Sign in to follow this  
RaidersAreOne

49ers trade Buckner to Colts

You guys will love him as a player. 

I Love This Trade. 

Been a fan of Buckner since he came out and not at all upset about the money. 

Sheard is likely not coming back, but we could move Denico Autry out to LE in the meantime while we decide if Banogu is ready. Turay can spell Houston for the year, depending on when he is ready to go from his injury. 

Doing my happy dance! Watch the play of our LB's this season. Hell, the entire back 7 for that matter. 

Posted (edited)

I was wanting the Colts to draft Kinlaw at #13 but now the Colts get the best of both worlds, they get a proven NFL beast for the same pick.  Good move all around.  I could also see Ballard leveraging this and if there is someone they think/know the Bengals are targeting in the 2nd round, they could trade with SF to get pick 30.

Edited by coffeedrinker

2 hours ago, coffeedrinker said:

I was wanting the Colts to draft Kinlaw at #13 but now the Colts get the best of both worlds, they get a proven NFL beast for the same pick.  Good move all around.  I could also see Ballard leveraging this and if there is someone they think/know the Bengals are targeting in the 2nd round, they could trade with SF to get pick 30.

Yes, that could happen. Ballard is a trade down and grow the pick numbers guy, but he is bucking his trends this draft, and there may be a player he wants. 

Just now, Warhorse said:

Yes, that could happen. Ballard is a trade down and grow the pick numbers guy, but he is bucking his trends this draft, and there may be a player he wants. 

I don't think it will happen because, as you say, he has been more of a trade back/acquire picks.  I'm just thinking back to last year where he said in the draft they had a few blue chip prospects and Ya-Sin was one of them.  So, if a blue-chip prospect is there and they get word there is a good chance the Chiefs or Bengals will draft that player, they can call of SF and remind them they just took Buckner's money off the books for them and work out a pretty good deal.  #44 and swap 4th rounders.