Williams Asks for Extension or Trade

LoganF89

If & when Trent gets traded?

I see it possibly being a trade with LOTS of conditions.

We want appropriate compensation.

Nobody wants to fork over draft picks with his red flags, but know he's good.

So I see condition picks coming with Trent.

Like say a 4th this 2020 draft & a 4th in 2021 draft. (That could be a 2nd or 3rd rounder) depending on percentage of playing time, accolades, etc.

Just a guess...

Teams don't want to get burned by him & we don't want to give him up for nothing.

I'll be shocked, if there are no conditions in his trade.

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I wonder if we could use our third plus Trent to get back into the second round? Maybe say Trent + 3rd for mid second and a 6th? Might not be worth it but if someone we like is falling that should be on the table. 

Cept-- we usually pick better in round 3 than 2 !

23 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I wonder if we could use our third plus Trent to get back into the second round? Maybe say Trent + 3rd for mid second and a 6th? Might not be worth it but if someone we like is falling that should be on the table. 

I like that idea. It could allow us to get Cole Kmet, Michael Pittman or KJ Hamler.

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Sounds like we are giving up quite a bit more in that trade than the other ones that have been talked about with Williams.  Plus, we can't pick in the second round, so I'm not inclined to trade back into it, especially with the talent that should still be available at 3-2.  If you move Trent and a 3rd, you should be talking a late first or an early second.  

Someone more familiar with draft pick values, feel free to chime in on that one. 

23 hours ago, mtmmike said:

I will trade you Vernon for him that's about it and then only if he reports.

You guys don't have much we want other than picks.  I would take your 2 3rd round picks.  I would consider OBJ.  

But bottom line is we aren't going to give him away just to get rid of him.  If we were willing to do that you would already have him.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, offbyone said:

You guys don't have much we want other than picks.  I would take your 2 3rd round picks.  I would consider OBJ.  

But bottom line is we aren't going to give him away just to get rid of him.  If we were willing to do that you would already have him.  

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f295693b76380d28794b4

And just found this on that Vikings site.

VikingsVictorious
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Trent Williams

Post Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:59 pm

This just posted by a friend of mine on Talk Vikes.

Bruce Johnson

I just found this:

John Keim who covers the Redskins thinks they will trade Trent Williams to Minnesota

(Vikings Spin on Twitter)

And this:

Trent Williams will be a Viking by the end of the draft.

(Vikings Central on Twitter)
Update rumors are a 2nd round pick in 2021.
  • Like 1