Week 3 GDT vs Da BEARS.

JDLefebvre

Just now, CKSteeler said:

Stranger part is that some of the staff was out there and Villanueva was in the tunnel hand on heart. Kind of defeats the purpose of staying inside to me. But it prevents certain players from being singled out for criticism so I get Tomlin's decision.

Tomlin, Haley, Munchak and Saxon were on the field for the anthem.  Sounds like there were other players in the tunnel with AV, but they focused on him because of the background and all.

Just now, CKSteeler said:

Stranger part is that some of the staff was out there and Villanueva was in the tunnel hand on heart. Kind of defeats the purpose of staying inside to me. But it prevents certain players from being singled out for criticism so I get Tomlin's decision.

That's what I heard...I was late turning on the game cause I was getting some beer. 

All it did say was single out Villy in the end tho.

Just now, AlanFanecaFan said:

That's what I heard...I was late turning on the game cause I was getting some beer. 

Cheap attention grab by CBS no doubt.  I bet there were some others right there with him.

Just now, AlanFanecaFan said:

No one is going to criticize him for being in the tunnel. But guys who did something on the field would have taken heat. From the perspective of a football coach managing an entire team, I get Tomlin's thought process. It was about avoiding attacks on his players.

1 minute ago, Chieferific said:

Unless you drank it all last night, that's just poor planning.

Only drank a few last night but with the way the game is going so far, I'm going to drink til I can't feel feelings anymore.

Archived