2020 NFL Draft: Discussion, Reports, Rumors, and Studies

jetskid007

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Furthermore... what if Crowder or Perriman go down? Both are guys who have injuries in their careers (both could go down). And you're exactly right... we won't be getting the 2nd tier guys either in the WR class if we go OT at 11. We're getting the 3rd and 4th tier.

Tier 1: Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs

Tier 2: Jefferson, Mims, Reagor, Higgins

Tier 3: Aiyuk, Hamler, Shenault, 

Tier 4: Claypool, Peoples-Jones, Pittman, Edwards, Jefferson

I think all the tier 1 and 2 guys will be gone by 48 and at least 2 if not all of the tier 3 guys. Yes I'm well aware that thats 9-10 WRs I think might go before 48. And I think that might be the case. I think at the end of Round 1 and early Round 2 these guys will fly off the board.

Do you take the 3rd or 4th best OT or the top weapon available?

I mean, seriously,  I feel if the jets have their pick at WR they should take it. Unless THEIR guy at OT falls (cause you know each team will prob have a different top 4), I'd take the top WR. It's ok to draft need when you can take your pick of any in a loaded wr class. 

• Like 1

We don’t really know how JD is going to draft. While we are all debating OT and WR, these are guys I think have a chance of being our pick at 11: CJ Henderson, and K’Lavon Chaisson. I don’t expect Simmons, Okudah and Young to be there.

Those two guys fit our scheme and feel two big needs.

Im not saying this is what I want. Just that those two players make sense. Especially C.J. Henderson. Chaisson is a bit of a projection.

I don’t know about that top 10 mostly being OT and QB. Ok say 3 QBs go. The two big question marks are the Redskins. Do they go OT and not select Young? Do they mess around and draft a QB?

Our neighbors will also be interesting. They need an OT. But Simmons has Gettleman written all over him. He’s this year’s yellow jacket player. He fills a need for them.

Who are the Falcons trying to trade up for? Is it Kinlaw or Henderson?

Draft time!!! Oh yey.

Edited by SDotNova

7 hours ago, dcat said:

Higgins won't get past Philly in round 1.  Green Bay would take him in a heartbeat in round 1 as well.  Mims will long be gone as will Jefferson.  At 48 you are looking at Aiyuk, Shenault (maybe) Pittman.

I will guarantee you Higgins gets past Philly.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KodiakThunder said:

I dont think anyone's saying they are comfortable with the OLine... just that the Oline has been addressed WAYYYY more than WR, CB, or even Edge rush. 

Sure,  I'd love 5 bonafide all pro linemen, however, there's a lot more positions on the football field than just OL. 

Others are right, we are incredibly thin at WR, not just in talent but on bodies as well. We are 5 deep at OL at 2 deep at WR. That's not helping a young QB. Even if darnold has 10 seconds a snap to throw, it doesnt matter if noone can get open, catch or get YAC. 

You're focusing way to much on what was our biggest need. 

And the argument of "if fant or someone else goes does down" is incredibly offbase. What if darnold goes down? By your logic we should take a QB at #11 in case darnold gets hurt. Injuries happen, but first you have to field a full team.

I also agree that the 2nd round of WR's prob wont reach us. Meanwhile we have the guys on oline to take a lineman a little later to develop IN CASE someone goes down. 

I'd go WR 1 and 3, OL in the 2nd, CB in the 3rd, and 4-7 look to sure up weak positions (pass rush, secondary help, back up rb, ect)

Eric decosta one of the most respected GMs in the league said in the 5th round there will be starting WRs in this draft.  

I'm not ignoring the position.  I'm doubling down actually just not in round 1 because of the depth at the position.

I'd triple down if I had to in rounds 2, 3 and 6 just to be safe just not round 1.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Furthermore... what if Crowder or Perriman go down? Both are guys who have injuries in their careers (both could go down). And you're exactly right... we won't be getting the 2nd tier guys either in the WR class if we go OT at 11. We're getting the 3rd and 4th tier.

Tier 1: Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs

Tier 2: Jefferson, Mims, Reagor, Higgins

Tier 3: Aiyuk, Hamler, Shenault, 

Tier 4: Claypool, Peoples-Jones, Pittman, Edwards, Jefferson

I think all the tier 1 and 2 guys will be gone by 48 and at least 2 if not all of the tier 3 guys. Yes I'm well aware that thats 9-10 WRs I think might go before 48. And I think that might be the case. I think at the end of Round 1 and early Round 2 these guys will fly off the board.

You could say the same thing for OT.  Jackson, Peart, Cleveland etc could all go early and push WRs down the board.  I'd bet on that happening over 10 WRs going before 48.  GMs know the depth at the position.

And if a WR goes down we will have Pittman, Aiyuk, Higgins, or Edwards or van Jefferson or Tyler Johnson or whoever to plug in.  

This isn't about Fant or Edoga going down this is about not trusting either one to be an above average OT for a QB who plays his best when protected.  

Edited by Rockice_8

13 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

You could say the same thing for OT.  Jackson, Peart, Cleveland etc could all go early and push WRs down the board.  I'd bet on that happening over 10 WRs going before 48.  GMs know the depth at the position.

And if a WR goes down we will have Pittman, Aiyuk, Higgins, or Edwards or van Jefferson or Tyler Johnson or whoever to plug in.  

This isn't about Fant or Edoga going down this is about not trusting either one to be an above average OT for a QB who plays his best when protected.  

8 WRs went before 48 in 2014. So it’s not far fetched.

21 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I will guarantee you Higgins gets past Philly.

And I will guarantee you that neither Higgins nor Mims will last until 48.  Round 1 for them.  Neither will Jefferson. 

Edited by dcat

18 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Eric decosta one of the most respected GMs in the league said in the 5th round there will be starting WRs in this draft.  

I'm not ignoring the position.  I'm doubling down actually just not in round 1 because of the depth at the position.

I'd triple down if I had to in rounds 2, 3 and 6 just to be safe just not round 1.

Why is a "starter" good enough? Cant we get a playmaker? Theres starters in EVERY round of the draft. I dont care that eric decosta said that, it can be true of any position at any round. 

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

For me I just think a combo of let’s say Lamb and Niang is better than let’s say Becton and Pittman

For me, Becton should not be part of draft combination, not even 3 first round picks.

Niang with torn hip labrum is almost impossible to develop the hope for him at next level.   I am with Scott Wright thinking he will be available on day 3.