Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

Just now, D82 said:

If the "hoax" or "it won't affect me" mentality perseveres, going to make things a lot more difficult. 

they're still going strong in rural communities

i'm making assuming conservative rural communities have similar mindsets to get there though.

the rural community i've been apart of this week are treating this like the scary clowns a few years back

6 minutes ago, Dome said:

they're still going strong in rural communities

We live in a rural community. Deep “hoax” type of mindset here. I mentioned earlier that my girlfriend is a doctor doing non-essential health care for a group that is ~80% 65 and older. For her typically, a light afternoon that only happens once or so a month is three patients. She had three patients for the entire day today, everyone else cancelled.

So maybe they’re starting to take things seriously now that the messaging on their favorite channel has finally flipped.

Edited by pwny

15 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

What do people think of the speculation that the Coronavirus has already hit way before this?  I was reading some speculation that this came around this time last year and my own personal experience has me hoping it's true.  February 2019 I was hit with the NASTIEST respiratory infection and nastiest sickness of my life.  Tested negative for influenza, but I felt like I was going to die.  So much phlegm I could fill a milk gallon, zero energy, zero appetite.  Had to be put on steroids to recover.  

Same time February this year same thing.  Only difference this year is that I've been taking Allegra and it kept my sinuses from being way loaded.  Managed to recover in about a week. 

Wishful thinking? 

I think it’s wishful thinking imo.

Pretty much everywhere this has hit has placed a massive strain on the healthcare system and with very specific and critical symptoms to specific patient populations.

I can’t see how it would have been here, had no discernible impact than then made its way around again only to cause such havoc.

56 minutes ago, Dome said:

So did all our big stores in the area 

im worried about the small stores in small towns where the selection of man power is limited to a couple thousand residents, but people from the big city are still coming in droves because they want to get out of the city to shop 

I don’t know that our town has the population to support a big turnover like that, especially if the people who could do it have already got jobs at the bigger stores

Do the stores not operate online and delivery over there?

14 minutes ago, animaltested said:

As long as you are not moderate or high risk, COVID has the pretty much the same recovery techniques as flu and/or cold. 

This is true. However, it’s worth noting that a Spanish soccer coach, who was 21 and seemingly perfectly healthy, died because he had early stage Leukemia and had no idea he had it.

The odds are low, but any one of us could be high risk and have absolutely no clue. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Dome said:

I don’t like milk all that more, and I definitely don’t like milk that’s been frozen. My grandma used to do that and it’s noticable

no idea about cheeses and yogurts 

You can freeze most cheese, even the good stuff.

American cheese probably has a half life of a thousand years or so anyway.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I can’t see how it would have been here, had no discernible impact than then made its way around again only to cause such havoc.

Yeah. WHO was concerned about the outbreak in Wuhan extremely early in the process, before we had even 50 total cases. There’s absolutely no way they missed an entire season of this with how quickly they were on it this time.

Edited by pwny

13 minutes ago, Dome said:

if that embed isn't working...

some chick posted a video of her playing a kissing game with a bunch of guys at a beach for some social media fame

some people were telling how dumb it was to be doing that right now, but she and others defended it smh

1 minute ago, August4th said:

some chick posted a video of her playing a kissing game with a bunch of guys at a beach for some social media fame

some people were telling how dumb it was to be doing that right now, but she and others defended it smh

There's that TikTok of the girl licking a toliet seat for "Coronavirus Challenge". 

Zoomers are something else.