2020 NFL Draft: Discussion, Reports, Rumors, and Studies

jetskid007

51 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Jamal isn’t just a safety and that’s the thing. If he was just a great Centerfielder or a pure box guy I’d say yes I’d absolutely look to potentially make a move but he isn’t, he plays LB, CB, Slot, Edge, SS, FS. Him having such a high impact at all these areas to me make it borderline impossible to trade him.

And his impact isn’t just on the field

The locker room loves him

Every NFL player loves him

The NFL loves him

Marketing loves him

You want players like Jamal on your team because stars attract other stars. Players will sign with the Jets because they want to play with Jamal and the locker room that we create with Jamal.

Sign him, build with him, and manifest this generational energy for once

• Like 7

14 hours ago, rampantjet said:

The only real reason a guy might not be able to play on the outside is size  he's 6'2 so he's fine ,  and ability to get off of press,  he's amazing at getting off of press.   He can play anywhere. 

but he hasn't.  So how do you know that he can? And if he can, how do you know he can do so well?  Not so sure that it's a good idea to draft a WR and plan to use him in different ways he from what he has done throughout his young career.  I'd rather see his dad coaching some of the other prospects.  

Edited by dcat

18 minutes ago, dcat said:

but he hasn't.  So how do you know that he can? And if he can, how do you know he can do so well?  Not so sure that it's a good idea to draft a WR and plan to use him in different ways he from what he has done throughout his young career.  I'd rather see his dad coaching some of the other prospects.  

Go watch tape of him, he lined up outside plenty last year.  

38 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

My final board right now between the 4 OT and 3 WR.

1. Wirfs

2. Wills

3. Jeudy

4. Becton

5. Ruggs

6. Lamb

7. Thomas

My board is the exact same as of right now although I’m doing a lot more research on Thomas. He was billed as a top 3 pick and the consensus best OT in a stacked class.
Now he’s 4th/5th at best.

He’s still the first OT off the board on several nfl expert mock drafts though so maybe he still is looked as the #1 guy by people in the league. 

1 hour ago, xenajets said:

My board is the exact same as of right now although I’m doing a lot more research on Thomas. He was billed as a top 3 pick and the consensus best OT in a stacked class.
Now he’s 4th/5th at best.

He’s still the first OT off the board on several nfl expert mock drafts though so maybe he still is looked as the #1 guy by people in the league. 

Yeah. He’s good and I wouldn’t hate the pick. I have this confidence in Fant at LT and I think Thomas projects better to LT than RT out of the 4 OL. Worst case scenario is we draft our RT and if Fant bombs then we can still get an LT next year or draft and develop. 

4 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

My final board right now between the 4 OT and 3 WR.

1. Wirfs

2. Wills

3. Jeudy

4. Becton

5. Ruggs

6. Lamb

7. Thomas

I think right now we did enough in the off-season at OT that I think in the draft we need to focus on WR. 

My board would be Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs in Rd 1 and maybe trade back in to Rd 1 to get an OT in the 2nd tier or maybe double dip at WR and maybe get Mims or Jefferson

41 minutes ago, bspice said:

I think right now we did enough in the off-season at OT that I think in the draft we need to focus on WR. 

My board would be Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs in Rd 1 and maybe trade back in to Rd 1 to get an OT in the 2nd tier or maybe double dip at WR and maybe get Mims or Jefferson

We signed 1 OT.... how is that doing enough.  Don't get me wrong I am fine with going WR but we need help at OT too

8 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

We signed 1 OT.... how is that doing enough.  Don't get me wrong I am fine with going WR but we need help at OT too

We signed more then 1. They signed Greg Van Roten, Connor McGovern,  George Fant, Alex Lewis, and Josh Andrews

2 minutes ago, bspice said:

We signed more then 1. They signed Greg Van Roten, Connor McGovern,  George Fant, Alex Lewis, and Josh Andrews

Only Fant is a tackle there, the rest are OG or C.  You said we did enough at OT.  Fant hasn't even been a full time starter.  

1 hour ago, bspice said:

We signed 1 OT, he’s replacing the good one we had. How’s that enough?

I’ve put guys in 3 groups and the rest I wouldn’t like at all at 11. (I’m leaving Chase Young out of this bc there’s a 99.9% chance he won’t be there at 11).

Guys I’d be very excited if we drafted

Jerry Jeudy

CeeDee Lamb

Henry Ruggs

Jedrick Wills

Guys I’d be happy we drafted

Tristan Wirfs

Andrew Thomas

Guy I’d be ok with, but not excited about

Mekhi Becton

Everyone else I’d not like the pick.

In a trade down scenario I would be happy with any of (guys I like, just not worth the 11th pick, more in the 20s).

Justin Jefferson

Denzel Mims

Josh Jones

Austin Jackson