GDT Week 3: Cowboys v. Cardinals on MNF

D82

Just now, CAPJ said:

Defense has really stepped up since the first 2 drives. 

We need to do more no huddles and get Dak out on roll outs.

No they havent. Theyve just confused palmer with 8 man coverages and  3 man rushes. We have seen this before - have also seen this become a troublesome coverage once the QB figures it out.

Score really masks that we were beaten up pretty bad that half.  Dawson's missed FG seems to have given us some life.  Defense in particular has stepped it up since.  Lawrence has been all over Veldheer.  Like what I see from Woods and Lewis.

Offensively, Dak will have to start making defenses pay with his arm.  Then we can see less stacked boxes for Zeke to run against.  OL doesn't look the same so far though it is early in the year.  I think they'll get right eventually.  Lastly, I would be trying to move Dez around to get him some matchups with someone other than Patrick Peterson.

5 minutes ago, roysmyboy31 said:

Score really masks that we were beaten up pretty bad that half.  Dawson's missed FG seems to have given us some life.  Defense in particular has stepped it up since.  Lawrence has been all over Veldheer.  Like what I see from Woods and Lewis.

Offensively, Dak will have to start making defenses pay with his arm.  Then we can see less stacked boxes for Zeke to run against.  OL doesn't look the same so far though it is early in the year.  I think they'll get right eventually.  Lastly, I would be trying to move Dez around to get him some matchups with someone other than Patrick Peterson.

There were not many stacked boxes honestly. Arizona always plays Mathieu like a linebacker. This is their normal coverage set. He dropped out several times on runs for losses.

Fredrick has been a revolving door for DTs and Martin is over compensating for poor play on both sides of him. The interior ofnthe OL is generating no room for Zeke. Has nothing to do with an 8 man front..And when there is an 8 man front, you think Emmitt, Adrian, Dorsett, Sanders etc always ran against clean 7 man boxes? This line needs to make space regardless.

7 minutes ago, roysmyboy31 said:

Yep. Dak has to make something happen with his arm and....not be afraid to check out of run plays. 

Archived