So....curious.....anyone here have friends or family with Corona

HDsportsfan

My father -in-law tested negative for Covid the other day. He died at 3:13 pm on March 31st 2020.

No Covid but death still from "ARDS"

the virus prevented us from seeing him

the ******* hospital wouldn't let us in. It's been a **** day. He went from ICU to intermediate care. They had a discharge plan. Then the gd Covid hit. They first stopped all overnight visitors. Which made him nervous because he was concerned about the nurses being attentive enough overnight. Patients have that call button but they can't always hit it 

Then they stopped all visitors completely.

We learned through telephone that he regressed from intermediate care back to ICU. Then he died. His wife and children were allowed back in the hospital earlier today to say goodbye. Then it was over.

Although he tested negative for Covid before he died, I can't help but think the absolutely necessary precautions that were taken to keep visitors out of the hospital aided his decline.

#****cancer

#****Covid2020

Edited by DaBoys

12 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

So sorry for your loss @DaBoys

Seconded. Just awful.

White House came out last night and predicted that “100,000 to 240,000” Americans will die from COVID-19. If Trump is saying that, at minimum, 100k people are going to die here because of this, I’m guessing the final number is going to be in the millions.

7 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Thanks guys. What a week this has been

Hang n there bud....and your wife of course. He's in a better place.

My mom is in hospice at an assisted living facility. We can visit but we have to wear gloves and a mask that we need to provide. It's totally F'ed.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2020 at 7:45 PM, WizardHawk said:

My niece and her family are all in quarantine as of Friday morning. My sister is on the watch list now as due to poor health for a variety of reasons. 

Take care of yourself and your family WH.  Crazy times indeed.  Never thought I would see the day where we would all be dealing with something like this.  I'm not religious but I will think good thoughts for you and yours.  Cheers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Thanks guys. What a week this has been

I got very choked up reading your original post.  Just an awful tragedy.  We only know each other through this site but for what it is worth you have my condolences.  Take care of yourself and your family.  I can't imagine what you are going through.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Northland said:

I got very choked up reading your original post.  Just an awful tragedy.  We only know each other through this site but for what it is worth you have my condolences.  Take care of yourself and your family.  I can't imagine what you are going through.

Crazy times,  my man