TE: Herndon/Griffin  

RT: Edoga  
RG: Winters RB: Bell
C: McGovern QB: Darnold
LG: Lewis  
LT: Fant  

Y: Crowder  

Z: Enunwa?  

• OL: Draft one in round 1, sign another G in free agency, draft another iOL in the mid rounds. All out competition for 4-of-5 spots. 
  • Z: Ideally replace Enunwa with a veteran (Dorsett/Sanders/Cooks) and a draft pick. Dorsett would be a really nice under-the-radar signing because of his versatility - he can play all 3 spots.
  • X: need to either re-sign Robby or add a stop-gap X via FA (Perriman/Dorsett). If you sign Robby the team can focus on a Z early in the draft; if not, the Jets need to find an adequate long-term split end early. 
  • RB: team likes Adams and Dixon, but adding some juice there would be smart. 

We really don’t have much at WR. Right now it’s just really Crowder. Considering the modest spending we’ve made on the OL, I’m hoping to sign Robby and Dorsett. Dorsett seems like the perfect Gase player. And we would have crazy speed on the field. I would still double dip in the draft at WR with either both our 3rds or a 3rd and 4th.

Edited by SDotNova

8 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

We really don’t have much at WR. Right now it’s just really Crowder. Considering the modest spending we’ve made on the OL, I’m hoping to sign Robby and Dorsett. Dorsett seems like the perfect Gase player. And we would have crazy speed on the field. I would still double dip in the draft at WR with either both our 3rds or a 3rd and 4th.

Why would we wait til the 3rd to draft a WR? Even with Robby back, our WR crop isn’t that good. A top draft talent within the 1st or 2nd to replace Demaryius Thomas would do wonders.

Idc “how” deep this WR class is. The lower the rounds, the lower the success rate on hitting because we’re at the mercy of teams before us choosing guys we like and have to settle.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DowNY said:

Why would we wait til the 3rd to draft a WR? Even with Robby back, our WR crop isn’t that good. A top draft talent within the 1st or 2nd to replace Demaryius Thomas would do wonders.

Idc “how” deep this WR class is. The lower the rounds, the lower the success rate on hitting because we’re at the mercy of teams before us choosing guys we like and have to settle.

Exactly... last deep WR class we drafted Pryor Round 1 bc we thought the draft was so deep and missed out on guys like Cooks. Then even in Round 2 drafted Amaro thinking the class was deep missing out on guys like Adams, Landry, AR15. We still then waiting and drafted McDougle in Round 3 missing out on John Brown or Moncrief. We then finally drafted 2 WRs in Round 4 that we’re both HUGE flops in Saunders and Evans. And even with that we missed on an obvious choice in Bryant.

Point being... waiting in deep classes at a position isn’t the best. Draft as close as you can to sure things (why I love Jeudy). The longer we wait the less the talent and less the odds of the guy succeeding.

JD is a different GM I get it. But there’s no validity to point to saying he WILL draft a WR in Round 1 or 2. I’d actually nearly guarantee we won’t go WR in Round 1. And I’d say at this stage... there’s a 33% chance we go WR in Round 2 (edge, CB or OL). Factor in the odds of that WR even being good... I don’t like the chances.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Exactly... last deep WR class we drafted Pryor Round 1 bc we thought the draft was so deep and missed out on guys like Cooks. Then even in Round 2 drafted Amaro thinking the class was deep missing out on guys like Adams, Landry, AR15. We still then waiting and drafted McDougle in Round 3 missing out on John Brown or Moncrief. We then finally drafted 2 WRs in Round 4 that we’re both HUGE flops in Saunders and Evans. And even with that we missed on an obvious choice in Bryant.

Point being... waiting in deep classes at a position isn’t the best. Draft as close as you can to sure things (why I love Jeudy). The longer we wait the less the talent and less the odds of the guy succeeding.

JD is a different GM I get it. But there’s no validity to point to saying he WILL draft a WR in Round 1 or 2. I’d actually nearly guarantee we won’t go WR in Round 1. And I’d say at this stage... there’s a 33% chance we go WR in Round 2 (edge, CB or OL). Factor in the odds of that WR even being good... I don’t like the chances.

Unfortunately you are correct. However, for fans' sake, please don't assume that JD won't draft WR until first 2 tiers of WR are off the board.  

Edited by JetsandI

46 minutes ago, DowNY said:

Im not against going WR in round 1 or 2. I just would like us to go OLine with those picks (assuming the value is there of course). We really only have one sure thing (McGovern) on the OLine. Guys like Fant, Lewis and Edoga are border line starters. Our WR situation is a mess also. So it all comes down to what you prefer to fix with those premium picks. We’re either going into the season thin at WR or thin at OL.

So in my perfect world, we finish patching up the offense. Then go OL OL WR WR in the draft. Again assuming the right player is there.

Edited by SDotNova

Just now, JetsandI said:

They were stacked last year, bro.    Jets have what?  Empty nest.

I'm just saying if our first 3 picks are OL, Weapon, Weapon then its good for the offense.

We dont have an empty nest, we have talent but its complimentary talent.

Its like guys expect us to add all these elite pieces in 2 days.