2020 NFL Draft: Discussion, Reports, Rumors, and Studies

jetskid007

A couple of recent trades.

Steelers sent 20th, 52nd and future 3rd for the 10th pick (Bush)

So a philly trade could be 21, 53 and 2021 3rd (next years draft looks great as well).

Arizona sent 15th, 79, 152 for 10th pick (Rosen)

So a Falcons trade could be 16, 78, 2021 4th

Edited by SDotNova
  • Like 1

I really don't want to drop down to 21 unless we get another 1st round pick. Dropping from 11 to 21 is too big of a drop for me. We will miss out on the OT and the top 3 WR. I would trade with the falcons because the chances of at WR or OT will be there. I want Jeudy, Ruggs, or Lamb for WR or Wrifs, Willis, Thomas for OT. I don't want Becton unless it is in the second round. The guy has bust all over him. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, rampantjet said:

Ruggs has great hands.   He's dropped 1 ball in his college career.   Lamb dropped 5 last year.   Not sure how you can say he has good but not great hands when he has the lowest drop rate of any of these guys by a mile. 

Because I don't just look at statistics...

Ruggs uses his body too frequently for me to conclude he has great hands."Body catching" doesn't show up in a box score but it's a big red flag when evaluating someones ability to catch the football. Ruggs does a great job most of the time (Better than Jeudy/Worse than Lamb) but not enough to put him in that "Great" tier IMO. I actually stole "Good not great" from a Daniel Jeremiah break down, maybe a little harsh but the more I watched Ruggs the more I agreed.  

3 hours ago, Bianconero said:

There were some Jets-Falcons trade rumors two weeks or so ago. Could have some traction

16 might be the perfect spot or the worst spot to trade down. If one of the top 3 wrs are there at 16 it's an AMAZING trade down... however if we are at 16 and looking at the 2nd tier OT's and 2nd tier WR's it wont look as good. 

I have heard rumors that MANY teams see the 2nd tier of OT's as almost as good as the 1st tier....in fact, a source of mine told me several teams have Cleveland as a top 4 OT. 

50 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Because I don't just look at statistics...

Ruggs uses his body too frequently for me to conclude he has great hands."Body catching" doesn't show up in a box score but it's a big red flag when evaluating someones ability to catch the football. Ruggs does a great job most of the time (Better than Jeudy/Worse than Lamb) but not enough to put him in that "Great" tier IMO. I actually stole "Good not great" from a Daniel Jeremiah break down, maybe a little harsh but the more I watched Ruggs the more I agreed.  

He's shown plenty of ability to catch the ball away from his body.   You either drop the ball or you don't,  and he hardly ever did.   Works for me.   I don't think hands end up being the determining factor between these guys. 

2 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

16 might be the perfect spot or the worst spot to trade down. If one of the top 3 wrs are there at 16 it's an AMAZING trade down... however if we are at 16 and looking at the 2nd tier OT's and 2nd tier WR's it wont look as good. 

I have heard rumors that MANY teams see the 2nd tier of OT's as almost as good as the 1st tier....in fact, a source of mine told me several teams have Cleveland as a top 4 OT. 

WOW Cleveland a top 4. Now the more I think about it I like him more than Becton.

15 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

I hope we aren’t one of those teams. I like him but have him in that 6-10 range. The top 4 for me are Wills, Wirfs, Thomas and Becton. 

23 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

Tell us more pls

Agreed with @xenajets

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

He's shown plenty of ability to catch the ball away from his body.   You either drop the ball or you don't,  and he hardly ever did.   Works for me.   I don't think hands end up being the determining factor between these guys. 

This we disagree on, it's not that simple. Watch how Lamb attacks the ball at the top of his route or routinely plucks it out of the air away from his body. Little things like that go along way in keeping the ball away from defenders and winning contested situations. When I think of "Hands" that sometimes encompasses more than just drops.

6 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

This we disagree on, it's not that simple. Watch how Lamb attacks the ball at the top of his route or routinely plucks it out of the air away from his body. Little things like that go along way in keeping the ball away from defenders and winning contested situations. When I think of "Hands" that sometimes encompasses more than just drops.

I agree. Having no drops doesnt mean you have amazing hands. Contested catch % is prob the most indicative statistic for measuring a WR's hands. 

Drops are a concentration issue.