Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

We Calvinists get a bad rap. We will pray for that and trust God, but we also do things like buckle our seatbelts. ;)

I want to make a joke about 5 TULIP here but can’t quite come up with one lol.

22 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

By not mandating masks he (the governor) is telling people that they don't have to wear them, and that it's ok not to wear them. I honestly didn't think that I would have to type that.

He's making it worse by suing the Mayor for mandating them. This is not leadership. It's literally spitting in the face of everyone actively trying to slow the spread in a state that has one of the highest positivity rates in the country.

Out of footballs to give again. Do the mods know why there are limits?

18 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

By not mandating masks he (the governor) is telling people that they don't have to wear them, and that it's ok not to wear them. I honestly didn't think that I would have to type that.

He's making it worse by suing the Mayor for mandating them. This is not leadership. It's literally spitting in the face of everyone actively trying to slow the spread in a state that has one of the highest positivity rates in the country.

The governor explicitly said wear masks, i didnt think id have to say that....

How many times does he have to say wear masks for people to think he actually means it? if you pay attention to kemo enough to know he sued, you pay attention enough to see him say the lawsuit has nothing to do with masks and is simply about someone overstepping authority. He explicitly says to wear masks. why would people think its ok not to if he explicitly says to wear them?

3 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

How many times does he have to say wear masks for people to think he actually means it? if you pay attention to kemo enough to know he sued, you pay attention enough to see him say the lawsuit has nothing to do with masks and is simply about someone overstepping authority. He explicitly says to wear masks. why would people think its ok not to if he explicitly says to wear them?

Because people that already are against wearing the mask now have no reason to wear them. pretty flippin simple.

6 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Ever heard "Actions speak louder than words". It speaks volumes in our current climate. We have numerous people in HIGH government preaching something, but doing the other and people take actions more seriously than words.

Just now, JDBrocks said:

Because people that already are against wearing the mask now have no reason to wear them. pretty flippin simple.

what # of people who are against wearing masks would have worn one becuase theres no written law. A law that hasnt been enforced strictly even in places with laws in place and the actual penalty is very mild. Or in other words, where there is very little reprecussions. 

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

Ever heard "Actions speak louder than words". It speaks volumes in our current climate. We have numerous people in HIGH government preaching something, but doing the other and people take actions more seriously than words.

this is purely your thought thats backed up by little to nothing.

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

what # of people who are against wearing masks would have worn one becuase theres no written law. A law that hasnt been enforced strictly even in places with laws in place and the actual penalty is very mild. Or in other words, where there is very little reprecussions. 

You've chosen to argue that politicizing a science backed life saving measure is ok. The governor of Georgia is making a political statement that is GOING TO KILL PEOPLE. 

I don't think we have much more to talk about.

3 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

You've chosen to argue that politicizing a science backed life saving measure is ok. The governor of Georgia is making a political statement that is GOING TO KILL PEOPLE. 

I don't think we have much more to talk about.

woah, woah, woah.... you dont get to put words in my mouth. 

ive never said anything about politics. You may view kemps actions as political but theres not much actual evidence of that. It could be viewed as him simply taking action against someone who overstepped their authority. 

However, glad to see youve attempted the moral high ground when you cant answer questions honestly. youre right, theres more to talk about.

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

in regards to masks specifically, i dont really know tbh. neither do you. there is a likely answer at this point though. can you guess what it is?

In general...Peoples actions speak louder than their words. I don't care if you advice people to wear masks if you're not wearing one because you're saying with your actions that you clearly don't think its that big of a deal. This is super simple. People will follow what you DO more than what you SAY.

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

In general...Peoples actions speak louder than their words. I don't care if you advice people to wear masks if you're not wearing one because you're saying with your actions that you clearly don't think its that big of a deal. This is super simple. People will follow what you DO more than what you SAY.

um... you had me curious so i googled kemp not wearing mask. Seems like he wears one way more often than not. DO you have some link that has kemp never wearing masks and saying he never will?

4 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

woah, woah, woah.... you dont get to put words in my mouth. 

ive never said anything about politics. You may view kemps actions as political but theres not much actual evidence of that. It could be viewed as him simply taking action against someone who overstepped their authority. 

However, glad to see youve attempted the moral high ground when you cant answer questions honestly. youre right, theres more to talk about.

Suing Atlanta isn't politcal? please explain.

Meanwhile mandates are more effective than recommendations. Some people that don't want to wear one will if they are forced to. They won't if they aren't. This is why we have laws.

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

um... you had me curious so i googled kemp not wearing mask. Seems like he wears one way more often than not. DO you have some link that has kemp never wearing masks and saying he never will?

Way to miss the entire point. It's not about him specifically wearing a mask. If you tell people that they legally don't have to they won't. Again, I'm not sure why this is so difficult for you.