Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

9 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Well you guys are late, so you can’t be totally sure. Your first case broke at the end of February. Where others got hit first. Took 19 days to get 20 confirmed cases in NZ. Took little over a month to get 20 in the US. Don’t assume your out of the thick just yet

I have no doubt that we will be affected by it, it seems like this is going to be a disease endemic to humans. It will be the busiests working uear of my life i presume. I would be surpised if we go the route of italybor china. 

We got through sars well compared to the rest of the world, same with H1N1. 

Our distance, small population offers us some protection from things like this. 

Our most populous city has a population of 1.5 million but a very low density relative to large cities. We are not great place for a hot bed of disease like dense cities.

But f knows really i could be 100% incorrect.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/120368742/coronavirus-has-an-achilles-heel-and-we-can-exploit-it

Edited by Kiwibrown

7 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Well you guys are late, so you can’t be totally sure. Your first case broke at the end of February. Where others got hit first. Took 19 days to get 20 confirmed cases in NZ. Took little over a month to get 20 in the US. Don’t assume your out of the thick just yet

I actually feel like we are at a real critical point right now. It’s just been confirmed in a high school with 150 people that came into close contact with that student. They all have to self isolate but there was a few days where they potentially had it and didn’t know. They are all being tested currently. It could be all good or it could be about to explode 

8 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

I actually feel like we are at a real critical point right now. It’s just been confirmed in a high school with 150 people that came into close contact with that student. They all have to self isolate but there was a few days where they potentially had it and didn’t know. They are all being tested currently. It could be all good or it could be about to explode 

The reality is you want covid 19 to spread throguh the population, it needs to be a controlled burn and not a wild fire. 

Im guessing that is why we did not immediately close borders. 

It is probably endemic disease to humans now, so it is not a casenof if you get it, but when you get it.

8 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

The reality is you want covid 19 to spread throguh the population, it needs to be a controlled burn and not a wild fire. 

It is probably endemic disease to humans now, so it is not a casenof if you get it, but when you get it.

Might be true, but the fact is the US as a whole is not at all prepared to have a 'controlled wildfire' with the pandemic. Its like the feeling of waking up in the morning and finding out you forgot about the test you have today and didnt study for.

Much more of a 'welp lets see what happens and we'll figure it out as we go' type of feeling.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Might be true, but the fact is the US as a whole is not at all prepared to have a 'controlled wildfire' with the pandemic. Its like the feeling of waking up in the morning and finding out you forgot about the test you have today and didnt study for.

Much more of a 'welp lets see what happens and we'll figure it out as we go' type of feeling.

Yeah, it is scary times for everyone. Im guessing it is the biggest global event since ww2.

We have a centralized health system which is has its advantages at a time like this. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Relatively speaking we are free from Corona on a per capita basis compared to the rest of the west. We will have aflat curve at this stage. 

20 is nothing, not a strain on the health system at all. 

My tiny state (about half the population of NZ) had it's first positive case today. WV was the last state to have a confirmed case. That is one per 1.8 million people. NZ is one per 210,000, You dirty folks stay away from WV.

(United states as a whole is one case per about 79,000 so there is still a higher percentage of Kiwis with the virus than Americans.)

Edited by Thomas5737
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

My tiny state (about half the population of NZ) had it's first positive case today. WV was the last state to have a confirmed case. That is one per 1.8 million people. NZ is one per 210,000, You dirty folks stay away from WV.

We dont even know where or what it is.

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Confirmed cases mean absolutely nothing when so few have been tested.  There are likely a hundred thousand unconfirmed cases in the US.  Good times!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Well the goal is to delay many people getting it until the vaccine is available. It really isn't about beating it as much as protecting those at a real risk until we can add it to a flu shot or however it will be done.

• Like 1