Dunder Mafia Paper Company - Everyone Wins, Daboyle Loses

Daboyle

3 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Yeah, I know, squire is obvious scum.

If Squire is scum, and I am more than happy to lynch him regardless of anything else that happens this Day phase, I think it is far more likely he is the SK than Mafia.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

If Squire is scum, and I am more than happy to lynch him regardless of anything else that happens this Day phase, I think it is far more likely he is the SK than Mafia.

This is the second time in like 10 minutes youve said this. It appears you are speaking from an informed position. @SwAg => sickem 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Blue said:

Do you think I don't notice you ducking the question?

I'm obviously well aware of the gambit you were pulling. My question is whether you actually believed that bull**** about a 4-way lynch being in Town's interest or not.

You've been ducking this one for what, 30 minutes?

22 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

What are you seeing friendo bc I reading him as town all the way. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

This is the second time in like 10 minutes youve said this. It appears you are speaking from an informed position. @SwAg => sickem 

I'm happy to explain my thought process. Just waiting on @Malfatron to get out of his scumchat and tell me if he really thinks lynching 4 people on Day 1 is a smart Town play.

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

I'm happy to explain my thought process. Just waiting on @Malfatron to get out of his scumchat and tell me if he really thinks lynching 4 people on Day 1 is a smart Town play.

Yes. lynching H, finn, squire, vmd, and ksj day 1.

i would have been fine with that if it came to it.

if there was 1 scum or less, at least it would be a good meme

23 minutes ago, Blue said:

Well, the SK is the one Indy you cannot really have a working relationship with consistently.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Yes. lynching H, finn, squire, vmd, and ksj day 1.

i would have been fine with that if it came to it.

if there was 1 scum or less, at least it would be a good meme

Well, as long as we agree that it was for the lulz. Luckily, it only ended up being a 3-way tie and the math works in Town's favor at that point.

For @Pickle Rick and anyone else who's wondering, here's my rather lengthy train of thought on this situation:

- A regular Townie is typically going to vote to save themselves in the Prisoner's Dilemma situation @squire12 found himself in. If you believe that one of the other two people about to be lynched with you is not Town, then why not flip your vote to one of them and see who else, if anyone, flips their vote as well? At the very least, you'd want to give yourself a Night to use your ability and at least have a chance to show you're Town. Swag apparently disagrees; good for him. I don't think it's a good strategy to just fall on your sword as an uninformed Townie on the chance that scum...won't just move their vote to save themselves. Or that another Townie won't do the exact same thing and screw over both of you.

- Let's first say Squire is Mafia. There's two options for Mafia here:

1. Mafia knows he's caught, have him switch off to buy him another Night
2. Mafia knows he's caught, leave the votes where they are and hope somebody else switches over at the last second or in OT

In my mind, Option 2 is the clear-cut safe play if Squire is the only Mafia up for lynch. All it takes is getting one person to switch their vote, and Squire can wriggle into Option 1 at that point if all else fails. Flipping at the last minute is a panic move if Squire is Mafia, which isn't impossible (at all) but unlikely to me. I don't believe Mafia would choose Option 1 given the choice.

There is of course one possibility why they felt they couldn't choose Option 2:

3. Squire and someone else in the lynch trains are Mafia

In which case, this is just the Monty Hall Problem: if Squire flips Mafia, then @FinneasGage likely flips Mafia, too, since we know Squire actively chose to lynch the Town @Heimdallr instead of current unknown FinneasGage. Hence, Squire in all practical terms MUST BE the lynch today.

All of this is, of course, assuming Squire is Mafia. What if he's SK? They have no incentive to "take one for the team" since nobody is on their team, which is why I'm currently leaning Indy for Squire.

- As a Townie, I don't know how Squire is gonna flip. Given no one came forward to clear or damn him, it seems nobody else among Town does, either. That doesn't mean we should be in a hurry to lynch him and see what happens, especially with a 30 minute Night phase and not knowing how he flipped until after Night ends. If and when Squire flips Mafia, great job @Malfatron and @SwAg. That's at least two people cleared right off the bat. But if he flips anything else, I'm left with a lot of questions, no good answers, and a bad feeling for the rest of the game.

- Last but not least: we've lost four Town roles, two of them power roles, and it's Day 2. I'd be shocked if we started with more than 16 Townies all together, so that's about a quarter of Town gone right out the gate. We need to take the time to talk things through today and make sure we get as much information as possible, because we can't afford another Day-Night combo like that (as unlikely as it is that this happens again).

- The Mafia kills make sense to me: reasonably well-respected players, but unlikely to be protected Night 1. I think the SK is either someone who Dome wrecked in last game or someone annoyed by his in-character posting gimmick. He wasn't doing much thread work, and I don't believe anyone would really believe Kelly is a power role. That screams like a vendetta kill from somebody who doesn't care how the game plays out. I think we can narrow that person down quite a bit today.

• Like 1