and plays his final year here. This is how a good GM is suppose to be thinking in this situation. As well as a Good HC who wants to send a message to players. Same as the Jags are doing with their DE. All player's can't just complain their way out of a SIGNED Contract. This is where the Business side takes over. It's not a Smart/Good Business decision for Trent to sit out 2 consecutive seasons. This adds leverage to the Skins holding Trent if not compensated fairly. 

13 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Much thanks to him for propping up the Trent's value.  McCloughan, no doubt, is taking the opportunity to grab a little media attention.  Saying something positive about a player is not a bad way to do it.  I hope he is right and we are all surprised.

40 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’d give up Njoku and a 3rd for Trent and a 7th.

I think that would be a good deal for both squads. I do believe it needs to be fair both ways. You are getting a guy who hasn’t played in over a year and you have to pay him so I understand the angst. He’s my favorite player on the team so I’m pretty bummed it’s come to this but if he does end up there at least I can still cheer from afar. 

• Like 1

On 4/20/2020 at 4:52 PM, HTTRDynasty said:

They’ve sat on that stance for almost year.  At some point you have to wake up to reality and move to something else if you actually want better than a 5th round comp for your pro bowl LT in 2022 when he leaves you after this season.