? Week 3 GDT @ Panthers - Noon CST - Three And Out?

Dome

usa_today_10288839.0.jpg

A picture is worth a thousand words. If this isn't a VERY competitive game I think Loomis very quietly starts sending out feelers for Sean Payton. A Payton trade is unlikely but would be a HUGE step in the right direct.

Last game without Snead. Any word out there on Strief or Armstead?

I looks as though the losing skid will continue. Payton obviously (and even said in his presser) doesn't know what to do.

That said, I hope the forum activity stays at a high level. We always see a drop off, but this group is pretty fun. It would be a bummer to see it dwindle.

8 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

I just hope this game in on Fox because CBS is terrible on my TV for some reason.  

I assume NFC games are still on Fox?

It will be a FOX game, but Tony Romo on CBS was outstanding. You should have heard him burning Vaccarro to the ground. "That's a cover 3, and you need to cover (specific area) and he was nowhere to be found" and "That's a cover 2, and he was so far out of position, I'll be surprised if he's on the field for the next series!". AND he was right. 

I actually already don't care. 2 weeks might be a new record for me. Football has went from my favorite to least favorite (among ones that I like) sport over the last few years (mostly because of the increase in penalties but there are other reasons) and the Saints being bad doesn't help my interest. 

Let's go Pels. Can't wait to see a season of Boogie and The Brow woop woop. 

Astros are also gearing up for a post season run. Why care about the Saints when I have a very exciting Pels team to watch and a team that's one of the 3 favorites to win the World Series? Just can't be arsed with football right now lol.

15 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

"should be" is right. Then again, I thought that about week 1 and 2, so...........

Not so sure about that... The Panthers might be the best defense we faced so far (I think they are) and any offense can throw up 30 on our defense. 

Panthers 31 - Saints 17

6 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

Not so sure about that... The Panthers might be the best defense we faced so far (I think they are) and any offense can throw up 30 on our defense. 

Panthers 31 - Saints 17

With Greg Olsen, that score is likely. With Olsen out though, I think they can contain the Panther's passing game (not greatly but more than usual). I'm not sure why, but I feel good about this game

4 hours ago, BossierWhoDat said:

With Greg Olsen, that score is likely. With Olsen out though, I think they can contain the Panther's passing game (not greatly but more than usual). I'm not sure why, but I feel good about this game

Yep... A couple guys said that before last weeks game. 

Keeping the Panthers from putting up 31 is more than likely possible, especially without Olson.

Getting our offense to score on that defense, that's another feat all together.

This is the league's worst defense (Saints) taking on Cam Newton, McCaffrey, Stewart, and 6'5" Kelvin Benjamin - against;
The league's best defense (Panthers), only allowing 6 points so far this season, and ZERO points in the 1st half. Now, this was against the 49ers and Bills, but to hold any team out of the endzone 2 weeks in a row... that's scary. 

#15 scoring offense (Saints) vs.
#20 scoring offense (Panthers). We have to hope for an "exposure" game on that Panther's D if we hope to win anything more than a 12-10 slugfest.

58 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

Keeping the Panthers from putting up 31 is more than likely possible, especially without Olson.

Yes, I'm seeing a low score on both sides with Saints squeaking out a win. Or the Panthers put up 40 on us and we manage about 20 points. Who knows anymore lol

1 hour ago, Mid Iowa said:

This is the league's worst defense (Saints) taking on Cam Newton, McCaffrey, Stewart, and 6'5" Kelvin Benjamin - against;
The league's best defense (Panthers), only allowing 6 points so far this season, and ZERO points in the 1st half. Now, this was against the 49ers and Bills, but to hold any team out of the endzone 2 weeks in a row... that's scary. 

#15 scoring offense (Saints) vs.
#20 scoring offense (Panthers). We have to hope for an "exposure" game on that Panther's D if we hope to win anything more than a 12-10 slugfest.

I think the Vikings defense is better than the Panthers. They went up against our offense and the Steelers in back to back weeks so the stats might not reflect it. However the Panthers have had bad teams in Buffalo and the 49ers. Not to say they aren't a tough defense but it's no different than going up against the Vikings defense which if we capitalized on our redzone chances could have had a pretty good game offensively.

I think this is our easiest game so far this season and is our best chance to get a win

Archived