Broncos trade for CB A.J. Bouye from the Jags

49erurtaza

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I don’t think anyone in their right mind would take on Foles contract. They’d have to give the OTHER team a 2nd Round pick lmao. 

Still shocked the Jags gave him that. He may have won the SB but it was clear as day on tape, as a starting QB (I do think he’s a starter and not a backup) he’s in the 30-32 range. 

19 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

He was completely money for the Texans at nickel

He played boundary for the Texans, Kareem Jackson was the slot CB on nickel formations. He only got into the lineup once Kevin Johnson was lost for the season with a lisfranc injury in 2016, his prior seasons were inconsistent at best.

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Why would the Jags give so much money to a nickel corner, to play outside? They are completely different positions. 

He played outside for the Texans in 2016.

Edit: 2016, not 15.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Why would the Jags give so much money to a nickel corner, to play outside? They are completely different positions. 

I may be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure he played outside for the Texans in '16.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

He was a top a legit top 3-5 corner outside in 2017.

He was a young ascending player in Houston. Houston took Colvin and played him outside after signing him in FA (just didn't work out).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

An I thinking of 2015 then? 

Even then, he was a dime guy - Jonathan Joseph, Kareem Jackson were 1/2, and Kareem would kick inside to the slot and Kevin Johnson would play the boundary.

Most of his snaps were ST back in 2015.

Hasn’t played all that well since that playoff run, but same can be said for a handful of other Jaguars with talent. Probably just needs a change of scenery, Bouye will have his chance behind Miller/Chubb, with Fangio running the scene. Jags clear some cap and get a pick. 

Win-win.

Just now, ET80 said:

Even then, he was a dime guy - Jonathan Joseph, Kareem Jackson were 1/2, and Kareem would kick inside to the slot and Kevin Johnson would play the boundary.

Most of his snaps were ST back in 2015.

PFF claims he played 648 snaps at nickel in 2015.