The NOT Too Early 2018 NFL Draft Thread

turtle28

Mike Mayock, a guy whose opinion I respect gave us Vita Vea at pick 13. I love the idea of shiny offensive weapons on offense but he is the guy we need. The only exception for me is Minkah if available because he can do so many things in secondary, he single handedly creates depth for every DB position.

If we go in to 2018 with a D line of Vea, Allen, and Ionnidis then we have a line that can truly compete in the NFC EAST and that would be fine by me.

Told ya'll that Guice seemed to have some character issues. Apparently Guice made up NFL teams asking him if he was gay and if his mom was a prostitute.  What an idiot. He might be available in the 4th round now.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23317926/nfl-investigation-says-no-evidence-lsu-tigers-rb-derrius-guice-was-asked-invasive-questions-combine

23 minutes ago, taylor made said:

Told ya'll that Guice seemed to have some character issues. Apparently Guice made up NFL teams asking him if he was gay and if his mom was a prostitute.  What an idiot. He might be available in the 4th round now.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23317926/nfl-investigation-says-no-evidence-lsu-tigers-rb-derrius-guice-was-asked-invasive-questions-combine

Just so we’re clear here, we’re supposed to believe they didn’t ask him these questions because an NFL team said Guice admitted making them up? Did you really expect a team to come out and say “yeah, we asked if he liked dudes”? I don’t believe for one second he made this stuff up because it’s happened several times before to other prospects during combine interviews. The NFL is covering their own *** here. 

43 minutes ago, taylor made said:

Maybe it’s just a scout from San Francisco looking for a little action?

8 hours ago, taylor made said:

Wait a minute, do the math here... why would he make this up? That makes no sense. This is also NOT the first time the prostitute question has come up. You're really just going to take the NFL's word in the "investigation"?

4 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Does Josh Allen drop because it's tough to justify a QB with accuracy issues and racist tweets?

***Full disclosure - I haven't seen the tweets, just the headlines***

I don't think the tweets do anything to him tonight.

10 hours ago, Eric said:

Mike Mayock, a guy whose opinion I respect gave us Vita Vea at pick 13. I love the idea of shiny offensive weapons on offense but he is the guy we need. The only exception for me is Minkah if available because he can do so many things in secondary, he single handedly creates depth for every DB position.

If we go in to 2018 with a D line of Vea, Allen, and Ionnidis then we have a line that can truly compete in the NFC EAST and that would be fine by me.

and his quote for it was this: 

He's a freak. The key to his value is how much he'll actually play in sub package.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000928583/article/mike-mayocks-2018-nfl-mock-draft-bills-trade-up-for-josh-allen

Which is indeed.. key. If Washington determines that he has or will have the conditioning to stay on the field frequently in Nickel? then I have no issue with the top 15 value of the choice. :) 

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I don't think the tweets do anything to him tonight.

HA ! Really ? He's dropping-how far remains to be seen . This is BIG. 

Adam Schefter just said it won't have much effect. He also said the theory is someone dropped the bomb last night to get him to drop to them .. ( That would be unbelievable )

13 minutes ago, Eric said:

Wonder if Hankins signs today? That's really going to change some things if he does

Not sure what to think about this gamble from Hankins... and I'd be very surprised if he signs prior to Monday. 

There doesn't seem to be a ton of League interest in him at his price. Heck, he's only had a few visits at all, right? 

Archived