Williams Asks for Extension or Trade

LoganF89

https://www.espn.com/blog/tampa-bay-buccaneers/post/_/id/23634/tom-brady-lures-rob-gronkowski-showing-bucs-all-in-to-win-hometown-super-bowl

A source told ESPN that the Bucs were in discussions to trade Howard two months ago to the Washington Redskins in exchange for offensive tackle Trent Williams, but talks fell through. The Bucs have until May 5 to determine if they'll pick up the fifth-year option on Howard's contract for 2021.

Source: Regarding LT Trent Williams: There's "an opportunity to have something done shortly." I'm told there's been "some really good constructive conversations" and there is "hope to get it done soon." My understanding is, it's a positive situation & the process is ongoing.

7 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Dan Patrick: Trent Williams will be traded for a 1st round pick@dpshow

Please be true! 🙏

5 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Miami's late 1st?

Hmm

Highly doubt it but if we were to somehow land a 1st for Trent I would have to think it would be to the Vikings. Trent and a 4th for their 1st.

or maybe SF they have the 31st pick 

• Like 1

Looks like we’re getting saved here where interest from multiple teams probably will get us at least a higher round in compensation.

Id love for us to land Njoku or OJH with this deal.  The major issue teams + WAS will have to deal with is being able to complete physicals before tomorrow assuming draft capital is involved. 

Lets also not forget that OT is now a glaring hole.  I would look to get 2nd round compensation and draft a OT with that pick.  I dunno if I could pass a WR like Reagor or Mims though if they somehow fell to us though

4 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

Highly doubt it but if we were to somehow land a 1st for Trent I would have to think it would be to the Vikings. Trent and a 4th for their 1st.

Yea, would think it would be to a team that 1st, has a need.

2nd, has 2-1st round picks

That would be...

Miami=18 or 26 (not getting 5)

Minnesota=22 or 25

49ers=31 (not getting 13)

Jacksonville=20 (not getting 9)

And Jacksonville hasn't even sniffed Trent Williams direction.

Browns & Bucs only have 1 first each. So if Trent is going there? I would have to believe a player is involved...

I don't think the 49ers are involved, but not impossible either.

I think it's the Vikings & secretly Miami with their late 26 pick possibly.

That pick probably doesn't land Wills, Wirfs, Becton or Thomas. 

And Trent is better than all of them.

20 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

No chance he brings back a first. Not at this point. 

11 minutes ago, tredaddy said:

Looks like we’re getting saved here where interest from multiple teams probably will get us at least a higher round in compensation.

Id love for us to land Njoku or OJH with this deal.  The major issue teams + WAS will have to deal with is being able to complete physicals before tomorrow assuming draft capital is involved. 

Lets also not forget that OT is now a glaring hole.  I would look to get 2nd round compensation and draft a OT with that pick.  I dunno if I could pass a WR like Reagor or Mims though if they somehow fell to us though

I really like OT Austin Jackson/USC. 6'5" 310.

If we could land a 2nd, he could be a steal, imo.

2 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Just read the Redskins have "closed the window" on trade talks. So he's back with us or sits . No winners here >:(

I think it just means they aren't going to cater to his needs/desires on destination/extension anymore. They're going to do whatever the team feels is best for them. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I really like OT Austin Jackson/USC. 6'5" 310.

If we could land a 2nd, he could be a steal, imo.

I think he goes in the 1st. I'm pretty dang sure of it. The Top 4, him, and Jones all go Round 1. Maybe Wilson.