Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

4 minutes ago, Duluther said:

Jano was never a HB for us. Never even lined up there. He was just a FB who was actually given the ball on the old trap and belly plays.

He was an absolute beast though. Even as a FB, he’s my favorite college player in a looong time. Strong as an ox, fast and agile for a FB, great blocker, and a quiet leader. His first touch in the NFL (week 1 game vs Panthers) was like a 20+ yarder.

They sure seemed to use him a lot by giving him the ball in running situations. I remember when he came out and looking into him he took snaps lined up as a traditional RB next to the QB. Like a change of pace RB when he wasnt blocking? Thought he was described as a hybrid type out of Nebraska, maybe Im misthinking

Edited by AkronsWitness

14 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Offense looks like it has a direction. It finally seems like the Browns are going to have some some semblance of a offensive identity for the first time since I was born.

Not sure whats taking the Browns so long to dip their toes in the defensive side of the pool. There are many good safetys still available. Bell/Jenkins/Parks/Jospeh can all be had. Just need to start acting 

you could be right but right now this defense will be the 30th ranked defense in the nfl even if  they went 1-3 rounds on linebackers and safeties

Edited by mtmmike
duplication

10 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Yeah he’s more just a traditional FB. He CAN catch but he’s really just there to run through people and be crazy. We had another FB who was more of a hybrid type.

That was my issue with him in DEN. When they gave him the ball, good things usually happened and he was capable, they just wernt consistent with it. Always thought there was some more untapped potential there but they just never consistently got into it. He was valuable as a blocker for Lindsay. Only issue is he often ended up injured. Maybe CLE can find a nice balance of having him be a lead blocker and get him some more touches in space so hes not smashing himself into oblivion 20x per game.

Edited by AkronsWitness

7 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

They sure seemed to use him a lot by giving him the ball in running situations. I remember when he came out and looking into him he took snaps lined up as a traditional RB next to the QB. Like a change of pace RB when he wasnt blocking? Thought he was described as a hybrid type out of Nebraska, maybe Im misthinking

Perhaps I shouldn’t be so hasty in saying he never lined up there (though if he ever did, it was mainly as the sole back and to pass block).

But yeah, if he comes back from that nasty as heck injury, you’ll be very happy with all phases of his game.

39 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Anybody else concerned that we would have to trade a top 75 pick AND pay a premium price tag for a 29 year old Safety who has 1 year of starting experience?

Or why not the 97th pick? Yeah he has one year of starting experience but has played in a lot of games over his career and the lone year he started he was a beast. Also was good enough to be tagged with a 2nd rd tender the year before he was a starter. If he wasn’t worth it I bet Stef would be refusing the move saying it’s not worth it

8 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Or why not the 97th pick? Yeah he has one year of starting experience but has played in a lot of games over his career and the lone year he started he was a beast. Also was good enough to be tagged with a 2nd rd tender the year before he was a starter. If he wasn’t worth it I bet Stef would be refusing the move saying it’s not worth it

IDK hes still not a proven commodity and he would come at a much more costly price tag (and older) than other guys out there . I would much rather roll the dice on a younger guy like Karl Joseph who would carry much less risk with still a high reward without forfeiting draft picks+ lots of cap room.

But then again, what the hell do I know Harris might be a pro bowler for the next 4 years.

Edited by AkronsWitness

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

"Small snag" aka this is my out if my guess is completely wrong :D

He Broke the Sean Lee and Bulaga deals before Schefter.

also the contract has been the issue about the trade potential since the Vikings stated they were tagging and trading him

Edited by buno67