Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

2 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

A combination of both. If it wasn't the cold, it would be something else as a result of the autoimmune disease so if you're going to attribute the death to one thing, what would you say it is?

So, the answer is that you literally do not attribute death to one thing because it is not one thing.  It is reflected in every disease.  That is the point of delineating comorbidities to remove duplicative data.

2 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Good argument.  It’s in the original propaganda meme that misrepresented the CDC data, as I said.

Sorry, not seeing it in there. You're making **** up. Unless you're not talking about that Tweet which isn't a meme either which is why I could be confused.

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

Just now, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Sorry, not seeing it in there. You're making **** up. Unless you're not talking about that Tweet which isn't a meme either.

I’m talking about the meme that prompted the tweet.  The tweet even referenced to “checking” information after being informed of it.

49 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Exactly! I'm guessing the death would be marked as Covid related but your question is why the data is more than likely, flawed. 

Well, my point is that if it was from something else, it would not be labeled as a Covid death. Similar to the George Floyd situation.

46 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Sorry, not seeing it in there. You're making **** up. Unless you're not talking about that Tweet which isn't a meme either which is why I could be confused.

Just to be clear, the Tweet itself is misleading and is helping to fuel that false propaganda.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Well, my point is that if it was from something else, it would not be labeled as a Covid death. Similar to the George Floyd situation.

So if a person has measles, the flu, covid, west nile, and this person died, does it get marked as a death for every ailment? I don't know how this works. If it does, I can get the logic, but that's misleading as well. 

Like I said, I don't agree the deaths are 9k like suggested but I'm curious about the massive numbers especially when this is being used as a political attack against opponents. 

3 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

So if a person has measles, the flu, covid, west nile, and this person died, does it get marked as a death for every ailment? I don't know how this works. If it does, I can get the logic, but that's misleading as well. 

Like I said, I don't agree the deaths are 9k like suggested but I'm curious about the massive numbers especially when this is being used as a political attack against opponents. 

I don’t know if it’s a political attack so much as incompetence at the national level compared to other countries. As I mentioned previously several pages ago, it is unacceptable that we have this many deaths and counting. This is what happens when you put short term economics ahead of safety. And the deaths don’t even reflect all the other problems because of Covid.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

You didn’t go read the CDC link, or even the table it specifically cited, that the tweet told you to read, did you?

17 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I know things are ****ed up over there, but is this something you regularly deal with?

Just a little more context:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/08/30/politics/twitter-coronavirus-deaths-false-claim-qanon-trump/index.html

The CDC's latest regular update to a public statistics page on the pandemic -- there was nothing especially "quiet" about it -- said that for 6% of the deaths included in its statistics, "Covid-19 was the only cause mentioned" on the deceased person's death certificate. 

That is not at all the same thing as saying only 6% of reported Covid-19 deaths "actually died" from Covid-19. It simply means that the other 94% were listed as having at least one additional factor contributing to their death.

For example, the other 94% includes people whose death certificate listed both Covid-19 and obesity, both Covid-19 and diabetes, or both Covid-19 and heart disease -- among other conditions. 

People can live with obesity, diabetes or heart disease for years but then get infected with Covid-19 and die quickly. The fact that they also had an underlying condition does not mean that Covid-19 was not a major reason, or the major reason, they died when they did. 

There is no secret about the fact that pre-existing health conditions can cause people to experience more severe problems from Covid-19. The CDC has long said that older adults and people with other underlying health conditions are more likely to become seriously ill. 

Its statistics page currently says that for "deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death."

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mega Ron said:

I know things are ****ed up over there, but is this something you regularly deal with?

No.  Almost 2/3 of the comorbidities listed are low / high blood pressure and respiratory issues that are inseparable from COVID because of their similarities and inherent propensity to make the other respiratory conditions worse.

But, we use examples from the categories that range from  .3% to 5% of the comorbidities because it makes a better argument if you assume no one will actually look at the data.

• Like 1

That was the point I was trying to make with the anecdote about declining health with age.

Do you know someone with high blood pressure?  Low blood pressure?  Respiratory issues?  Diabetes?  On a monthly medication?  Alzheimer’s?  Crohn’s disease?  Stomach ulcer? Digestive issues?  Overweight?

Well, then, they would be counted in the comorbidity, and not in that 6% that died from exclusively COVID.  And those types of common health issues constitute an overwhelming majority of the comorbidities listed.

It’s not this dramatic picture of emaciated people on death’s door that represent 95% of the comboridities.  It is much more dull, like blood pressure issues.  The cancer / 400 lb / murdered by Derek Chauvin / etc. are outliers.

That’s how ridiculous this argument is.  It is some person took the transparency data, misread it, made a meme, and the pandemic-truthers ran with it.

Edited by SwAg
  • Like 3