Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

NFL free agency officially begins with the dawning of a new league year at 4 p.m. ET on Wednesday, March 18.

Some rumors on the Packers wanting Schobert:

The fate of the Green Bay Packers inside linebacker position is still being decided and Blake Martinez isn’t the only name in play.

According to multiple agents who have been tracking the free-agent market, the Packers are exploring what it would take to sign former Wisconsin inside linebacker Joe Schobert of the Cleveland Browns.

I haven’t read much on Randall

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2020/2/26/21154202/cleveland-browns-free-agent-review-fs-damarious-randall

Jets are notorious for throwing around big $$$$. They’re after Jack Conklin.

According to Tony Pauline of Pro Football Network, the New York Jets are preparing to make a big push for pending free agent offensive tackle Jack Conklin. The Jets have an offensive line full of issues and find themselves potentially out of position to draft one of the top players in the class at the 11th pick overall. Conklin is 25 years old and would be entering the market as the best option in free agency.

Anthony Harris and chris Harris are the top names I’ve heard connected to us. Chris with connections to joe woods and Harris with stefanski. They’d be massive upgrades in the secondary. 

id rather have keenum than chase Daniels. Chase has done nothing his entire career I don’t know what teams infatuation with him is. 

Conklin might get priced out. Scherff is going to get tagged. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Mary Kay expects Joe Schoebert to NOT be retained per sources.

I’ve got mixed feelings because I simply think linebackers are as valuable as runningbacks.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/1233894387001757697

He has to be seeking too much money. Can’t remember the one contract site that gives valuations based off of stats, say Scho is worth around $8.5m. I’d be fine paying him in the $10m range but he is prolly seeking north of $12-$14m

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

He has to be seeking too much money. Can’t remember the one contract site that gives valuations based off of stats, say Scho is worth around $8.5m. I’d be fine paying him in the $10m range but he is prolly seeking north of $12-$14m

Makes me wonder if Kirksey is on the chopping block.

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Franchise tag.